Sign in to follow this  
The Butler

A Message from NCISA

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="face"]Smudger an excellent post and probably the single tribute that John will cherish most as it comes from someone prepared to stand up to him in the past and be critical. Hence it is heartfelt (and deserved) praise. As for your suggestions as a new chair I think that you have highlighted qualities that would be required and the names you put forward do have some qualities in line with them. However I think that there are other aspects that need to be considered as well: 1. Prepared to chair routine meetings on a regular basis. 2. Willing to be rung by the media at inopportune moments. 3. Enthusiasm and energy to recruit members 4. Willing to give up leisure time for open days etc. 5. Money to finance all those phone calls, petrol, rounds of drinks. It is the mundane like the above that have to be covered as well as the public meetings and invites to Colney. It is those tasks that seperate the glory hunters from the succesful chairmen. Personally I feel that not all your candidates may be able to do all those, as indeed many interested parties might not be able to fill the shoes that well. It is a shame if non of the current committee feel able to take it on, and perhaps a sign of how onerous the task is.[/quote]I agree on all of those tasks you mention that would prevent many from taking on the role :o)I have been told off for upsetting people yet again, so best I hold my piece now until Thursday night at least.I hope that I haven''t upset Tilly too, as like him I do tend to shoot from the hip a bit.  I have been told that peoples concerns will be answered on Thursday night.  Why The Butler could not just have said this and no more right at the top of the thread god only knows?  It is just my opinion, but I believe that it is those kind of amateurish mistakes that cause a storm in a tea cup (like this thread) and prevent many prospective new members from registering their interest of joining NCISA.Maybe I''m wrong, but I''m just calling things the way I see it.  I''m not saying these things to wind up any certain individuals.  I''m saying it because I hope that they will listen to the advice that I have given to make NCISA bigger, better and stronger in the future.[/quote]

I assume the one you have the information from is your brother a committee member.

Perhaps he could share his knowledge with all of us.

Again Smudger like a lot of what you write you speak without true knowledge and very little thought.

Look forward to seeing you on Thursday night, when no doubt you will be able to, in your enimatable style, shed light on our darkness

[/quote]Whatever you say Mr Butler Sir, after all isn''t that the NCISA way?Who said that I was going to be there on Thursday night?  Like so many others, I may just decide that I am wasting my time???It appears to be a consistent theme with NCISA that they struggle to handle any criticism - even when that criticism is given to help them open up more to prospective new members and attract them to the organisation, instead of alienating them.  I thought after all that this was NCISA''s new number one aim?

>It appears to be a consistent theme with NCISA that they struggle to handle any criticism - even when that criticism is given to help them open up more to prospective new members and attract them to the organisation, instead of alienating them.

Nail. Head.

Don''t often say that about Smudger''s posts.

[quote user="Metatron"]>It appears to be a consistent theme with NCISA that they struggle to handle any criticism - even when that criticism is given to help them open up more to prospective new members and attract them to the organisation, instead of alienating them. Nail. Head. Don''t often say that about Smudger''s posts.[/quote]

Accepted Metatron BUT when someone posts the gyst of a private confidential conversation on a public forum he needs his nadgers seen to.(That converastion was also inaccurate)

Only my very humble opinion by the way.

I''m impressed that Smudger cares enough to bother. As an outsider it seems like some irrelevant occasion between members of a bickering family that I don''t know, nor care to know.How Many NCISA members are there and do they believe that this tawdry bunch represent them or their feelings about the club, whether in crisis or when being moderately successful as they are now?

Just a thought but after the AGM could we have a quick ''''introduce yourself'''' session of all your committee members as I''m sure a lot of members have''nt got a clue who some of them are or what part they play in ncisa? Also will there be an opportunity for us members to ask questions about ncisa ''s plans or will one of you be outlining that all to us on the night?

Pink''un......The annexe to the NCISA website....

Oh yes it is.....

Anyway, good luck to Mr Tilson.....and the best of luck, to whoever becomes his replacement....

They''ll also require the thick skin of a Rhino''s hide.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Pink''un......The annexe to the NCISA website....

Oh yes it is.....

Anyway, good luck to Mr Tilson.....and the best of luck, to whoever becomes his replacement....

They''ll also require the thick skin of a Rhino''s hide.

[/quote]I hope it''s a woman from London.........Just imagine.............................................................

[quote user="yellow hammer"]Smudger gets it right more times than not. It usually takes time (in some cases a lot of time) before others see it too.[/quote]

Whatever you are on send me some[:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Just a thought but after the AGM could we have a quick ''''introduce yourself'''' session of all your committee members as I''m sure a lot of members have''nt got a clue who some of them are or what part they play in ncisa? Also will there be an opportunity for us members to ask questions about ncisa ''s plans or will one of you be outlining that all to us on the night?

