Sign in to follow this  
The Butler

A Message from NCISA

[quote user="face"]I''m afraid that''s not quite true as any nominations had to be in already. So if you want a conspiracy theory you could argue it was timed to stop any one putting themselves forward.[/quote]Hmm! Very interesting. The plot thickens. [^o)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="face"]I''m afraid that''s not quite true as any nominations had to be in already. So if you want a conspiracy theory you could argue it was timed to stop any one putting themselves forward.[/quote]Hmm! Very interesting. The plot thickens. [^o)][/quote]

Indeed.

A conspiracy to keep the chair within the family inner circle? 

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="face"]I''m afraid that''s not quite true as any nominations had to be in already. So if you want a conspiracy theory you could argue it was timed to stop any one putting themselves forward.[/quote]Hmm! Very interesting. The plot thickens. [^o)][/quote]

Indeed.

A conspiracy to keep the chair within the family inner circle? 

OTBC

[/quote]You could always come to the AGM and stand yourself, should be a breeze for an enigmatic character such as yourself.The meeting is at Carrow road.Oh no, wait........

I see so it absolutely fine for the NCISA membership to make stuff up to criticise the club but it not OK to state facts to criticise the NCISA. They really should not dish it out if they can''t take it.The NCISA did advocate that fans should not give their rebate back after the club had already started to change the leadership which would have had a detrimental effect on the club. That is a fact.  The club has been big enough to admit they have made mistakes so why can''t the NCISA? As I said that does not mean I have anything against the NCISA in principle or their recent activities. I just think they should seek to be a broad based association to support the club and represent fans rather than a protest group. As long as they remain in defensive aggressive mode this will not happen.  

[quote user="T"]I see so it absolutely fine for the NCISA membership to make stuff up to criticise the club but it not OK to state facts to criticise the NCISA. They really should not dish it out if they can''t take it.The NCISA did advocate that fans should not give their rebate back after the club had already started to change the leadership which would have had a detrimental effect on the club. That is a fact. [/quote]The other fact is that, even with the number of rebates claimed back by supporters, the club still purchased a squad of players under Bryan Gunn.  80% of these players were crap, the other 20% have flourished under Paul Lambert''s leadership - Lambert being hired by David McNally after significant boardroom changes were made.  With these changes, we won the league.  Which kind of underlines NCISA''s point.

[quote user="T"]I see so it absolutely fine for the NCISA membership to make stuff up to criticise the club but it not OK to state facts to criticise the NCISA. They really should not dish it out if they can''t take it.The NCISA did advocate that fans should not give their rebate back after the club had already started to change the leadership which would have had a detrimental effect on the club. That is a fact.  The club has been big enough to admit they have made mistakes so why can''t the NCISA? As I said that does not mean I have anything against the NCISA in principle or their recent activities. I just think they should seek to be a broad based association to support the club and represent fans rather than a protest group. As long as they remain in defensive aggressive mode this will not happen.  [/quote]

Do you not find that when people are attacked they tend to be defensive? You happily accuse NCISA of making things up, yet seem to have forgotten your earlier accusation that they specifically acted against the purchase of Grant Holt. Without getting too technical, that''s what most people would consider to be a bare faced lie. I also note that you have missed few opportunities to eulogisethe associate directors in your earlier posts. I think you have an agenda, don''t you?

As a mark of respect, I have resigned as chairman of the

three associations I belong to:

The Dodo preservation society

The Betamax appreciation society

Keep Rhodesia White campaign.

I hope the members who remain keep up the great work

[quote user="shortfatb"]As a mark of respect, I have resigned as chairman of the

three associations I belong to:

The Dodo preservation society

The Betamax appreciation society

Keep Rhodesia White campaign.

I hope the members who remain keep up the great work[/quote]Lol, very good![:D]

[quote user="shortfatb"]As a mark of respect, I have resigned as chairman of the three associations I belong to: The Dodo preservation society The Betamax appreciation society Keep Rhodesia White campaign. I hope the members who remain keep up the great work[/quote]

That''s Bly screwed then.....

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="shortfatb"]As a mark of respect, I have resigned as chairman of the three associations I belong to: The Dodo preservation society The Betamax appreciation society Keep Rhodesia White campaign. I hope the members who remain keep up the great work[/quote]

That''s Bly screwed then.....

