Sign in to follow this  
Raymond De Waard

New songs to sing - Atmosphere needs to improve!

I have recently posted an Andrew Surman song on here, which you all agreed you quite liked.

Can we get this song going when he''s back fit and able!!!!

Also, thought up one for Elliot Ward (To the tune of ''Lord of the dance'' - I think!? LOL)

Ward, Ward

Plays for City

Din''t cost fu@k all, we got him on a free

Good on the ground and up in the air

Wins the ball and we all fu@king cheer...........(repeat)

Also.............WE REALLY NEED TO GET THE St Pauli song going, but our own version obviously! 

The atmosphere needs to improve on a match day!  There are far too many fans simply happy to sit and moan and not participate in what being a football fan is all about...........cheering your team on, singing, having fun, banter with the fans etc

I really wish all area''s of the ground sung, would make for an incredible match experience for everybody and how intimidating for the away fans and team!!!!

The Ward song will never get sung unless you replace the naughty swear word(todays fans [:$] ), Carrow road contray to popular belief has never been a fortress or cauldrum of noise and probably never will be. There was a time back in the 80''s when the River end did used to sing back to the Barclay when goaded by the can you here the river end sing etc,etc the old south and main stands have always been fairly quiet.

You are fighting a losing battle.

[quote user="Raymond De Waard"]

I have recently posted an Andrew Surman song on here, which you all agreed you quite liked.

Can we get this song going when he''s back fit and able!!!!

Also, thought up one for Elliot Ward (To the tune of ''Lord of the dance'' - I think!? LOL)

Ward, Ward

Plays for City

Also.............WE REALLY NEED TO GET THE St Pauli song going, but our own version obviously! 

The atmosphere needs to improve on a match day!  There are far too many fans simply happy to sit and moan and not participate in what being a football fan is all about...........cheering your team on, singing, having fun, banter with the fans etc

I really wish all area''s of the ground sung, would make for an incredible match experience for everybody and how intimidating for the away fans and team!!!!

[/quote]

Why does the atmosphere need improving? Lambo loves it and the players comment upon it all the time.

No, Unhinged Canary just bored of these posts
i do my bit to sing but these threads are getting repetitive and the name was all i could think of.

Dont take it out on me just because i cant afford a more expensive season ticket at the age of 15

It''s been said before but it''s worth saying again. People are there to enjoy whatever match experience they like. Whether they choose to sing and stand or sit and watch is frankly none of your business. [Y]

[quote user="Raymond De Waard"]

Ward, Ward

Plays for City

[/quote]

LOL.Fail.

[quote user="KING OF NP"]

No, Unhinged Canary just bored of these posts
i do my bit to sing but these threads are getting repetitive and the name was all i could think of.

Dont take it out on me just because i cant afford a more expensive season ticket at the age of 15

[/quote]

[Y]

Hmm on the atmosphere it has been a little down of late, i am not saying it is a bad atmosphere it just hasn''t been as up there as other matches but hey.... its home!

On the note of the songs we need to make up new ones. Instead of keep singing the old ones all the time and WARD is quality so lets get on and sing something new. I am looking forward to a rendition of King of Spain and Hooly giving us a reason to sing about him!

[quote user="Raymond De Waard"]Also, thought up one for Elliot Ward (To the tune of ''Lord of the dance'' - I think!? LOL)

Ward, Ward

Plays for City

[/quote]

Zak, Zak, wherever you may beWe all follow your injured kneeAnd we''ll strap it up and ice repeatedly -our treatment room''s Champions league quality.

[quote user="Mr. Chops"][quote user="Raymond De Waard"]Also, thought up one for Elliot Ward (To the tune of ''Lord of the dance'' - I think!? LOL)

Ward, Ward

Plays for City

[/quote]

Zak, Zak, wherever you may be
We all follow your injured knee
And we''ll strap it up and ice repeatedly -
our treatment room''s Champions league quality.

[/quote]

Good effort - shame it doesn''t scan.

Being an ex steward, saw the light very quickly! I sit in the lower barclay and I have to say the stewards in the particular block I reside in are very very quick to tell us to sit down, It has even got to the point of doing it during an attack or incident which the "natural" reaction is to stand up. I''m not laying all the blame at the stewards but there needs to be some discretion and common sense and I believe this is one of the reasons the atmosphere in the barclay in particular is not what it used to be. When the ground is jumping it''s great but it''s getting quashed far far too quickly.

