Sign in to follow this  
The Butler

A Message from NCISA

I have to say, I''m very disappointed to learn of the closed nature of the NCISA leadership election.

It was my intention to enter my candidacy for the post. I had even drawn up a manifesto for which I felt would appeal to the electorate. I am a disillusioned member of the organisation, young and ambitious. I feel I have a great deal to add to the group. However, I''m not beginning to see that it is very secular.

I''m sure the new Chairman will be a familiar name that will allow the organisation to amble along at the trot-like pace it has become accustomed too and continue with the rather childish attitudes to all those that disagree as had become the trademark of the previous incumbent to the position.

A great shame.

I really am starting to think that I really don''t "get" how some people think regarding being on a committee, are they frustrated MP''s, people on a personal power kick, or genuine types who would like to affect change regarding something they are passionate about.And posting anonymously on an internet forum with your gripes is hardly entering into the spirit of things really.[:)]

[quote user=""]Oh come on anonymous??

you must be the only person on here who doesn''t know who I am ha ha ha[/quote]Guess I am then, who are you?

[quote user=""]ex committee member David Maidstone - who are you?[/quote]Never heard of you lol.And you have never heard of me either. I joined NCISA recently as became socially involved with people who are members, so whatever has gone on in the past, in your case, I have absolutely no knowledge of.Just posting my opinions on what I see in threads like this really, which seem to contain a lot of people with a lot to say. And mainly people who have no real involvement in NCISA, but seem to regard them as some kind of welfare state, that somehow owes every single fan, with an opinion, something. Which is fine in principal, but opinions are like assholes, everyone''s got one. And thats why we elect committees, because if you listened to every single opinion, you would never decide on anything.

[quote user="TheFanMan"]I have to say, I''m very disappointed to learn of the closed nature of the NCISA leadership election. It was my intention to enter my candidacy for the post. I had even drawn up a manifesto for which I felt would appeal to the electorate. I am a disillusioned member of the organisation, young and ambitious. I feel I have a great deal to add to the group. However, I''m not beginning to see that it is very secular. I''m sure the new Chairman will be a familiar name that will allow the organisation to amble along at the trot-like pace it has become accustomed too and continue with the rather childish attitudes to all those that disagree as had become the trademark of the previous incumbent to the position. A great shame.[/quote]

So if you''re a member why haven''t you got involved before then and asked to join the committee which surely would be the first step if you had ideas about eventually being chairman?

As it goes, it seems to me pretty outrageous, if it is the case, that his resignation was only announced after nominations had closed. If all nominations are welcome, and they have to be in 14 days before the AGM, then surely you''d want to announce resignation, open nominations and close them on the day of the AGM to give anyone the widest possible opportunity to have their name put forward. To do it in such a closed-doors manner really suggests there is a preferred candidate for the role.

Again, seriously, why are people so bothered about all this? I really do find it odd that people who appear not to give a flying fig about NCISA, seem to be crawling out of the woodwork and getting their knickers twisty.

[quote user="morty"]Again, seriously, why are people so bothered about all this? I really do find it odd that people who appear not to give a flying fig about NCISA, seem to be crawling out of the woodwork and getting their knickers twisty.
[/quote]

What are you blathering about? On & on & on.....

Trying to dampen controversy in defence of inner circle machinations?

There''s evidently an inner circle in and around NCISA just as there is on this forum.

Oh, and if people don''t wish for their dirty linen to be washed in public why bring it to this forum?

Power to the people! Better must come!

[:)]

OTBC

I''m a bit confused by all the indignation about the timing of the announcement. If someone had wanted to stand against John they could have, regardless of whether he''d resigned or not, surely  that''s the whole point of re-election of officers. Consequently I find it hard to believe that our new poster is anything other than a troll (probably based somewhere in the Caribbean[;)]).

All that aside, though, NCISA needs to develop a wider constituency, without question and, as morty says, perhaps some of those posters taking pot shots might like to come on board and practice what they preach? All the  NCISA members that I know are perfectly reasonable people who love their club and want to help to make it better, not closet Luddites trying to prevent progress. That''s not to say that I don''t think that mistakes haven''t been made, but no organisation is perfect and there is a need for an independent fans voice, so why not get on board and do something positive rather than carp from the shadows?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="morty"]Again, seriously, why are people so bothered about all this? I really do find it odd that people who appear not to give a flying fig about NCISA, seem to be crawling out of the woodwork and getting their knickers twisty.[/quote]

What are you blathering about? On & on & on.....

Trying to dampen controversy in defence of inner circle machinations?

There''s evidently an inner circle in and around NCISA just as there is on this forum.

Oh, and if people don''t wish for their dirty linen to be washed in public why bring it to this forum?

Power to the people! Better must come!

[:)]

OTBC

[/quote]Theres no controversy or scandal here.The simple answer is that you''re a cock.Have a nice day.[:)]

>so why not get on board and do something positive rather than carp from the shadows?

