Sign in to follow this  
The Butler

A Message from NCISA

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Well, I reckon it''s all a conspiracy.

Muddy the waters so enough get bored stiff and can''t bother.

Then ''appoint'' or ''select'' but don''t ''elect''. 

But thinking of it another way they''re in good company as our good prime minister is selected then appointed - until, of course the night of the long knives after which ...........and so on.

I think I prefer the presidential system where leaders put themselves forward and are directly elected. But to achieve this will require the selection and appointment of a chairman with reforming zeal. Hmm.

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Ever heard of concensus - the "new" way.  You all sit around quaffing and niggling each other for ages and then someone emerges who is more enthusiastic than most and all agree "it shall be you", before they leave the room and start to bitch behind that persons back.

Loking forward to reading the reports on here Friday.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]You haven''t said whether you want that nude photo of me yet.......

[/quote]

[/quote]Well thank you very much Nutless!  That''s my burgeoning glamour modelling career blown good and proper..............Having said that though...... I''ve got a nice one tucked away with an impressive semi if anyone is interested.......

I have to join in again with the discussion, sorry!

Firstly to agree with Smudger in that once again NCISA''s care to not speak out too hastily and risk upsetting apple carts (as I have been part of in the past) actually does the reverse and stirs up all sort of questions that aren''t answered and therefore makes a mountain out of something even smaller than a molehill.

Secondly I have to agree with Ankles, Jez and also Butlet and Smudger in that John was saying that he would be standing down after a year which means that it was slightly unclear as to the exact timing. He also certainly said that he would stay on the committee if required at that time, which I gather from the above is not now the case.

I am assuming that unfortunate events have led to an immediate decision and as such none of us can criticise anyone for the timing. However it would seem that somebody (and inevitably from the existing committee) needs to come forward and act strongly and decisively as Acting Chair (in the same way that John himself took the role) and drag NCISA into a new era with a proper election in due course.

If the constitution allows then a postal vote in say six months time or if not a vote at the next AGM.

I would think a resigning chairman is not sufficient grounds for an EGM (usually only the whole committee resigning is grounds - or is that intended?)

The sum of the parts of this thread is less than the whole, and the whole is Much Ado About Nothing. Shakespeare knew how to put together an entertaining tale and, for his play, he had a constable to sort things out. The only constable NCISA has is resigning so who on earth will they turn to?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]who on earth will they turn to........

[/quote]Who can they turn to when nobody needs them?
Their heart wants to know and so they must go where destiny leads them
With no star to guide them and no one beside them
They''ll go on their way and, after the day, the darkness will hide them

And maybe tomorrow they''ll find what they''re after
They''ll throw off their sorrow, beg, steal, or borrow their share of laughter
With you they could learn to, with you what a new day
But who can they turn to if you turn away?

[:D]

[quote user="The Butler"]What a great thought CA

All committee members who are there, stand up so the entire room can see who they are voting for,or not, as the case might be as has been done every year!

.[:D][/quote]

I dont want them to stand up just to see who they are Butler, I want them to stand up and tell us what they do on the committee, do they attend most of the monthly ncisa planning meetings , are they technically competent so they can respond in threads like this, how do they see the future of ncisa and what part do they intend to play.

Agree with Lappin that 45 mins doesn''t sound long enough  to allow for minutes from last AGM, financial reports, committee reports, re-election of officers, discussion / proposal / vote on new chairman and finally, a Q&A with ncisa members to discuss plans for the future ???

Tangy that''s a distraction which is what the likes of Bly will happily accuse NCISA of. CA wants you to talk about yourselves and your skills and experience.

Whilst the pen pictures on the website are interesting they don''t say how you feel on issues or what experience you bring to the discussion.

Without naming names it would be useful to hear how one member has been involved in the youth set up, another say has analysed the accounts over the years and studied various business deals, maybe a third has brought 50 years of watching City, maybe someone has experience of fund raising and membership drives .....

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]You haven''t said whether you want that nude photo of me yet.......