[/quote]

And you........

OTBC

[quote user="T"]I see so it absolutely fine for the NCISA membership to make stuff up to criticise the club but it not OK to state facts to criticise the NCISA. They really should not dish it out if they can''t take it.The NCISA did advocate that fans should not give their rebate back after the club had already started to change the leadership which would have had a detrimental effect on the club. That is a fact.  The club has been big enough to admit they have made mistakes so why can''t the NCISA? As I said that does not mean I have anything against the NCISA in principle or their recent activities. I just think they should seek to be a broad based association to support the club and represent fans rather than a protest group. As long as they remain in defensive aggressive mode this will not happen.  [/quote]

T if you want to debate the why''s and wherfores then fine, perhaps on another thread at another time

I would just draw your attention to poacher (Bowkett and his letter from .....) turned game keeper

That critisized the board as it stood.

Gunn was appointed by 3 directors (DS words not mine) quickly rescinded by MWJ as he if she did not ,knew this would not be legal.

As you say the past has gone and we ALL need to work for the good of the club.

That does not exclude critisism(sp) when it is due as well as praise, but Always support.

How will the new Chair be chosen if nominations for election closed last week?

Is there some something in the procedures/constitution?

Do you have an election at the AGM open to any member or it limited to someone from the committee?

(Genuine questions - I am curious)

[quote user="Metatron"]How will the new Chair be chosen if nominations for election closed last week?

Is there some something in the procedures/constitution?

Do you have an election at the AGM open to any member or it limited to someone from the committee?

(Genuine questions - I am curious)[/quote]There is a massive broadsword in a stone, and whoever can withdraw it takes the prize. Either that or you murder the current recipient and take the crown. Hmmmm, anyone seen Tilly recently? Kathy?

[quote user="Metatron"]How will the new Chair be chosen if nominations for election closed last week? Is there some something in the procedures/constitution? Do you have an election at the AGM open to any member or it limited to someone from the committee? (Genuine questions - I am curious)[/quote]

The new constitution is on the web site.

We have experts on constitutional matters I am afraid I am not one of them. They tend not to come out in the light or inhabit forums[:D]

Whatever the answer you can be assured that it will be VERY democratic.

As I read it the constitution says that nominations for election have to be sent in 14 days ahead of the AGM.

If you haven''t received any nominations then I guess you can''t have an election and this is the relevant bit:

"If for any reason an Officer becomes unable to continue in their role, the Committee will fill the vacancy as they see fit"

(Unless I''ve read it wrong).

Forgive me for being naive here but I really don''t get a lot of people''s attitudes towards NCISA.I joined because I think it is worthwhile that there is an independent voice that can talk to the club about issues that affect fans.Surely all you people that feel you need to have a say should maybe join? Or is it easier to just sit on the sidelines and gob off and criticise without actually giving up any of your time and effort to effect change?Its the same old people moaning and carping, and I frankly don''t understand their attitude, or what exactly they hope to achieve.

>I think it is worthwhile that there is an independent voice that can talk to the club about issues that affect fans.

I completely agree

I''m simply asking how they are going to choose the new leader.

[quote user="Metatron"]>I think it is worthwhile that there is an independent voice that can talk to the club about issues that affect fans.

I completely agree

I''m simply asking how they are going to choose the new leader.[/quote]My comment wasn''t specifically directed at you, or  I would have quoted you.But there are people obsessed with the inner workings of the NCISA that constantly pick away, and I really don''t get why. At the end of teh day, these people give up their time, for no remuneration, to try and benefit all of us fans, and I think it slightly unfair when certain parties do nothing but criticise, but of course won''t put their money where their mouth is, and actually get involved.All too easy to just sit on the sidelines for some and gob off.*Rant over lol*

It''s interesting to read all the various conspiracies as to why Tilly resigned but I don''t think it was a secret that he has been thinking  that once he reached the ripe age of 60  it might be time to let a younger person take over and freshen up the image of NCISA. He will be missed I''m sure especially by the likes of LQ who only seems to turn up on here when there''s a chance to attack him!!

Moving on, I would also be interested to know how the new chairman will be picked, does it have to be someone from the existing committee or can someone from outside be elected? 