Raymond De Waard i agree the atmosphere is good in my eyes but not concsistent and some new songs would be good!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYtdW5bD-7QI saw the same games, oh every weekYou pulled them to the ground, then we gave upSo we got out of League One, and you left to join CharltonPrompting a defensive shake-up Since we lost you, DohertyWe don''t concede a penalty...Since you been gone, since you been gone

No penalties are concededAnd zero free kicksJust outside the boxIt seems that you''re not neededOooohhh - Whhooooaaa - Ooooohhh

Since you been gone

@dreamteam

Besiktas, check the you tube link above

Also Stoke, Bristol R, Celtic, Rangers, Feyernoord, Corinthians, Lyon, Lazio.

Loads, even us on occasions.

Three reasons why I get a bit cheesed off with the atmosphere:

1) yellowarmyyellowarmyyellowarmyyellowarmyyellowarmyyellowarmy (snatch a breath) yellowarmyyellowarmyyellowarmy..... until passing out through lack of oxygen.  Song completely spolit when yellow army was accompanied by a pumping visit (I know that sounds wrong) rather than frenetic clapping.

2PaulLambert''sgreenandyellowarmyncfcpaullambert''sgreenandyellowarmyPaulLambert''sgreenandyellowarmyncfcpaullambert''sgreenandyellowarmy.  Why so quick???

3) On the ball City ending with Ohwe''vescoredagoal.  Can the end of the song even be made out now??

So, three songs sung at double speed, we must sound stupid to away fans.  Listen today and tell me if I''m wrong.  Regarding new songs, that''s fine but we have loads of great old songs that have tradition (My old man, Wings of a sparrow, Norfolk, Norfolk, When I was just a little boy, Give me an N.. etc).  I just think due to the age range of our fans now possible not many people know the words. 

Don''t want to tell people how to watch a match but am sad the way songs are being forgotten or otherwise ruined.

Re 1) sorry that should have read yellow army was spoilt when the traditional accompanying fist pumping was replaced by frenetic clapping which increased the speed of the singing so much.

[quote user="Yarmouthyellow1"]

Three reasons why I get a bit cheesed off with the atmosphere:

1) yellowarmyyellowarmyyellowarmyyellowarmyyellowarmyyellowarmy (snatch a breath) yellowarmyyellowarmyyellowarmy..... until passing out through lack of oxygen.  Song completely spolit when yellow army was accompanied by a pumping visit (I know that sounds wrong) rather than frenetic clapping.

2PaulLambert''sgreenandyellowarmyncfcpaullambert''sgreenandyellowarmyPaulLambert''sgreenandyellowarmyncfcpaullambert''sgreenandyellowarmy.  Why so quick???

3) On the ball City ending with Ohwe''vescoredagoal.  Can the end of the song even be made out now??

So, three songs sung at double speed, we must sound stupid to away fans.  Listen today and tell me if I''m wrong.  Regarding new songs, that''s fine but we have loads of great old songs that have tradition (My old man, Wings of a sparrow, Norfolk, Norfolk, When I was just a little boy, Give me an N.. etc).  I just think due to the age range of our fans now possible not many people know the words. 

Don''t want to tell people how to watch a match but am sad the way songs are being forgotten or otherwise ruined.

[/quote]

Yarmouthyellow1. Do remember that you are in fact attending a football match. If you want perfectly sung songs, then I suggest you go to the choir.

Enjoy the game.

Y Army!

Mainline.  Cheers, I''ll bear those words of wisdom in mind, ignore any more of your posts and suggest if you want a message board where people can''t express their opinion without sarcastic responses that maybe you shouldn''t be on here.  Onwards Christian soliders and all that.

[quote user="Yarmouthyellow1"]Mainline.  Cheers, I''ll bear those words of wisdom in mind, ignore any more of your posts and suggest if you want a message board where people can''t express their opinion without sarcastic responses that maybe you shouldn''t be on here.  Onwards Christian soliders and all that.[/quote]

If you can not handle responses that are not of your liking then I suggest that maybe you shouldn’t be on here!

We have the freedom to express ourselves. It’s called living in a democracy.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the choir today at 3pm at Norwich Cathedral.

Just hope they all sing in ‘tune’ and sync for you!

[quote user="dreamteam"]The atmosphere is fine. Pldease name any club where ALL the fans in ALL the stands sing at once/[/quote]

Millwall. Fantastic atmosphere in the new Den.

I agree Barclaystand.

I sit in the Jarrold and let''s dispell a few myths on here. The Jarrold is not quiet. We don''t sing much but there is plenty of applause and cheering. The noise can be intense and there is often a good atmosphere.

If you allegedly better fans in the Barclay and Snakepit want the Jarrold to sing, why do you ignore the substantial minority who sing "We''re the Jarrold" when you start your rather bizarre snakepit/jarrold round?