Sign in to follow this  
The Butler

A Message from NCISA

CA wont mind if I disagree as she knows I will as I did last night as she was leaving (btw how come I wasn''t your highlight!)

Talking to Butler I am more enthusiastic that things will change and that NCISA will become more relevant to more fans.

I was disappointed with the "new" Constitution and the fact that Ankles proposals on limiting the life of officers on the committee did not merit consideration.

Although I get on well with all the committee (except one I haven''t met to my knowledge) and like them all as people I do feel that for NCISA to really change it will need to rotate committee members.

At the moment I have to liken it to your local Conservative committee where well meaning stalwarts keep the coffee mornings going and turn out to deliver leaflets every election but can only attract a new committee member once in a while who stays a while then leaves.

Sorry Butler that''s you compared to a Liberal and a Tory in less than a week! Can you prove me wrong and become a radical Trotskyite?

Never has so much been said by so many about so few............What a load of waffle about nothing..... and clearly an indication of what has gone wrong with NCFC in 2010.  Never mind the debt and ownership issues.... just as long as we have enough self important ''jobsworths'' to fill 12 irrelevant positions in a pointless organisation.Stunning.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="GMF"]So who is the NCISA chairman, or should that be Chairperson, now?[/quote]

It was announced that Butler is now the acting chairman, and I understand that he will become chairman once they''ve been through the formalities plus the existing committee are all going to continue in their roles.

It was a very short AGM which started at 7.35pm and was over in 30 mins. There was then  about 15 mins for comments/questions where a few people started discussing ticket prices/food prices/other concerns re the club which they were going to ask McNally & co, a 10 min break then the fans forum started at 8.30pm

I was disappointed because I was under the impression ( which is why I made the 90 min round trip just for the AGM, ) that we were going to hear some detail about, how they were going to change the image of ncisa , their plans to move it forward , plans for their new website, their recruitment plans, when the website will be able to accomodate some kind of forum for members to use instead of the pinkun, but none of that was mentioned. Presume though that will all be discussed with their members at some stage when they have decided on a course of action.

Only 50 people from 450 ish  paid up members turned up for the AGM and that included 10 committee members and 2 journalists from the EDP which I guess tells its only story of the interest in ncisa at the moment.( About another 10 people turned up at the end of the ncisa meeting just for the McNally forum )

Anyway Butler & Co will be relieved to know that I won''t be asking any more questions about ncisa and its plans  because although they keep saying things are going to change dramatically for the better and that we need to be patient with them but I''m not convinced. In my opinion interest in ncisa seems to be steadily waning ( how many would have turned up if McNally and Co hadnt of been coming after their AGM), maybe its because everything at the club is going well or maybe its because fans feel that there''s no need for an independant supporters association anymore and concerns with the club can be dealt with directly,

I don''t know but think they have a big job on their hands to increase their membership to a reasonable figure and to change people''s perception of them and what they do, thats my opinion for what its worth. 

P.S.There was one highlight of the evening which was sitting next to the handsome Beauseant for 45 mins [:)]

[/quote]

You old smooth talker, you!

The turnout was disappointing, and no doubt influenced by the bickering on this thread, which has done no one any good, in my opinion. NCISA is definitely at a crossroads, and I know that The Butler has lots of plans. Unfortunately it does take time to turn an organisation around, and sometimes the groundwork for that has to happen away from the public eye. I think that a strong, independent supporters association is vital, and McNally and Foulger made it very clear how valuable they think such a channel is, but it must be truly reresentative of its members, open to constructive criticism and make itself attractive and relevant to a much larger section of the support base than it currently does.

This will take time, and a great deal of work from people who, as has been regularly stated, do their jobs voluntarily. I''m sure that the committee are ready for that challenge and that NCISA will emerge stronger and better over the next year. Hopefully people will bear with them during this process, and regular feedback must be provided from NCISA itself. The supporters need the voice that NCISA can give them, but in turn, in my view, it has to spend more time looking outwards rather than inwards. That WILL happen.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

It must be truly representative of its members, open to constructive criticism and make itself attractive and relevant to a much larger section of the support base than it currently does.

