Sign in to follow this  
The Butler

A Message from NCISA

I have suggested before that the positions on the committe should have a mandatory maximum term (say 2 re-elections) before at least a 12month period "off" is taken

This would give a definite messge of openess to potential new candidates, would let everyone now when the time for the guaranteed opening would be too.

New blood & energy that comes with it would be periodic great boosts for NCISA

Whether Butler accepts the perception from the outside that NCSIA is a closed shop or not the lack of new applications is fairly daming. Current committee members should be far more active in lobbying fresh blood to become active as opposed to turning to the familiar faces to step upto the mark time & again. (Though their efforts are appreciated)

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"]Lol Cluck, you really are a silly one. And such a blatant troll.

[:)]
[/quote]

Then pray tell me what would happen if this group were disbanded tomorrow?  Also what concrete evidence do you have they have played any serious part in making the club better?

Nothing ''trollistic'' about my comments..... rather it''s simply your inability to understand an alternative view. The phrase ''sheep-like'' wasn''t plucked out of thin air you know.

[/quote]

Nothing would happen, life would go on and Norwich City would carry on as if nothing had happened. We actually have no need whatsoever for the NCISA. But the fact is that these good people are willing to give up their time, for no remuneration whatsoever to give the fans a voice when they need it.

It really is that simple. No conspiracies, no power trips, no scandal.

And people who sit behind the screen and criticise actually had anything about them, then they would offer their services, rather than just gripe.

[:)]
[/quote]

Just one small point to add Morty.

The Tactic Zone and the club would be several thousand worse off without NCISA sponsorship and donations

Something that NCISA does that everyone seems to forget[:D]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"]Lol Cluck, you really are a silly one. And such a blatant troll.[:)][/quote]

Then pray tell me what would happen if this group were disbanded tomorrow?  Also what concrete evidence do you have they have played any serious part in making the club better?Nothing ''trollistic'' about my comments..... rather it''s simply your inability to understand an alternative view. The phrase ''sheep-like'' wasn''t plucked out of thin air you know.

[/quote]Nothing would happen, life would go on and Norwich City would carry on as if nothing had happened. We actually have no need whatsoever for the NCISA. But the fact is that these good people are willing to give up their time, for no remuneration whatsoever to give the fans a voice when they need it.It really is that simple. No conspiracies, no power trips, no scandal. And people who sit behind the screen and criticise actually had anything about them, then they would offer their services, rather than just gripe.[:)][/quote]

Just one small point to add Morty.

The Tactic Zone and the club would be several thousand worse off without NCISA sponsorship and donations

Something that NCISA does that everyone seems to forget[:D]

[/quote]That is indeed a very good point, and accept my apologies for omitting it.[:)]

[quote]Whether Butler accepts the perception from the outside that NCSIA is a

closed shop or not the lack of new applications is fairly daming.[/quote]Actually, I''m not sure it is.  It''s more reflective of the fact that most people just don''t have time to volunteer, one of the things that stands in the way of this Cameron fellas "Big Society" idea.  Mind you, his minions seem to be working awfully hard to make sure that more of us have spare time to volunteer soon...

They could also open an "AGM Forum" on the website to allow for propositions & seconds to be logged on there well ahead of the evening, and perhaps the question can be tweaked from suggestions/feedback from other members

[:)][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="The Butler"]

One very small point Metatron, John had spoken about standing down "sometime" not a specific date as "face" indicates.

You are indicating that nobody came forward because they did not want to be a committee member just chairman. Excellent, I am sure they would have all known exactly how it all worked! Surely a time WORKING on the committee first is the correct way?

As I said remember the officers and committe are all volunteers and IF the chairman was unacceptable to them he/she/it could soon have been a committee of one[:D]

So what is needed is a commitee comprising a chairman that is acceptable to ALL and one that has the organisaton and the club at heart and can take NCISA forward in the correct manner.

[/quote] With the emphasis on WORKING![/quote]

You''re suggesting that maybe some of the committee aren''t active and working so as I posted yesterday wouldn''t this be a good time to overhaul the whole committee and maybe get some new younger  ( that counts me out[:)]  )  blood onboard.

I agree with others that we need NCISA and a voice for the fans, but it does need to be promoted much more because as someone else said earlier in the thread there must be thousand of fans who don''t know it exists, never mind what it does.

