Sign in to follow this  
The Butler

A Message from NCISA

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Oi im in my peak! 28!

[/quote]

I wasn''t far out then [:)] You must be the baby of the group [:)]

Butler - Patience and Women don''t go hand in hand [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]I didnt mean to imply that anyone over 45 is past it ( as I am myself)[/quote]You don''t look past it CA........[;)]

Firstly I would like to express my thanks to Tilly. He''s done a job that often goes without thanks and whether I agree with what he has done or not there''s no doubting he''s put a lot of hard work in over the years.

However I do find it amusing that an organisation that claims to be Democratic is installing their new leader via a means that is far from Democratic. Did Tilly act like Fidel Castro and appoint his successor or have the committee already decided who they will install as their new leader as it seems that the rank and file won''t be getting a vote?

I can see why you have done it. You obviously want to put the best person for the role and it to be someone you can work with. However as a prospective member who has been thinking if NCISA deserves my £5 over my local it''s worrying when someone claims something and then doesn''t follow it through or does the opposite. This kind of thing always makes me wonder if they can do this what else might they do. I''m a cynic and make no apologies for it.

Davo

Farewell John - good luck for the future

Can someone from the association change

''Division One'' to ''League One'' trophy on your website. It''s quite frankly embarrasing that a leading supporters association can''t get this right.

Again though best of luck to John Tilson.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"]Lol Cluck, you really are a silly one. And such a blatant troll.[:)][/quote]

Then pray tell me what would happen if this group were disbanded tomorrow?  Also what concrete evidence do you have they have played any serious part in making the club better?Nothing ''trollistic'' about my comments..... rather it''s simply your inability to understand an alternative view. The phrase ''sheep-like'' wasn''t plucked out of thin air you know.

[/quote]Nothing would happen, life would go on and Norwich City would carry on as if nothing had happened. We actually have no need whatsoever for the NCISA. But the fact is that these good people are willing to give up their time, for no remuneration whatsoever to give the fans a voice when they need it.It really is that simple. No conspiracies, no power trips, no scandal. And people who sit behind the screen and criticise actually had anything about them, then they would offer their services, rather than just gripe.[:)][/quote]There you go then..... end of.It''s like having buttons on your forehead...... why?

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"]Lol Cluck, you really are a silly one. And such a blatant troll.[:)][/quote]

Then pray tell me what would happen if this group were disbanded tomorrow?  Also what concrete evidence do you have they have played any serious part in making the club better?Nothing ''trollistic'' about my comments..... rather it''s simply your inability to understand an alternative view. The phrase ''sheep-like'' wasn''t plucked out of thin air you know.

[/quote]Nothing would happen, life would go on and Norwich City would carry on as if nothing had happened. We actually have no need whatsoever for the NCISA. But the fact is that these good people are willing to give up their time, for no remuneration whatsoever to give the fans a voice when they need it.It really is that simple. No conspiracies, no power trips, no scandal. And people who sit behind the screen and criticise actually had anything about them, then they would offer their services, rather than just gripe.[:)][/quote]There you go then..... end of.It''s like having buttons on your forehead...... why?[/quote]Ah, selective bold type quotage, clearly a winning tactic.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"]Lol Cluck, you really are a silly one. And such a blatant troll.[:)][/quote]

[/quote]Nothing would happen, life would go on and Norwich City would carry on as if nothing had happened. We actually have no need whatsoever for the NCISA. But the fact is that these good people are willing to give up their time, for no remuneration whatsoever to give the fans a voice when they need it.It really is that simple. No conspiracies, no power trips, no scandal. And people who sit behind the screen and criticise actually had anything about them, then they would offer their services, rather than just gripe.[:)][/quote]There you go then..... end of.It''s like having buttons on your forehead...... why?[/quote]Ah, selective bold type quotage, clearly a winning tactic.[:)][/quote]

This works just as well...........

Davo makes a good point.

It seems from Butler''s replies that the committee will simply anoint a successor from amongst their number, ask for a seconder and that''s that for another year.