It has to spend more time looking outwards rather than inwards.

That WILL happen.

[/quote]

They are the key areas of your post for me.

As for the ''''it will happen'''' lets hope it does but in my opinion it will only happen if they freshen up the committee with some new  people onboard such as yourself. ( I''m surprised they didn''t approach you when the AGM date was first announced)

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Beauseant"]

It must be truly representative of its members, open to constructive criticism and make itself attractive and relevant to a much larger section of the support base than it currently does.

That WILL happen.

[/quote]

As for the ''''it will happen'''' lets hope it does but in my opinion it will only happen if they freshen up the committee with some new  people onboard such as yourself. ( I''m surprised they didn''t approach you when the AGM date was first announced)

[/quote]

You realy don''t give anyone a chance do you CA.

That''s were we differ, the present committee, with I hope an addition or two very shortly, will have a different agenda and plan to work to.

I am sure that,knowing them,they will respond, if not no doubt they will leave. It''s voluntary remember.

John only left last Friday, I was not approached and voted in until last night.

That''s given me a massive amount of time to get a lot of planning in place hasn''t it.

Some things have already started and we hope to make further announcements (for those interested cluck)  very early next week.

By the way our membership is up not down several new members joining through the website.

On the website front I have explained that we just cannot make any major changes until after Christmas, that is because the developers are busy earning a living. There are again plans awaiting their availability including, again as I have already told you, a members forum.

If you ask a question CA read or listen to the answer then you wont feel rejected ,your opinion is valuable.

We value all opinions (sensible and biologicaly possible)   Some things we will act upon, some will be rejected as impracticle and others will go into a melting pot for the future.

Even GOD was allowed 6 days as an Angel you should know that[:D]

>It must be ...open to constructive criticism

Judging by The Butler''s defensive replies on this thread to some pretty simple questions I''m not holding my breath.

Out of interest (and for the 99% of people on here who are not NCISA members) what is the real name of "The Butler"?

[quote user="Metatron"]>It must be ...open to constructive criticism Judging by The Butler''s defensive replies on this thread to some pretty simple questions I''m not holding my breath. Out of interest (and for the 99% of people on here who are not NCISA members) what is the real name of "The Butler"?[/quote]

Well that''s certainly a heads I win tails you lose post!

By the way not being defensive try holding your breath for 10 mins it does improve some posters I''m told.[;)]

[quote user="Metatron"]>It must be ...open to constructive criticism Judging by The Butler''s defensive replies on this thread to some pretty simple questions I''m not holding my breath. Out of interest (and for the 99% of people on here who are not NCISA members) what is the real name of "The Butler"?[/quote]

Metatron, I agree that there has been a lot of defensiveness about this issue and that it hasn''t helped. I think there are two main underlying problems. Firstly, people who are working voluntarily will often bridle at perceived criticism, based on the premise that they''re doing something and those that are seen to be criticising aren''t, not that that makes it right. Secondly, and more importantly, this thread has shown that lots of different people, some members, some on the committee, attempting to dip in and out of discussions and confusing personal views with NCISA views (not always the same!) is not a great way of showing the organisation in its best like. Communication, as in the business world, is such a key factor, and I think most would agree that it''s not a area where NCISA has covered itself with glory. However, as I''ve said before that can, and must change.

Inevitably communication on this or any other website is addressed to a very small number of people. Let''s be realistic you are either obsessed or sad if you spend a lot of time on any website.

The major motivation for coming on here is to have fun and wind up other people (yes look in the mirror most of you) so as such most posts come across as negative or argumentative whatever the topic.

As such each side gets bogged down in entrenched views and to be honest every debate is a waste of time with few people ever admitting to change their views (a victory is where someone gives up!!)

On NCISA the debate has gone on for years and to my recollection pre McNally/Gunn/Worthington/Delia et al.

In fact ever since it was set up there have been critics but no one for clarity NO ONE that has offered an even remotely credible alternative.

For the first time since NCISA was started the committee is no longer controlled by the original committee, for that we should be grateful and accept that change has finally come. Now with that we should not expect radical earth shattering change but more a steady progression towards an organisation that we all feel represents us.