[quote user="Ankles"]They could also open an "AGM Forum" on the website to allow for propositions & seconds to be logged on there well ahead of the evening, and perhaps the question can be tweaked from suggestions/feedback from other members[/quote]

Another job to add to the list!!!!

Again if you looked you could have e-mailed a proposal to Kathy, stating proposer and seconder or  posted one or did you not receive our notification?

Did you attend last years AGM. I seem to remember you were full of ideas last year at this time.

In actual fact Ankles if you look there are several new younger committee members who have joined this year and are up for re-election.

So not quite as exclusive and "old" as some would have you believe.[:D]

[quote user="cityangel"][:)][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="The Butler"]

One very small point Metatron, John had spoken about standing down "sometime" not a specific date as "face" indicates.

You are indicating that nobody came forward because they did not want to be a committee member just chairman. Excellent, I am sure they would have all known exactly how it all worked! Surely a time WORKING on the committee first is the correct way?

As I said remember the officers and committe are all volunteers and IF the chairman was unacceptable to them he/she/it could soon have been a committee of one[:D]

So what is needed is a commitee comprising a chairman that is acceptable to ALL and one that has the organisaton and the club at heart and can take NCISA forward in the correct manner.

You''re suggesting that maybe some of the committee aren''t active and working so as I posted yesterday wouldn''t this be a good time to overhaul the whole committee and maybe get some new younger  ( that counts me out[:)]  )  blood onboard.

I agree with others that we need NCISA and a voice for the fans, but it does need to be promoted much more because as someone else said earlier in the thread there must be thousand of fans who don''t know it exists, never mind what it does.

[/quote]

Don''t misquote me please CA I was refering to any new wanabee chairman.

I didn''t go to the AGM last year based on the fact my reply was 2 days beyond the deadline as i had to sort out a second (no easy thing to do when you were a enw member with no access to any other members contact details)

When i met Mr Tilson over a beer and explained i was late he stated that no exceptions could be made unfortunately.

This inflexibility i found infuriating.

Mr Tilson also made a similar remark about lack of new applicants for committe positions over the years, i said if it was a re-current issue (as it still appears to be this year) then the committe must put extra emphasis on this as opposed to just accepting the sme old volunteers (again as appreciated as they are).

I cannot make the AGM as overseas with work but i am going be able to lobby for much less concessions & slightly higher ticket prices at the end of the month meeting at Carrow Road so i dare say i''ll run into one or two NCSIA folks that night

[quote user="cityangel"][:)][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Im young CA and Gaz still dresses as a young un would [;)]

I agree that someone having a bit of experience of being on the committee before becoming Chairman is probably the ideal solution.

However, sometimes a completely fresh face might be the answer and someone might well have fancied having a go as Chairman if they had known in advance that the position was up for election.

The fact that Mr Tilson in particular was not going to be on the committee anymore might also make volunteering a more attractive propostion to some outsiders!

I guess we''ll never know - unless the committee decide to use their power of "as they see fit" to run a fresh election open to all members.

[quote user="Metatron"]I agree that someone having a bit of experience of being on the committee before becoming Chairman is probably the ideal solution. However, sometimes a completely fresh face might be the answer and someone might well have fancied having a go as Chairman if they had known in advance that the position was up for election. The fact that Mr Tilson in particular was not going to be on the committee anymore might also make volunteering a more attractive propostion to some outsiders! I guess we''ll never know - unless the committee decide to use their power of "as they see fit" to run a fresh election open to all members.[/quote]

I agree partly with this but I would certainly have wanted to see some commitment from anybody before voting them as chairman.

New blood maybe but unknown quantity also!

Many thaks Metatron I must now get on with paid work!![:D]

>I agree partly with this but I would certainly have wanted to see some commitment from anybody before voting them as chairman

___

That''s true - any candidate would have to set out their vision to the members and why he/she thought that being outside of the current committee was not a hinderance.

Sounds almost like, er, a democratic process!

[quote user="Metatron"]>I agree partly with this but I would certainly have wanted to see some commitment from anybody before voting them as chairman

___

That''s true - any candidate would have to set out their vision to the members and why he/she thought that being outside of the current committee was not a hinderance.

Sounds almost like, er, a democratic process![/quote]Whilst I see your point, talk is cheap though, anyone can talk a good game.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cityangel"][:)][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Butler - I was quoting TFA not you [:)]

CUSDP - I know you and Gary are under 45 [:)] but thats only 2 from 13 if you had included Tilly and Roy your president, surely you agree that a few youngsters 16 - 30''s would freshen you up?