As Davo says, I can see why you might do that but it could also be the reason why no nominations have been received.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Farewell John - good luck for the future Can someone from the association change ''Division One'' to ''League One'' trophy on your website. It''s quite frankly embarrasing that a leading supporters association can''t get this right. Again though best of luck to John Tilson.[/quote]

I have just removed the sackcloth and ashes long enough to correct MY mistake

I am so sorry to have embarrased you!

Fitting in replying to this thread,answering telephone,altering the website,helping with the AGM agenda, oh and hiding the evidence so that the CIA don''t find how Tilly was assasinated and doing the work I am actualy paid for, I made a mistake[:''(][:''(]

And there are people posting on this website wondering why there is no volunteers!

[quote user="o"]and hopefully buying the flowers and booking the meal ...[/quote]

Already organised thank you face.

I am still hunting for the ultimate answer to life the universe and everything but 42 years of marriage gets you VERY close[:D]

cheers Butler....I know it seems petty but I don''t want that lot down the road thinking we are all inept fools (not saying you are, everyone is entitled to make mistakes!)

Amazing that we have so many pages on NCISA events.

How many more comments would there be if we are up there challenging for a move to the top league come Easter next year?

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="o"]and hopefully buying the flowers and booking the meal ...[/quote]

Already organised thank you face.

I am still hunting for the ultimate answer to life the universe and everything but 42 years of marriage gets you VERY close[:D]

[/quote]I have to say you are dealing with flack extremely well Butler.....Would you like a signed photograph of me naked for personal use? 

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]

I have to say you are dealing with flack extremely well Butler.....

[/quote]

Have you buried all the other 11 committee members in the dungeon Butler as you do seem to be taking all the flack on your own, admirably I will say  [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]

I have to say you are dealing with flack extremely well Butler.....

[/quote]

Have you buried all the other 11 committee members in the dungeon Butler as you do seem to be taking all the flack on your own, admirably I will say  [:D]

[/quote]

I am above ground and working on something for NCISA despite along list of other things to do.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Whether it''s local protest groups .... residents associations.... neighbourhood watch groups ..... blah de blah, there are always those that feel the need to speak for others. This little group get the kudos of rubbing shoulders with their in-club ''betters'' ..... but basically do sod all other than preen.I suspect no one would have seen any difference in the club''s past had they not existed..... and will see no difference in the future. Deadwood.[/quote]

Dont forget NCISA have facilitated public meetings such as the one during the summer of 2009.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]I am above ground and working on something for NCISA despite along list of other things to do.[/quote]Have you put your name forward yet Tangy?

Was thinking wouldn''t someone like Andy Larkin have made a good chairman, he spoke well at St Andrews Hall and has always played his part in the forums with very tough questions for the board.

Is he still around?

Blimey, aren''t some of the conspiracy theories goiug around on here hilarious?  Equally funny are the Butlers and Can U Sit Down Please''s failure to respond to peoples concerns in the appropriate manner for a committee member.  Still I suppose that at least they have made an effort to respond, unlike the other 8 or 9 members!Surely one of the first things the new NCISA would have to do is get somebody who is at least a bit PR Savvy on board?  How many times do we see the organisation fail to respond in a timely manner to fans concerns?  If it takes recruiting and paying for the right kind of indivdual to do this then I would''ve thought this would be a necessary step to take?I first met John Tilson a few years ago and have always taken an interest in what NCISA have been doing.  Sometimes I have been supportive of the stance that NCISA have chosen to take on certain issues.  Other times I have spoken out against the way in which they appear to run things from either a members perspective, or a supporter who may be showing a possible interest in what NCISA do with a view to  becoming a member.I think that John has been a well spoken and witty Chairman who puts on a good public face at the AGM''s and St Andrews Hall type meetings in times of turmoil at the club.I was travelling to the game with two NCISA Committee members on Saturday and have been given a very plausible explanation of Tilly''s rather unexpected departure.  Why does a NCISA member just not admit that this was an unexpected event and that they now have to make plans to either alter the voting rules or call an EGM?The impression I was given by the two Committee members that I spoke to was that it is very unlikely that anybody on the existing Committee would be prepared to take on the responsibility of being the new Chair Person and that they would even think about stepping down as Committee members if the wrong decsion was made of voting somebody in just for the sake of having somebody in the Chair.  They claimed that they did not think that anybody currently on the Committee would really be suitable to step in to Tilly''s shoes.  They wanted to take a look at getting new Committee members on board - including a new Chair Person who is not currently a Committee member.  The following names were mentioned... (1st) Andy Larkin, (2nd) Richard Balls and (3rd) Rob Sainty (Beau).I wonder if any of those people would be interested in giving away some of their free time to the NCISA cause?  One thing is for sure though, NCISA should be contacting such people and trying to headhunt them, similar in the way that Mr McNally headhunted Paul Lambert.A strong leader could be the making of the NCISA.  Without it they may as well not bother.  It needs a strong character, with strong views.  Somebody who can think for themselves, listen to the views of others and who is a good public speaker.  They need to be able to stand up there and be shot at when things aren''t going well and not be a shrinking violet.Hope they find the right person, because although we have had our disagreements I believe that Tilly will be a BIG LOSS!