I personally feel that The Butler will make a fine chairman and despite the short period he has had he is already coming out with a lot of good ideas and good sense.

He is already known to people at NCFC and so he can hit the ground running. If he can devote the time that the job unfortunately demands then NCISA, the wider fan base and indeed NCFC will be better off.

He has the support of the tireless Kathy and the rest of the committee and it would be nice if the perennial critics of NCISA actually stopped trying to score points and gave him a chance - I will!

3 replies and no answer to another simple question - what''s the name of the new NCISA chairman?

He might make a fine chairman but I''ve no idea which one of the committee members he is.

No wonder people get fed up.

I see the NCISA website has been updated so in case anyone was wondering what The Butler''s real name is:

Chris Wright(Acting Chairman)

First game January 1959 (guess the opposition!) and continued smitten ever since.

Have been fortunate to be closely involved with the club over many years and through many regimes.

Favourite player of all times the legendary Barry Butler.

Joined NCISA as I believe that the supporters sometimes need a unified voice both in good and bad times.

Butler, if you are open to suggestion, then please note the following constructive criticism.

Your spelling and grammar almost always leaves a lot to be desired. Further, repeatedly pointing out on this forum that committee members are volunteers and, therefore have limited time to attend to NCISA matters is, quite frankly, not in the best interests of NCISA. The relevant effectiveness of any body is measured by what it actually achieves regardless of the available resource time. If you ( or anyone else for that matter ) think these points are unfair then you need to think a little deeper. Poor spelling and grammar are not important issues when simply acting as a poster on a message board for a Friday joke thread or the like, but it is a relevant issue for someone who acts as a Chairman of an association that wants to increase its relevance. You and your fellow committe members are to be commended for volunteering your time to want to make a difference, however, having decided to do so, you then are well advised to under promise and over deliver against your objectives, perhaps doing so on the NCISA forum to existing members, and only reaching out through other forums/mediums when you know you have the resource time to communicate very specific messages  rather than vague references to what might be at some future point.

Then, and only then, will people like me be motivated to become an NCISA member and even provide ongoing constructive support and input.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Butler, if you are open to suggestion, then please note the following constructive criticism.

Your spelling and grammar almost always leaves a lot to be desired. Further, repeatedly pointing out on this forum that committee members are volunteers and, therefore have limited time to attend to NCISA matters is, quite frankly, not in the best interests of NCISA. The relevant effectiveness of any body is measured by what it actually achieves regardless of the available resource time. If you ( or anyone else for that matter ) think these points are unfair then you need to think a little deeper. Poor spelling and grammar are not important issues when simply acting as a poster on a message board for a Friday joke thread or the like, but it is a relevant issue for someone who acts as a Chairman of an association that wants to increase its relevance. You and your fellow committe members are to be commended for volunteering your time to want to make a difference, however, having decided to do so, you then are well advised to under promise and over deliver against your objectives, perhaps doing so on the NCISA forum to existing members, and only reaching out through other forums/mediums when you know you have the resource time to communicate very specific messages  rather than vague references to what might be at some future point.

Then, and only then, will people like me be motivated to become an NCISA member and even provide ongoing constructive support and input.

[/quote]

....committee.......

Ouch!!!!

OTBC

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Beauseant"]

That WILL happen.

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s were we differ, the present committee, with I hope an addition or two very shortly, will have a different agenda and plan to work to.

I am sure that,knowing them,they will respond, if not no doubt they will leave. It''s voluntary remember.

That''s given me a massive amount of time to get a lot of planning in place hasn''t it.

Some things have already started and we hope to make further announcements (for those interested cluck)  very early next week.

By the way our membership is up not down several new members joining through the website.

On the website front I have explained that we just cannot make any major changes until after Christmas, that is because the developers are busy earning a living. There are again plans awaiting their availability including, again as I have already told you, a members forum.

If you ask a question CA read or listen to the answer then you wont feel rejected ,your opinion is valuable.

We value all opinions (sensible and biologicaly possible)   Some things we will act upon, some will be rejected as impracticle and others will go into a melting pot for the future.

[/quote]

Congratulations on your appointment.

