Sign in to follow this  
essex canary

Essex based canaries

Join the Capital Canaries, afterall I believe the main man is/was from Southend!

They do cheap train travel which would make doing the train from Southend to Norwich would be cheap with a capital Canaries reduction!

Only problem is when they do Engineering works!

The Tranmere game last year - I got very angry that day. Six hours travelling (Colchester to Norwich and back).

Otherwise I would join CapitalCanaries

We''ve got many members from all over Essex, although travelling from Southend will be a pain from the timetable change as the London - Norwich trains stop calling at Shenfield.From Colchester the cheapest advance purchase fare to Norwich is £16, or on the day £19.80.  If you join the Capitals you can book up until noon on a Thursday and travel for just £13 return, and that includes a £1 donation to FONCY.  So all you''d need to do is 4 trips in a season to make back your membership fee (£12 adult).  We''ve got 49 on the trip tomorrow.www.capitalcanaries.co.uk

I''ll be very tempted to do that Matt.

Got to drive tomorrow though, as off to see family after game.

Do you have to travel on specific train in a group? Guessing that is how the discount works.

Yes, we use the 11:00 from London (11:50 from Colchester) and both the 17:30 and 18:00 from Norwich for the return (normally about a 70:30 split for the earlier train).We arrive into Norwich before 1pm, so a good couple of hours before the match.

Chelmsford based here - I usually catch the train from Chelmsford direct. The only tricky match is binners at home as the blue filth are all over the trains heading up to Carrow Rd. Happy to meet up locally in Essex though for beers/TV matches.

Tim.

My brother lives in Wickford and frequently drives to home and away games. I used to live in Essex but now live in Accrington. I will mention your email to my brother. I''m going to the Burnley home game in November by car if you fancied that one? other passenger will be a Burnley season ticket holder to though.

Ingi