[quote user="Metatron"]>I agree partly with this but I would certainly have wanted to see some commitment from anybody before voting them as chairman New blood maybe but unknown quantity also! ___ That''s true - any candidate would have to set out their vision to the members and why he/she thought that being outside of the current committee was not a hinderance. Sounds almost like, er, a democratic process![/quote]

Commitment is totally different from vision.

Working together is different.

Well swing it whatever way you wish.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cityangel"][:)][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Butler - I was quoting TFA not you [:)]

CUSDP - I know you and Gary are under 45 [:)] but thats only 2 from 13 if you had included Tilly and Roy your president, surely you agree that a few youngsters 16 - 30''s would freshen you up?

Canary Angel, have you thought this through? 16 yer-old''s would mean youngsters such as ''I''m a Banana'' on the committe. What would that do to NCISA? Could you imagine a spotty-face yoof sitting down to negotiate with McNalley and Bowkett? The idea is laughable.

We''ve already seen what well-meaning amateurs have done to our club in the past. Why inflict the same on NCISA? And why is there an assumption that once someone reaches 45 that they are incapable of serving on a committee?

[/quote]

Assuming that anyone can stand for any role on the committee from the age of 18, I don''t think you can fairly discriminate beyond that. Yes, there are plenty of teenagers who''d do a bad job. Then there are plenty of NFN''s in their 40''s who''d also do a bad job. That''s what the nominations procedure and election would sort out - only people who got support from other NCISA members would get onto the committee through a fair vote and that would, to be honest, make sure someone like nana never does. Overall I think cityangel has a reasonable point. Maybe 16 is a bit young but I would imagine you would want younger members coming on every so often to freshen things up, bring in new ideas and understanding of a different demographic of fans, perhaps bring in new understanding of technology and how it can be used to further NCISA''s work (especially in communication, a bugbear of mine). I''d not a bad thing to have a wide ranging, diverse committee.

Buttles. Who will actually chair the AGM? As Tilly has already resigned and, I assume, will play no further part, and the membership will be unable to vote excepting to endorse the committees recomendation, does this mean a new chairman elect is already in place? If so, who is it? [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Buttles. Who will actually chair the AGM? As Tilly has already resigned and, I assume, will play no further part, and the membership will be unable to vote excepting to endorse the committees recomendation, does this mean a new chairman elect is already in place? If so, who is it? [;)][/quote]

There is no chairman elect as far as I know Lapp.

Roy Blower (president) has stepped in an agreed to take the AGM.

Everyone knows Roy and his involvement I would think.

Thanks for asking, does that mean you will be there or join?

[quote user="o"]If there is no chairman elect, that must mean there has been either several nominations or none as the date for nominations has past. Let us all hope there has been several or the ship will be rudderless and that cannot be a good thing.[/quote]

The ship is most certainly NOT rudderless.

There are several members who can steer the ship until a new chairman is appointed (whoever that maybe)

Your concern does you credit.

Are the nomination(s) for Chairman secret?

If so, why?

If not, why not just announce it (them}?

Transparency is always the best option in a democracy.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Are the nomination(s) for Chairman secret?

If so, why?

Transparency is always the best option in a democracy.[/quote]I think the Butler said in an earlier post that there were no nominations for ANY new committee members. I assume the committee will wait until they are endorsed at the AGM before they decide on a new chairman. Unfortunately, this will mean the new man (or woman) will serve for the first year unelected unless an EGM is called.  

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Are the nomination(s) for Chairman secret?

If so, why?

Transparency is always the best option in a democracy.[/quote]I think the Butler said in an earlier post that there were no nominations for ANY new committee members. I assume the committee will wait until they are endorsed at the AGM before they decide on a new chairman. Unfortunately, this will mean the new man (or woman) will serve for the first year unelected unless an EGM is called.  

[/quote]

And that''s from a non member!![:D]

Thanks Lapp.

It''s not that unusual,in fact more the norm, as I have already said, for an elected committee to pick, from their members , a chairman.

By the way the Div 1 Trophy will be at the AGM for anyone to have photos taken with (just heard)

[quote user="thirdlion v2"].