Smudger an excellent post and probably the single tribute that John will cherish most as it comes from someone prepared to stand up to him in the past and be critical. Hence it is heartfelt (and deserved) praise.

As for your suggestions as a new chair I think that you have highlighted qualities that would be required and the names you put forward do have some qualities in line with them. However I think that there are other aspects that need to be considered as well:

1. Prepared to chair routine meetings on a regular basis.

2. Willing to be rung by the media at inopportune moments.

3. Enthusiasm and energy to recruit members

4. Willing to give up leisure time for open days etc.

5. Money to finance all those phone calls, petrol, rounds of drinks.

It is the mundane like the above that have to be covered as well as the public meetings and invites to Colney. It is those tasks that seperate the glory hunters from the succesful chairmen.

Personally I feel that not all your candidates may be able to do all those, as indeed many interested parties might not be able to fill the shoes that well.

It is a shame if non of the current committee feel able to take it on, and perhaps a sign of how onerous the task is.

[quote user="face"]Smudger an excellent post and probably the single tribute that John will cherish most as it comes from someone prepared to stand up to him in the past and be critical. Hence it is heartfelt (and deserved) praise.

As for your suggestions as a new chair I think that you have highlighted qualities that would be required and the names you put forward do have some qualities in line with them. However I think that there are other aspects that need to be considered as well:

1. Prepared to chair routine meetings on a regular basis.

2. Willing to be rung by the media at inopportune moments.

3. Enthusiasm and energy to recruit members

4. Willing to give up leisure time for open days etc.

5. Money to finance all those phone calls, petrol, rounds of drinks.

It is the mundane like the above that have to be covered as well as the public meetings and invites to Colney. It is those tasks that seperate the glory hunters from the succesful chairmen.

Personally I feel that not all your candidates may be able to do all those, as indeed many interested parties might not be able to fill the shoes that well.

It is a shame if non of the current committee feel able to take it on, and perhaps a sign of how onerous the task is.[/quote]I agree on all of those tasks you mention that would prevent many from taking on the role :o)I have been told off for upsetting people yet again, so best I hold my piece now until Thursday night at least.I hope that I haven''t upset Tilly too, as like him I do tend to shoot from the hip a bit.  I have been told that peoples concerns will be answered on Thursday night.  Why The Butler could not just have said this and no more right at the top of the thread god only knows?  It is just my opinion, but I believe that it is those kind of amateurish mistakes that cause a storm in a tea cup (like this thread) and prevent many prospective new members from registering their interest of joining NCISA.Maybe I''m wrong, but I''m just calling things the way I see it.  I''m not saying these things to wind up any certain individuals.  I''m saying it because I hope that they will listen to the advice that I have given to make NCISA bigger, better and stronger in the future.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="face"]Smudger an excellent post and probably the single tribute that John will cherish most as it comes from someone prepared to stand up to him in the past and be critical. Hence it is heartfelt (and deserved) praise. As for your suggestions as a new chair I think that you have highlighted qualities that would be required and the names you put forward do have some qualities in line with them. However I think that there are other aspects that need to be considered as well: 1. Prepared to chair routine meetings on a regular basis. 2. Willing to be rung by the media at inopportune moments. 3. Enthusiasm and energy to recruit members 4. Willing to give up leisure time for open days etc. 5. Money to finance all those phone calls, petrol, rounds of drinks. It is the mundane like the above that have to be covered as well as the public meetings and invites to Colney. It is those tasks that seperate the glory hunters from the succesful chairmen. Personally I feel that not all your candidates may be able to do all those, as indeed many interested parties might not be able to fill the shoes that well. It is a shame if non of the current committee feel able to take it on, and perhaps a sign of how onerous the task is.[/quote]

I agree on all of those tasks you mention that would prevent many from taking on the role :o)

I have been told off for upsetting people yet again, so best I hold my piece now until Thursday night at least.