• Keep it simple
  • Delegate
  • Follow up

Good luck.

By the way, my first match was the one before yours! We stuck 4 past Southend at Carrow Road - 3 in the first 12 minutes as 1 recall.

OTBC

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Beauseant"]

That WILL happen.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Congratulations on your appointment.

• Keep it simple

• Delegate

• Follow up

Good luck.

By the way, my first match was the one before yours! We stuck 4 past Southend at Carrow Road - 3 in the first 12 minutes as 1 recall.

OTBC

OTBC

[/quote]

Why thank you Bly, much appreciated.

Good luck in your new role Butler. For my money a natural choice to take over from Tilly and as a NCISA member you have my backing.[Y]

[quote user="o"] Let''s be realistic you are either obsessed or sad if you spend a lot of time on any website. [/quote]

I don''t agree David, a lot of people on here pop on here or other websites daily to talk ncfc or just to interact with other people for a variety of reasons, that doesn''t mean we are either obsessed or sad, well I don''t think I am

[quote user="o"] The Butler will make a fine chairman and despite the short period he has had he is already coming out with a lot of good ideas .[/quote]

That’s good, when will they be outlined to the rest of us members?

[quote user="o"]It would be nice if the perennial critics of NCISA actually stopped trying to score points  [/quote]

But you were one of those critics yourself last season when you resigned from the committee after your differences with them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Moving on, you’re obviously a lot more optimistic now and think that a change in leader will re-vitalise the ncisa image. As for me, I’ve decided to buy a medium size bag of  this patience that Butler keeps talks about and will revisit my thoughts at Xmas to see what difference 3 months has made.

"But you were one of those critics yourself last season when you resigned from the committee after your differences with them.!

I agree and I acknowledge that. I wasn''t including you in the perennial critics but more the faceless ones with their constant one line harping.

I think it is right that genuine constructive criticism and helpful suggestions should be taken on board but even the lovely old Nutty and his CIA jibe are unhelpful.

Are we now to have cracks about "waiting" and "service" as we have a butler in charge?

I just think a supporters group would be helpful for the club, and as such would like to see it supported.

Sorry I should have asked these questions at the AGM, but now I''ve had time to think and read the paperwork given to us could I ask about the £244 which was spent on web fees/web design ?

I''m sure that Butler told me that the long delay in the website being finished was due to the fact that the people who designed it and set it up were doing it for free and it would have normally have cost several thousand pounds?

Was the £244 a one off cost or will there be a monthly payment going out to maintain the website?

Also whilst I''m here how many paid up members are there of ncisa please and moving forward with your new ideas/image/plans how many members will you be targeting yourselves to hopefully have at the beginning of next season?

Thankyou.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Sorry I should have asked these questions at the AGM, but now I''ve had time to think and read the paperwork given to us could I ask about the £244 which was spent on web fees/web design ?

I''m sure that Butler told me that the long delay in the website being finished was due to the fact that the people who designed it and set it up were doing it for free and it would have normally have cost several thousand pounds?

Was the £244 a one off cost or will there be a monthly payment going out to maintain the website?

Also whilst I''m here how many paid up members are there of ncisa please and moving forward with your new ideas/image/plans how many members will you be targeting yourselves to hopefully have at the beginning of next season?

Thankyou.

[/quote]

Good morning CA

There is a contact@ncisa.co.uk for any questions.

These will then be answered by whoever they refer to, as not all the committee members use the pinkun.

Morning Butler.

I thought you told me that you pick up all the emails sent on that address anyway which is why it seemed quicker to ask whilst you were logged in on here.

Still, I''ve copied it out and emailed it to you now

CA

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cityangel"]

Thankyou.

[/quote]

Good morning CA

There is a contact@ncisa.co.uk for any questions.

These will then be answered by whoever they refer to, as not all the committee members use the pinkun.

[/quote]Now feels like a good time to wish you good luck in your new role...

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Never has so much been said by so many about so few............What a load of waffle about nothing..... and clearly an indication of what has gone wrong with NCFC in 2010.  Never mind the debt and ownership issues.... just as long as we have enough self important ''jobsworths'' to fill 12 irrelevant positions in a pointless organisation.Stunning.[/quote]

I''m thinking of starting up a Not Interested In NCISA Association, NIINCISAA.