[/quote]

What a great thought CA

All committee members who are there, stand up so the entire room can see who they are voting for,or not, as the case might be as has been done every year!

Whoever the new chairperson is, will no doubt, be putting their manifesto forward for all members to see.

As a new chairperson has NOT been appointed yet , I will say again, be patient.

Questions are always welcome.[:D]

[quote user="The Butler"]Whoever the new chairperson is, will no doubt, be putting their manifesto forward for all members to see.

Questions are always welcome.[:D[/quote]That does suggest a new chairman has already been selected Buttles.

An observation from an outsiders point of view............

The AGM starts at 7.30 and the Q&A with Bowkett and McNally at approx. 8.15. Forty-five minutes seems little time to allow for minutes from last AGM, financial reports, committee reports, re-election of officers, discussion / proposal / vote on new chairman and finally, a Q&A with members to discuss plans for the future.

Just a point worthy of mentioning, Mr Tilson advised me 12months ago he had every intention of stepping down this year.

I made mention of that remark a few weeks ago (before this thread existed)on another thread & Butler accused me of being an annualize troll with nothing better to do

So to say no-one was aware that John was "hanging his boots up" until very recently is very hard to swallow, if he told me over a pint at my first face to face i believe he would have mentioned it at least in parting (even if he move to an on the fence status about decision) to the guys it would be effecting directly

i.e. NCISA committee members

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]I can 2nd the above as I was present....[/quote]

He actually said this year did he?

That''s interesting and was Kathy there?

Because she didn''t know either.

Still we were only committee members working with him, why should we know!!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"]Whoever the new chairperson is, will no doubt, be putting their manifesto forward for all members to see.

Questions are always welcome.[:D[/quote]That does suggest a new chairman has already been selected Buttles.

An observation from an outsiders point of view............

The AGM starts at 7.30 and the Q&A with Bowkett and McNally at approx. 8.15. Forty-five minutes seems little time to allow for minutes from last AGM, financial reports, committee reports, re-election of officers, discussion / proposal / vote on new chairman and finally, a Q&A with members to discuss plans for the future.

[/quote]

No it doesn''t Lapp it just means what it says and was a reply to a question from CA.

Do stop trying to sniff up clues like a bloodhound  that you are not .

What new chairman vote? There has to be someone to vote for.

Have you seen an agenda Lapp, if so please let me have a copy.

It really does surprise me how all these non members have more information than the committee members who are sorting it out.

Still it''s maintaining and interest and as they say "there is no such thing as bad publicity"

Well, I reckon it''s all a conspiracy.

Muddy the waters so enough get bored stiff and can''t bother.

Then ''appoint'' or ''select'' but don''t ''elect''. 

But thinking of it another way they''re in good company as our good prime minister is selected then appointed - until, of course the night of the long knives after which ...........and so on.

I think I prefer the presidential system where leaders put themselves forward and are directly elected. But to achieve this will require the selection and appointment of a chairman with reforming zeal. Hmm.

[;)]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

But thinking of it another way they''re in good company as our good prime minister is selected then appointed - until, of course the night of the long knives after which ...........and so on.

I think I prefer the presidential system where leaders put themselves forward and are directly elected. But to achieve this will require the selection and appointment of a chairman with reforming zeal. Hmm.

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

And someone who has a vote!!

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]I can 2nd the above as I was present....[/quote]

[/quote]

Loose cannons.....

[B]

OTBC

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

And someone who has a vote!!

[/quote]

But you do, so why not go for it............

Unless, of course, you''re a clucker? Cluck, cluck.

[;)]

OTBC

I didn''t know that I had signed a secrecy act on Saturday?

I said that I wouldn''t broadcast what was behind Tilly''s decision to resign and as far as I''m aware I have not done so.

I am aware that Tilly intended to step down, but unlike most others on here (committee members excluded), I am also aware that Tilly is 59yrs old, not 60 and that he intended to step down next year.

I am also aware that when rumours are not swiftly knocked on the head, then it comes across as bad PR for any organisation. Especially one dealing with football fans and whose wish to recruit new members is a top priority.

The Butler started this thread off nicely - he just needed to add that all questions would be answered at Thursday''s AGM and that if necessary an EGM would be called to find a solution to this unexpected news.

Instead questions have been asked, followed by more questions and it appears that nobody on the NCISA committee can accept the damage that such poor PR could do to their main objective of bringing fresh blood on board.

It''s all too easy to blame a current member as a trouble maker so it seems than to accept that the all mighty NCISA committee may have got something slightly wrong.

I really can''t understand why some of U are getting your knickers in a twist? It''s just further proof to me of how much of a struggle it will be to find a tough enough character to step in to Tilly''s shoes.

[/quote]

Yes Butler....this is what he said.