[/quote]

[/quote]Well thank you very much Nutless!  That''s my burgeoning glamour modelling career blown good and proper..............Having said that though...... I''ve got a nice one tucked away with an impressive semi if anyone is interested.......[/quote]I forgot to mention that I am an estate agent these days........

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Just out of interest how are you defining technically competent?[/quote]

Able to use a pc which means thay can reply to emails, reply to posts re ncisa, help Butler to keep the website updated, reply to comments from members in the members section.

[quote user="face"]Tangy that''s a distraction which is what the likes of Bly will happily accuse NCISA of. CA wants you to talk about yourselves and your skills and experience. Whilst the pen pictures on the website are interesting they don''t say how you feel on issues or what experience you bring to the discussion. Without naming names it would be useful to hear how one member has been involved in the youth set up, another say has analysed the accounts over the years and studied various business deals, maybe a third has brought 50 years of watching City, maybe someone has experience of fund raising and membership drives .....[/quote]

Thats exactly what I meant [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Able to use a pc which means thay can reply to emails, reply to posts re ncisa, help Butler to keep the website updated, reply to comments from members in the members section.

[quote user="face"]Tangy that''s a distraction which is what the likes of Bly will happily accuse NCISA of. CA wants you to talk about yourselves and your skills and experience. Whilst the pen pictures on the website are interesting they don''t say how you feel on issues or what experience you bring to the discussion. Without naming names it would be useful to hear how one member has been involved in the youth set up, another say has analysed the accounts over the years and studied various business deals, maybe a third has brought 50 years of watching City, maybe someone has experience of fund raising and membership drives .....[/quote]

[/quote]

Let me say again CA please be patient.

Johns resignation only happened Thursday night.

Just about every committee member works for a living so getting news round collecting thoughts and ideas takes time.

Everyone is an unpaid volunteer ,so you want to do formal interviews! Well maybe you have a lot of spare time on your hands![:D]

So sometimes replies need time.

A lot of my time these days is spent on a computer so replying (some times for me) is quicker than say someone who drives for a living.

By the way Aunty Marge is back from hols with some more answers to pertinent questions.(please note Bly)

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="The Butler"]What a great thought CA

All committee members who are there, stand up so the entire room can see who they are voting for,or not, as the case might be as has been done every year!

.[:D][/quote]

I dont want them to stand up just to see who they are Butler, I want them to stand up and tell us what they do on the committee, do they attend most of the monthly ncisa planning meetings , are they technically competent so they can respond in threads like this, how do they see the future of ncisa and what part do they intend to play.

Agree with Lappin that 45 mins doesn''t sound long enough  to allow for minutes from last AGM, financial reports, committee reports, re-election of officers, discussion / proposal / vote on new chairman and finally, a Q&A with ncisa members to discuss plans for the future ???

[/quote]

It''s that phantom Agenda again.

How quickly someones invention becomes fact.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Let me say again CA please be patient.

Johns resignation only happened Thursday night.

Just about every committee member works for a living so getting news round collecting thoughts and ideas takes time.

Everyone is an unpaid volunteer ,so you want to do formal interviews! Well maybe you have a lot of spare time on your hands![:D]

So sometimes replies need time.

A lot of my time these days is spent on a computer so replying (some times for me) is quicker than say someone who drives for a living.

By the way Aunty Marge is back from hols with some more answers to pertinent questions.(please note Bly)

[/quote]

Oh goody, I do hope she enjoyed herself. Does she have time for nutty''s problems now then? They''re quite urgent.

OTBC

Just like to say well done to The Butler on answering a lot of questions that have been flying at him over the past few weeks.I think what people need to remember is not all committee members post or even read this site. The world of NCFC is not centred around the PU.Personally i have not been on the forum much over the last week due to quite simply not having enough time due to work and other commitments.I think what is good, is the interest and passion that has been stoked up on this thread showing NCISA really do/can play a part in representing the clubs supporters. Tilly did a fantastic job and like someone said it will be like "the bill without Burnside", but a new era beckons and personally for me i think its exciting.A new site has been launched which has helped bring the organisation in to the 21st century. But change doesnt happen over night but we are trying to move in the right direction. As a new commitee member, i wanted to join to really make a difference and represent the "younger" fans that i believed were not represented on the commitee. Have i succeeded in leaving my mark? Not yet, but NCISA are now moving in the right direction.I have not addressed any questions that have been flying around as i believe The Butler has and i will say it once again done a great job. If anyone wants to ask me something, feel free but at present, time is quite tight, but i hope to meet many of you at the AGM tomorrow and share opinions.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

I think what people need to remember is not all committee members post or even read this site.