Overall I think cityangel has a reasonable point. Maybe 16 is a bit young but I would imagine you would want younger members coming on every so often to freshen things up, bring in new ideas and understanding of a different demographic of fans, perhaps bring in new understanding of technology and how it can be used to further NCISA''s work (especially in communication, a bugbear of mine). I''d not a bad thing to have a wide ranging, diverse committee.
[/quote]

Thats exactly what I meant, I didnt mean to imply that anyone over 45 is past it ( as I am myself) I just think that looking at the makeup of the committee before Tilly resigned that there were at least 5 aged 60 - 80 ish if you include Roy the president, another 5 in the 40 - 60 range which only leaves 3 Gary, CUSDP and Robert who I would guess are in their mid 30''s?

If you get some youngsters on board in the 18 - 30 range they will be able to help with the technology, they will have fresh ideas and a mix of ages from 18 - 80 will give you a real mix of new ideas.

As for Roy chairing the AGM meeting thats good of him, but I do hope that if none of you lot want to take on the role that you''re  going to make him your new chairman  no offence to him as I''ve spoken to him a few times over the past year and I know he has a great knowledge of the club, but that would be going backwards. He''s had his time as chairman must be getting on for 70 now and our NCISA needs a new face, someone a good communicater, a good speaker, good with technology and with lots of ideas of how to move the association forward into the 21st century.

NCISA - If there are no nominations for Chairmen or for any new committee members can''t the AGM be put back to give people time to apply now they know the situation ?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Overall I think cityangel has a reasonable point. Maybe 16 is a bit young but I would imagine you would want younger members coming on every so often to freshen things up, bring in new ideas and understanding of a different demographic of fans, perhaps bring in new understanding of technology and how it can be used to further NCISA''s work (especially in communication, a bugbear of mine). I''d not a bad thing to have a wide ranging, diverse committee.
[/quote]

Thats exactly what I meant, I didnt mean to imply that anyone over 45 is past it ( as I am myself) I just think that looking at the makeup of the committee before Tilly resigned that there were at least 5 aged 60 - 80 ish if you include Roy the president, another 5 in the 40 - 60 range which only leaves 3 Gary, CUSDP and Robert who I would guess are in their mid 30''s?

If you get some youngsters on board in the 18 - 30 range they will be able to help with the technology, they will have fresh ideas and a mix of ages from 18 - 80 will give you a real mix of new ideas.

As for Roy chairing the AGM meeting thats good of him, but I do hope that if none of you lot want to take on the role that you''re  going to make him your new chairman  no offence to him as I''ve spoken to him a few times over the past year and I know he has a great knowledge of the club, but that would be going backwards. He''s had his time as chairman must be getting on for 70 now and our NCISA needs a new face, someone a good communicater, a good speaker, good with technology and with lots of ideas of how to move the association forward into the 21st century.

NCISA - If there are no nominations for Chairmen or for any new committee members can''t the AGM be put back to give people time to apply now they know the situation ?

[/quote]

There are discussions on going CA, PLEASE,and I know this is difficut for you, be patient.

Things are and will be changeing. PLEASE give us a little bit of time.

I suspect that even if the AGM is put back there will still be few nominations put forward as we do indeed live in a time of apathy.

However I would suggest that even if the gesture does not achieve its aims it would be a noble gesture anyhow.

Can I ask having been reminded by Ankles post above on his rule change that was too late for last year, has that been included this year as presumably it was nearly a year ahead of the deadline?

If so then that should be discussed before any elections to be really democratic.

PS Kathy for chair in my humble opinion.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oi im in my peak! 28!

[quote user="o"]I suspect that even if the AGM is put back there will still be few nominations put forward as we do indeed live in a time of apathy. However I would suggest that even if the gesture does not achieve its aims it would be a noble gesture anyhow. Can I ask having been reminded by Ankles post above on his rule change that was too late for last year, has that been included this year as presumably it was nearly a year ahead of the deadline? If so then that should be discussed before any elections to be really democratic. PS Kathy for chair in my humble opinion.[/quote]

The question was,to my knowledge, never submited.

I will check though.Just think it was talk on this message board.

Rearranging the AGM is not a possibility as that was one of the only time slots available.

We all have other lives outside NCISA surprisingly.[:D]

Then there is the venue, correspondence with all the members (only a very few are on this site) etc etc.

You will all just have to stick to you conspiracy theories I am afraid.[:D]

As it is my 42nd wedding anniversay tomorrow and I do not wish a divorce or being beaten to death, any further questions will have to wait or be replied to by someone else (or each other)

Personally I think Tilly was shot from a grassy knoll and It was JY that dun it.