I hope that I haven''t upset Tilly too, as like him I do tend to shoot from the hip a bit. 

I have been told that peoples concerns will be answered on Thursday night.  Why The Butler could not just have said this and no more right at the top of the thread god only knows?  It is just my opinion, but I believe that it is those kind of amateurish mistakes that cause a storm in a tea cup (like this thread) and prevent many prospective new members from registering their interest of joining NCISA.

Maybe I''m wrong, but I''m just calling things the way I see it.  I''m not saying these things to wind up any certain individuals.  I''m saying it because I hope that they will listen to the advice that I have given to make NCISA bigger, better and stronger in the future.
[/quote]

I assume the one you have the information from is your brother a committee member.

Perhaps he could share his knowledge with all of us.

Again Smudger like a lot of what you write you speak without true knowledge and very little thought.

Look forward to seeing you on Thursday night, when no doubt you will be able to, in your enimatable style, shed light on our darkness

[quote user="Smudger"]Blimey, aren''t some of the conspiracy theories goiug around on here hilarious?  Equally funny are the Butlers and Can U Sit Down Please''s failure to respond to peoples concerns in the appropriate manner for a committee member.  Still I suppose that at least they have made an effort to respond, unlike the other 8 or 9 members!

Surely one of the first things the new NCISA would have to do is get somebody who is at least a bit PR Savvy on board?  How many times do we see the organisation fail to respond in a timely manner to fans concerns?  If it takes recruiting and paying for the right kind of indivdual to do this then I would''ve thought this would be a necessary step to take?

I first met John Tilson a few years ago and have always taken an interest in what NCISA have been doing.  Sometimes I have been supportive of the stance that NCISA have chosen to take on certain issues.  Other times I have spoken out against the way in which they appear to run things from either a members perspective, or a supporter who may be showing a possible interest in what NCISA do with a view to  becoming a member.

I think that John has been a well spoken and witty Chairman who puts on a good public face at the AGM''s and St Andrews Hall type meetings in times of turmoil at the club.

I was travelling to the game with two NCISA Committee members on Saturday and have been given a very plausible explanation of Tilly''s rather unexpected departure.  Why does a NCISA member just not admit that this was an unexpected event and that they now have to make plans to either alter the voting rules or call an EGM?

The impression I was given by the two Committee members that I spoke to was that it is very unlikely that anybody on the existing Committee would be prepared to take on the responsibility of being the new Chair Person and that they would even think about stepping down as Committee members if the wrong decsion was made of voting somebody in just for the sake of having somebody in the Chair. 
They claimed that they did not think that anybody currently on the Committee would really be suitable to step in to Tilly''s shoes.  They wanted to take a look at getting new Committee members on board - including a new Chair Person who is not currently a Committee member.  The following names were mentioned... (1st) Andy Larkin, (2nd) Richard Balls and (3rd) Rob Sainty (Beau).

I wonder if any of those people would be interested in giving away some of their free time to the NCISA cause?  One thing is for sure though, NCISA should be contacting such people and trying to headhunt them, similar in the way that Mr McNally headhunted Paul Lambert.

A strong leader could be the making of the NCISA.  Without it they may as well not bother.  It needs a strong character, with strong views.  Somebody who can think for themselves, listen to the views of others and who is a good public speaker.  They need to be able to stand up there and be shot at when things aren''t going well and not be a shrinking violet.

Hope they find the right person, because although we have had our disagreements I believe that Tilly will be a BIG LOSS!
[/quote]

A great post from the heart Smudger, glad someone else thinks that Andy Larkin would be a good choice.

You''re not everyone''s cup of tea just like Tilly but at least with you two we know where we stand and life would be dullier without you.