Perhaps because from the outside things like this look like a carve-up amongst a small group of people.

Whether it''s more cock-up than conspiracy, you can''t help the fact that it potentially looks bad.

Anyway, if someone could answer my question I''m still curious about how the new Chairman is going to be chosen/elected.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I''m a bit confused by all the indignation about the timing of the announcement. If someone had wanted to stand against John they could have, regardless of whether he''d resigned or not, surely  that''s the whole point of re-election of officers. Consequently I find it hard to believe that our new poster is anything other than a troll (probably based somewhere in the Caribbean[;)]).

All that aside, though, NCISA needs to develop a wider constituency, without question and, as morty says, perhaps some of those posters taking pot shots might like to come on board and practice what they preach? All the  NCISA members that I know are perfectly reasonable people who love their club and want to help to make it better, not closet Luddites trying to prevent progress. That''s not to say that I don''t think that mistakes haven''t been made, but no organisation is perfect and there is a need for an independent fans voice, so why not get on board and do something positive rather than carp from the shadows?

[/quote]

I agree with the points you make in your second paragraph.

However, things are not going to advance along these lines if there is a clear and honest perception (whether true or not) amongst several that the chairmanship succession has been fixed.

Something could be learnt from the legal imperative that ''justice must not only be done, it should be manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done''.

My advice for what its worth? Re-open the nominations, publicise it aggressively - and sit back and watch happily as new members come rolling in. Encourage candidates to put out brief, written manifestos (talk is cheap).

Good luck.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

However, things are not going to advance along these lines if there is a clear and honest perception (whether true or not) amongst several that the chairmanship succession has been fixed.

Something could be learnt from the legal imperative that ''justice must not only be done, it should be manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done''.

My advice for what its worth? Re-open the nominations, publicise it aggressively - and sit back and watch happily as new members come rolling in. Encourage candidates to put out brief, written manifestos (talk is cheap).

Good luck.

OTBC

[/quote]

Bly I would not take advice from you if I was drowning and you promised to teach me to swim.

You are not a member if NCISA(as far as I know) You do not attend meetings/matches or anything else.

Why are you so interested, other than to stir trouble as you always do.

Fair points from both Metatron and Bly. I agree that openess is essential going forward and that if the organisation is perceived as being an exclusive clique it can''t grow effectively. I would also add that my experience is that it is nothing of the sort, but I agree with Bly (and I never expected to say that![;)]), that the perception is more important than the reality.

For the sake of a little sanity I will try and spell out the situation.(This is The Butler not NCISA opinion)

NCISA,unlike many associations I have been involved in, allow ALL members to nominate and select officers as well as committee members.

(Normal procedure for most organisations is for an election of committee and that committee to select chairman etc.)

As the committee members need to work closely together it is important that the officers are ones that can function well with the committee.

Remember that this is all voluntary and therfore NO ONE has to stay if they do not wish to do so.

The AGM has been advertised generally for several weeks on noticeboards/website etc.

Every member was sent a reminder together with details of making nominations etc.several weeks ago.

You naturally need to be a member to be allowed to nominate and vote.

Every office is open for any member to be nominated for and those nominations once verified, are put to a vote at the AGM.

Now any member who has/had ambitions to be a committee member/officer has had ample opportunity to put themselves forward.

It is of little surprise that NCISA have received none from any of those people stirring the pot at present. I wonder why! In Fact NO NEW NOMINATIONS have been received.

Is it again the case of shouting the odds but when it comes to putting themselves down for commitment that they go missing.

There is no expenses/pay or anything else. All time,travel telephone etc is all at the individuals own cost.

It is done because of a wish to "help" the fans of our club "have a voice".

No it is not a closed shop.I knew NONE of the committee before putting my name forward to help some 15months ago, so it is open to any member.

There is a good mix of young and older male and female committee members so the view that we are all  ancient is completly wrong.(It also encompasses a variety of walks of life from Company Directors to Delivery Drivers to accountants and lots in between)

That is the position as I know it and have worked this last year in.

Now over to those who wish ,for whatever reason,to disect this post and come up with even more bile!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Good luck.

OTBC

[/quote]

Bly I would not take advice from you if I was drowning and you promised to teach me to swim.

You are not a member if NCISA(as far as I know) You do not attend meetings/matches or anything else.

[/quote]

No, I''m not an NCISA member ..............but I was a member of Stan Springall''s outfit.[:)] Still have the lapel badge.[:D] We used to buy the club players like David Cross if my memory serves me correctly - anyway we used to hand over what in those days were very considerable sums to the club (30-40,000 quid tranches as I remember).

And as you well know I did not agree with the ousting of Robert Chase. And since ''rumps'' are influential in the NCISA heirarchy I''ve stayed clear. 

My interest is NCFC, nothing more nothing less.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Good luck.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, I''m not an NCISA member ..............but I was a member of Stan Springall''s outfit.[:)] Still have the lapel badge.[:D] We used to buy the club players like David Cross if my memory serves me correctly - anyway we used to hand over what in those days were very considerable sums to the club (30-40,000 quid tranches as I remember).