[/quote]

But shouldn''t they be, baring in mind that this is the only website where members regulary discuss ncisa, ask questions about ncisa or get information from you guys about ncisa?

[quote user="cityangel"]

I think what people need to remember is not all committee members post or even read this site.

[/quote]

But shouldn''t they be, baring in mind that this is the only website where members regulary discuss ncisa, ask questions about ncisa or get information from you guys about ncisa?

[/quote]

With the exception of Claire and Roy I think all have posted at some stage.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I think what people need to remember is not all committee members post or even read this site. [/quote]

[/quote]Is it the only one? Thats not a dig, i am just being curious as i never really look at others...What about those that aren''t interested in the web? What about those that dont want to post on here? Lets be fair, half of the stuff posted about Tilly and NCISA on here has not been worth reading as it all gets side tracked and off topic.Personally i believe that in time, these types of discussion should be taking place on the NCISA site.

"Personally i believe that in time, these types of discussion should be taking place on the NCISA site."

Two points:

1. The old NCISA site ran a message board for 6 months without a single post from non-committee members.

2. Even if people post on there (look at the activity over the last five years of ALL sites past and present and the activity is miniscule) NCISA needs to reach supporters that don''t know about them or their website.

Its old ground but you have to get out amongst fans wherever they are, as Jehovah''s Witnesses or LibDem canvassers do.

[quote user="o"]"Personally i believe that in time, these types of discussion should be taking place on the NCISA site." Two points: 1. The old NCISA site ran a message board for 6 months without a single post from non-committee members. 2. Even if people post on there (look at the activity over the last five years of ALL sites past and present and the activity is miniscule) NCISA needs to reach supporters that don''t know about them or their website. Its old ground but you have to get out amongst fans wherever they are, as Jehovah''s Witnesses or LibDem canvassers do.[/quote]

That''s hitting below the belt a bit!![:D]

Fully agree face, no stone should be unturned no avenue left unchecked.(turn over a stone and you could find a Smudger and he joined)

Now how many are there of us so how much help are we going to have to call on.

YOUR NCISA NEEDS YOU

Ok Joke over, that''s what we have started trying to do. First we must get rid of the old image then move forward the new website was just a start.

Is it the only one? Thats not a dig, i am just being curious as i never really look at others...

Personally i believe that in time, these types of discussion should be taking place on the NCISA site.
[/quote]

There''s not many ncfc only sites around nowadays( wotb, carrowrd, vital ) but they are all much smaller compared to this one plus the pinkun is where you guys make all your announcements about ncisa so thats where the ncisa conversations tend take place.

I also agree with you these type of discussions should take place on the ncisa website in future.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Is it the only one? Thats not a dig, i am just being curious as i never really look at others...

Personally i believe that in time, these types of discussion should be taking place on the NCISA site.
[/quote]

There''s not many ncfc only sites around nowadays( wotb, carrowrd, vital ) but they are all much smaller compared to this one plus the pinkun is where you guys make all your announcements about ncisa so thats where the ncisa conversations tend take place.

I also agree with you these type of discussions should take place on the ncisa website in future.

[/quote]

Chicken and egg CA

In time people will learn to check our site until then the Pinkun is a starting point.

In answer to your next question, after christmas/new year.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Is it the only one? Thats not a dig, i am just being curious as i never really look at others...

Personally i believe that in time, these types of discussion should be taking place on the NCISA site.[/quote]

[/quote]

Chicken and egg CA

In time people will learn to check our site until then the Pinkun is a starting point.

In answer to your next question, after christmas/new year.

[/quote]We have laid the foundations of revamping the site, now it is up to us as a commitee to raise awareness and increase traffic to the site. Canary Squares, tackles/passes/goals,canary challenge are all things that have already influenced an increase in visitors to the site and IMO a forum would generate even more.