Kathy was present...

I don''t think that anyone would suggest that change is not required. This thread has rumbled on for far too long with the result that some of those who are entrenched in a certain view of NCISA feel vindicated, and some NCISA members, myself included, have been pretty defensive of the organisation, and perhaps, on occasions,excessively so, which further fuels the conspiracy theorists.

Ultimately, everyone on this forum (with one or two possible exceptions [;)]) are City fans, a constituency that NCISA is there to represent. Whatever has happened in the past, there is now an opportunity to move forward and make a fresh start. I believe strongly that an independent supporters group is important, but also that it mustn''t allow itself to be seen as a closed shop, and I appreciate that some non members see it as such currently. I''m sure that all would agree that if NCISA doesn''t represent its members it has no raison d''etre, but equally there is no point in sitting outside the organisation taking potshots based on limited information. The more people who join and are prepared to state their views, the quicker things can change, so hopefully we will see a good turnout tomorrow evening.

[quote user="Smudger"]I didn''t know that I had signed a secrecy act on Saturday? I said that I wouldn''t broadcast what was behind Tilly''s decision to resign and as far as I''m aware I have not done so. I am aware that Tilly intended to step down, but unlike most others on here (committee members excluded), I am also aware that Tilly is 59yrs old, not 60 and that he intended to step down next year. I am also aware that when rumours are not swiftly knocked on the head, then it comes across as bad PR for any organisation. Especially one dealing with football fans and whose wish to recruit new members is a top priority. The Butler started this thread off nicely - he just needed to add that all questions would be answered at Thursday''s AGM and that if necessary an EGM would be called to find a solution to this unexpected news. Instead questions have been asked, followed by more questions and it appears that nobody on the NCISA committee can accept the damage that such poor PR could do to their main objective of bringing fresh blood on board. It''s all too easy to blame a current member as a trouble maker so it seems than to accept that the all mighty NCISA committee may have got something slightly wrong. I really can''t understand why some of U are getting your knickers in a twist? It''s just further proof to me of how much of a struggle it will be to find a tough enough character to step in to Tilly''s shoes.[/quote]

No body has there "knickers in a twist" Smudger

If I had said "all questions would be answered on Thursday" the next question would have been what questions/why?

This board is a fund of mostly irrelevant questions. Relevant ones have or will be answered.

You obviously don''t like the fact that Tangy has pointed out you have broken a confidence and I gather your brother is not to pleased either!

So along with everyone else you will have to wait and give the committe time to sort things out. 

Oh thanks for backing me up on Tillys timing.

Now you can go back to saying how crappy Simon Lappin is![:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]I didn''t know that I had signed a secrecy act on Saturday? I said that I wouldn''t broadcast what was behind Tilly''s decision to resign and as far as I''m aware I have not done so. I am aware that Tilly intended to step down, but unlike most others on here (committee members excluded), I am also aware that Tilly is 59yrs old, not 60 and that he intended to step down next year. I am also aware that when rumours are not swiftly knocked on the head, then it comes across as bad PR for any organisation. Especially one dealing with football fans and whose wish to recruit new members is a top priority. The Butler started this thread off nicely - he just needed to add that all questions would be answered at Thursday''s AGM and that if necessary an EGM would be called to find a solution to this unexpected news. Instead questions have been asked, followed by more questions and it appears that nobody on the NCISA committee can accept the damage that such poor PR could do to their main objective of bringing fresh blood on board. It''s all too easy to blame a current member as a trouble maker so it seems than to accept that the all mighty NCISA committee may have got something slightly wrong. I really can''t understand why some of U are getting your knickers in a twist? It''s just further proof to me of how much of a struggle it will be to find a tough enough character to step in to Tilly''s shoes.[/quote]

No body has there "knickers in a twist" Smudger

If I had said "all questions would be answered on Thursday" the next question would have been what questions/why?

This board is a fund of mostly irrelevant questions. Relevant ones have or will be answered.

You obviously don''t like the fact that Tangy has pointed out you have broken a confidence and I gather your brother is not to pleased either!

So along with everyone else you will have to wait and give the committe time to sort things out. 

Oh thanks for backing me up on Tillys timing.

Now you can go back to saying how crappy Simon Lappin is![:D]

[/quote]You haven''t said whether you want that nude photo of me yet.......

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="The Butler"]Relevant ones have or will be answered.[/quote]You haven''t said whether you want that nude photo of me yet.......[/quote]Highlighted in pink...........hmmm!

He would have to pluck you to see you nude..........

A plucked Cluck. Yuk! [+o(]

If a Chairman resigns from any organisation in mid-term an acting Chair normally takes over until a new Chair can be elected. It appears that this resignation has come just before an AGM and it will depend on the constitution of that organisation if there is the required time for nominations to be submitted.