Maybe this is also the time to completely overhaul NCISA''s goals and objectives and bring in some newer younger committee members (so you get a good age range ) who will be both committed to the cause, have time to attend their monthly meetings, be active in representing the members and generally freshen up the NCISA image which will in turn increase its membership. The new website should help with the last two and once the members section becomes active for fans to leave ideas and vews on that will help them too.

Enjoy your retirement Tilly, this will give you plenty of time to concentrate on your fanny magnet image [:)]

OK I accept that the following will upset a fair few NCISA members but heck I''m just back from the pub and don''t really care !!!

I knew that Tilly intende resigning a year ago but it was announced AFTER nominations closed.

That seems strange by any measure of what is acceptable. So why?

I have nothing against the current committee but exactly what nominations have been received?

I suspect only one will be offered to the electorate ....... prove me wrong.

[quote user=""]OK I accept that the following will upset a fair few NCISA members but heck I''m just back from the pub and don''t really care !!!

I knew that Tilly intende resigning a year ago but it was announced AFTER nominations closed.

That seems strange by any measure of what is acceptable. So why?

I have nothing against the current committee but exactly what nominations have been received?

I suspect only one will be offered to the electorate ....... prove me wrong.[/quote]What is your interest in this exactly? Why do you care about what NCISA do?See my earlier posts about why people seem to get their knickers so twisty about all of this.[:)]

Morty as a former committee member rest assured I really don''t give a proverbial ...

but why mention that Tilly is leaving after nominations close?

If you want the committee nomination to take the lead then make it less obvious.

I suspect that NCISA is not the force it thinks it is but at least give the members a choice.

[quote user=""]Morty as a former committee member rest assured I really don''t give a proverbial ...

but why mention that Tilly is leaving after nominations close?

If you want the committee nomination to take the lead then make it less obvious.

I suspect that NCISA is not the force it thinks it is but at least give the members a choice.[/quote]No, doesn''t sound like you care at all.....Does it really matter? Its a bunch of people volunteering their free time, for no remuneration, for the benefit of the fans.Its hardly the UN.

Rest assured Morty I''m on this site tonight back from the pub but as NN pointed out a few days ago I haven''t been here for months ...

My point is simply if John was standing down then why not make that clear to the membership well in advance of nominations closing?

If I could be arsed then yes I knew he was standing down and could have put myself forward but if Blah, Bly or Mellow or anyone else had wanted too they were told too late...... is that democracy? I don''t think so.

So committee what nominations do you have?

[quote user=""]Rest assured Morty I''m on this site tonight back from the pub but as NN pointed out a few days ago I haven''t been here for months ...

My point is simply if John was standing down then why not make that clear to the membership well in advance of nominations closing?

If I could be arsed then yes I knew he was standing down and could have put myself forward but if Blah, Bly or Mellow or anyone else had wanted too they were told too late...... is that democracy? I don''t think so.

So committee what nominations do you have?[/quote]Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things though? Does the nominated person get an NCISA Bentley, fame, fortune and super model hangers on?Sorry, but at the end of the day, it is what it is. Its an independent supporters association, they are not making life and death decisions, and I really don''t get why people get so het up about all this. And if they decide to appoint a new obergruppenfuhrer from within the committee who really cares? Surely thats better, appointing someone who has shown they have the inclanation to put the time in, as opposed to just gob off on a message board, isn''t it?

Come on Morty you''re better than that ..

If you represent the fans then represent them, that is the criticism of the past and one that NCISA rightly or wrongly always has to counteract.

You may think they are an irrelevance but they aren''t .... so they have to be whiter than white ... tough but true.

My point is that John was resigning a year ago, why wait till nominations close to announce it?

A simple question and one that probably is answered by "Errrrr we never thought about it"

[quote user=""]Come on Morty you''re better than that ..

If you represent the fans then represent them, that is the criticism of the past and one that NCISA rightly or wrongly always has to counteract.

You may think they are an irrelevance but they aren''t .... so they have to be whiter than white ... tough but true.

My point is that John was resigning a year ago, why wait till nominations close to announce it?

A simple question and one that probably is answered by "Errrrr we never thought about it"[/quote]I personally think you are coming across as a disgruntled ex committee member with an axe to grind, desperate to generate some controversy and conspiracy theory.No idea who you are, and no offence intended, just how I see it. If you are no longer involved why do you care so much?