If I can get Cluck on board I only need 10 more people to be commmittee (for YC) members and then we can all have a ''mass debate'' for 17 pages amongst the 12 of us while everybody else watches with increasing levels of incredulity.

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Never has so much been said by so many about so few............

What a load of waffle about nothing..... and clearly an indication of what has gone wrong with NCFC in 2010.  Never mind the debt and ownership issues.... just as long as we have enough self important ''jobsworths'' to fill 12 irrelevant positions in a pointless organisation.

Stunning.
[/quote] I''m thinking of starting up a Not Interested In NCISA Association, NIINCISAA. If I can get Cluck on board I only need 10 more people to be commmittee (for YC) members and then we can all have a ''mass debate'' for 17 pages amongst the 12 of us while everybody else watches with increasing levels of incredulity.[/quote]

What a good idea.Ninys for short (shortfatb)

Then I need not bother to read yours while you need not bother to read ours.

As Mr Chops is fond of saying " no one forces you to read it".

You don''t pay to be on here you don''t pay for the web space, so what is your problem?

If it is club related perhaps joining NCISA may help[:D]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Never has so much been said by so many about so few............

What a load of waffle about nothing..... and clearly an indication of what has gone wrong with NCFC in 2010.  Never mind the debt and ownership issues.... just as long as we have enough self important ''jobsworths'' to fill 12 irrelevant positions in a pointless organisation.

Stunning.
[/quote] I''m thinking of starting up a Not Interested In NCISA Association, NIINCISAA. If I can get Cluck on board I only need 10 more people to be commmittee (for YC) members and then we can all have a ''mass debate'' for 17 pages amongst the 12 of us while everybody else watches with increasing levels of incredulity.[/quote]

You don''t pay to be on here you don''t pay for the web space, so what is your problem?

[/quote]

If I had a club related issue, why would you and the NCISA be able to help?

People who give up their own time for the good of others are to be commended, but the NCISA has always had the whiff of self aggrandaisement for the ''in'' few, for me, like a well meaning Scout group or Re-enactment society with the same people at the helm doing much the same thing everytime but vowing it will give different results, when actually the association itself doesn''t matter at all and is merely there to sustain the lives of the key members of that group.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Never has so much been said by so many about so few............What a load of waffle about nothing..... and clearly an indication of what has gone wrong with NCFC in 2010.  Never mind the debt and ownership issues.... just as long as we have enough self important ''jobsworths'' to fill 12 irrelevant positions in a pointless organisation.Stunning.[/quote] I''m thinking of starting up a Not Interested In NCISA Association, NIINCISAA. If I can get Cluck on board I only need 10 more people to be commmittee (for YC) members and then we can all have a ''mass debate'' for 17 pages amongst the 12 of us while everybody else watches with increasing levels of incredulity.[/quote]

[/quote]Please don''t take this the wrong way, Butler, but Tilly seemed to spend a lot of time arguing with various internet personas and the fact is, it''s not a winnable argument and your time would most likely be better spent elsewhere.  Appointing a committee member to the post of "Committee Member Responsible for City Angel Liaison" would also be a prudent move in terms of managing workload, but one win at a time and all that.

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Never has so much been said by so many about so few............What a load of waffle about nothing..... and clearly an indication of what has gone wrong with NCFC in 2010.  Never mind the debt and ownership issues.... just as long as we have enough self important ''jobsworths'' to fill 12 irrelevant positions in a pointless organisation.Stunning.[/quote]

I''m thinking of starting up a Not Interested In NCISA Association, NIINCISAA.

If I can get Cluck on board I only need 10 more people to be commmittee (for YC) members and then we can all have a ''mass debate'' for 17 pages amongst the 12 of us while everybody else watches with increasing levels of incredulity.[/quote]

I am very happy to join your NIINCISAA......  although we could not even begin to match the NCISA when it comes to mass debating.It is almost as bizarre as my imaginary PURIST group.... except that it was a theoretical bunch of tossers seeking self importance and superior status. This lot appear to be the real thing!