And as you well know I did not agree with the ousting of Robert Chase. And since ''rumps'' are influential in the NCISA heirarchy I''ve stayed clear. 

My interest is NCFC, nothing more nothing less.

OTBC

[/quote]

Bly I knew and liked Stan as I do his son Tony

I also got on very well with Bob Chase my opinions about that episode are well documented.

The RUMP as you call(whoever thay are)  has changed and is changing within NCISA.

One common theme is we all support NCFC to the hilt.

That does not mean we cannot pass comment or act on our members behalf when things are not right.

At present many things on the field are rosey but there are rumblings from some quarters about off field matters.

Ticket prices being one bone of contention.

That''s why fans need a voice and at present NCISA could be that voice IF past matters can be forgotten (as with the club) and we all work to a better future.

NCISA has only,as far as I know, been a voice of it''s members. Well that''s how I see the future should be any way.

Butler - thanks for the reply. It is appreciated and I agree that NCISA could potentially be an important voice for fans now that the SCG is gone.

I''m not ''stirring the pot'', I''m asking an open question about the procedure of the group that likes to be seen as the main ''independent'' voice of NCFC fans, whether they are members or not.

As NCISA says it speaks on my behalf I don''t see the problem in asking a few questions about the make-up of the organisation.

I think it''s fair to say that you haven''t received any nominations because (rightly or wrongly) people perceive it to be a closed shop with Mr Tilson in situ for as long as he liked.

Don''t you agree that you might have had a few nominations if Mr Tilson had announced his intention to step down earlier? If, as Face suggests, this was known for a year then it might have meant a few new people joining up 3 months in advance of the AGM to make themselves eligible.

I''ve sat on committees before and I know how hard it is to get people involved (and what a thankless task it can be). Perhaps no-one would have come forward. However, the committee has not given all NCFC fans much time to think about it and now the constitution seems to suggest that no election can take place anyway.

I''ll be interested to hear what the committee "sees fit" to do.

Power is all.... I''m afraid this whole affair has everything to do with those involved and nothing at all to do with what is good for NCFC.  How can it be anything else?  The ''saviour'' rules supreme and along with her cohorts ''thy will be done''....The days where such supporters groups meant anything has gone and the best thing to do would be to wrap it up entirely.  As with United of Manchester and Wimbledon... the only way to get proper representation is to break-away and return to the grass roots, but I''m afraid our support has little passion other than to take the easy path and follow the flock.

One very small point Metatron, John had spoken about standing down "sometime" not a specific date as "face" indicates.

You are indicating that nobody came forward because they did not want to be a committee member just chairman. Excellent, I am sure they would have all known exactly how it all worked! Surely a time WORKING on the committee first is the correct way?

As I said remember the officers and committe are all volunteers and IF the chairman was unacceptable to them he/she/it could soon have been a committee of one[:D]

So what is needed is a commitee comprising a chairman that is acceptable to ALL and one that has the organisaton and the club at heart and can take NCISA forward in the correct manner.

[quote user="The Butler"]

One very small point Metatron, John had spoken about standing down "sometime" not a specific date as "face" indicates.

You are indicating that nobody came forward because they did not want to be a committee member just chairman. Excellent, I am sure they would have all known exactly how it all worked! Surely a time WORKING on the committee first is the correct way?

As I said remember the officers and committe are all volunteers and IF the chairman was unacceptable to them he/she/it could soon have been a committee of one[:D]

So what is needed is a commitee comprising a chairman that is acceptable to ALL and one that has the organisaton and the club at heart and can take NCISA forward in the correct manner.

[/quote]

With the emphasis on WORKING!

[quote user="morty"]Lol Cluck, you really are a silly one. And such a blatant troll.[:)][/quote]

Then pray tell me what would happen if this group were disbanded tomorrow?  Also what concrete evidence do you have they have played any serious part in making the club better?Nothing ''trollistic'' about my comments..... rather it''s simply your inability to understand an alternative view. The phrase ''sheep-like'' wasn''t plucked out of thin air you know.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"]Lol Cluck, you really are a silly one. And such a blatant troll.[:)][/quote]

Then pray tell me what would happen if this group were disbanded tomorrow?  Also what concrete evidence do you have they have played any serious part in making the club better?Nothing ''trollistic'' about my comments..... rather it''s simply your inability to understand an alternative view. The phrase ''sheep-like'' wasn''t plucked out of thin air you know.

[/quote]Nothing would happen, life would go on and Norwich City would carry on as if nothing had happened. We actually have no need whatsoever for the NCISA. But the fact is that these good people are willing to give up their time, for no remuneration whatsoever to give the fans a voice when they need it.It really is that simple. No conspiracies, no power trips, no scandal. And people who sit behind the screen and criticise actually had anything about them, then they would offer their services, rather than just gripe.[:)]