Seems to me that most of the comments, including constructive comments on this thread have come from the NCISA Committee members. May the meeting with McNally tackle some of the important matters that concern fans.

[quote user="GMF"]So who is the NCISA chairman, or should that be Chairperson, now?[/quote]

It was announced that Butler is now the acting chairman, and I understand that he will become chairman once they''ve been through the formalities plus the existing committee are all going to continue in their roles.

It was a very short AGM which started at 7.35pm and was over in 30 mins. There was then  about 15 mins for comments/questions where a few people started discussing ticket prices/food prices/other concerns re the club which they were going to ask McNally & co, a 10 min break then the fans forum started at 8.30pm

I was disappointed because I was under the impression ( which is why I made the 90 min round trip just for the AGM, ) that we were going to hear some detail about, how they were going to change the image of ncisa , their plans to move it forward , plans for their new website, their recruitment plans, when the website will be able to accomodate some kind of forum for members to use instead of the pinkun, but none of that was mentioned. Presume though that will all be discussed with their members at some stage when they have decided on a course of action.

Only 50 people from 450 ish  paid up members turned up for the AGM and that included 10 committee members and 2 journalists from the EDP which I guess tells its only story of the interest in ncisa at the moment.( About another 10 people turned up at the end of the ncisa meeting just for the McNally forum )

Anyway Butler & Co will be relieved to know that I won''t be asking any more questions about ncisa and its plans  because although they keep saying things are going to change dramatically for the better and that we need to be patient with them but I''m not convinced. In my opinion interest in ncisa seems to be steadily waning ( how many would have turned up if McNally and Co hadnt of been coming after their AGM), maybe its because everything at the club is going well or maybe its because fans feel that there''s no need for an independant supporters association anymore and concerns with the club can be dealt with directly,

I don''t know but think they have a big job on their hands to increase their membership to a reasonable figure and to change people''s perception of them and what they do, thats my opinion for what its worth. 

P.S.There was one highlight of the evening which was sitting next to the handsome Beauseant for 45 mins [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="GMF"]So who is the NCISA chairman, or should that be Chairperson, now?[/quote]

It was announced that Butler is now the acting chairman, and I understand that he will become chairman once they''ve been through the formalities plus the existing committee are all going to continue in their roles.

It was a very short AGM which started at 7.35pm and was over in 30 mins. There was then  about 15 mins for comments/questions where a few people started discussing ticket prices/food prices/other concerns re the club which they were going to ask McNally & co, a 10 min break then the fans forum started at 8.30pm

I was disappointed because I was under the impression ( which is why I made the 90 min round trip just for the AGM, ) that we were going to hear some detail about, how they were going to change the image of ncisa , their plans to move it forward , plans for their new website, their recruitment plans, when the website will be able to accomodate some kind of forum for members to use instead of the pinkun, but none of that was mentioned. Presume though that will all be discussed with their members at some stage when they have decided on a course of action.

Only 50 people from 450 ish  paid up members turned up for the AGM and that included 10 committee members and 2 journalists from the EDP which I guess tells its only story of the interest in ncisa at the moment.( About another 10 people turned up at the end of the ncisa meeting just for the McNally forum )

Anyway Butler & Co will be relieved to know that I won''t be asking any more questions about ncisa and its plans  because although they keep saying things are going to change dramatically for the better and that we need to be patient with them but I''m not convinced. In my opinion interest in ncisa seems to be steadily waning ( how many would have turned up if McNally and Co hadnt of been coming after their AGM), maybe its because everything at the club is going well or maybe its because fans feel that there''s no need for an independant supporters association anymore and concerns with the club can be dealt with directly,

I don''t know but think they have a big job on their hands to increase their membership to a reasonable figure and to change people''s perception of them and what they do, thats my opinion for what its worth. 

P.S.There was one highlight of the evening which was sitting next to the handsome Beauseant for 45 mins [:)]

[/quote]

HIGHlight? Was he sat on a tall bar-stool on a booster cushion - which in turn, was on top of a milk-crate? [:O]