Sign in to follow this  
The Butler

A Message from NCISA

It is with much regret that we announce the resignation of John Tilson as Chairman and Committee member of Norwich City Independent Supporters Association.

John has been involved with the organization since its inception, and has dedicated a lot of time and effort both to the Association itself and Norwich City Football Club.

He felt that at this time NCISA needed different leadership to take it forward.

A colourful figure, his forthright manner on all matters relating to Norwich City FC he  will most certainly be missed.

The Committee would like to express their thanks for all his efforts and wish him well in the future. 

This comes as a big suprise. John Tilson was one of the reasons I joined NCISA, I hope he keeps on supporting the NCISA and gives the new chairperson and rest of the committee the benefit of his vast knowledge of the organisation. Even though I am a relatively new member of NCISA I would like to thank John for his hard, often unappreciated, work he has dedicated to the cause. I suppose now he can concentrate on being a full time "Fanny Magnet"! [:)]

John is a real character whose company I have always enjoyed, and I look forward to sharing many a  drink with him in future.

NCISA is a very important organisation which needs to expand its membership to become a even more representative voice of the fans and hopefully the good work that Tilly has overseen so far will continue.

[quote user="Mr. Chops"]I hope John will continue to provide his forthright opinions from the back benches, as it were.

I look forward to Smudger announcing his candidacy.
[/quote]

You were doing very well until the second line.

[quote user="morty"]How the hell are we going to attract decent skirt to NCISA now?

[:P]
[/quote]

Kathy is going to have to learn to swing both ways[;)]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Mr. Chops"]I hope John will continue to provide his forthright opinions from the back benches, as it were.I look forward to Smudger announcing his candidacy.[/quote]

[/quote]I vote Smudger, if for nothing else, for comedy.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Mr. Chops"]I hope John will continue to provide his forthright opinions from the back benches, as it were.

I look forward to Smudger announcing his candidacy.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I vote Smudger, if for nothing else, for comedy.

[:)]
[/quote]

Can you have a committee of 1?

Even his brother would leave![:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

nCIsA without Commander Tilson will be like The Bill when Burnside left.

It never was quite the same was it?

[/quote]

I was thinking that it would be more like Take That after Robbie left.

We may not have always seen eye to eye, but John always did what he thought was best for the fans of Norwich City. He led from the front and certainly the heirarchy of NCFC knew he would not beat around the bush but say what needed to be said when it had to be said.

I think it is right that organisations don''t have the same leadership for too long and NCISA will move forward I am sure but the next chairman (or chairlady) has a hard act to follow.

I think many of us over the past few years have had our differences with Tilly, I know I have [:D] but having said that I personally think that he always lead from the front, said what needed saying in his own style, did his best for all concerned, gave good interviews and always put our club at the heart of everything he did plus he dedicated a lot of time to his role.

No disrespect to any of the other 11 committee members but I don''t see anyone who stands out in that lineup with that strong, loud  and dynamic sort of character to lead NCISA and take them  forward, hope I''m wrong.

Thanks Tilly for your hard work on our behalf [:)]

An opportunity for fresh blood can be a good thing. Why not recruit members before matches outside the stands? Many of the people I go with have no idea what NCISA is all about, or what the benefits of being a member are?

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]An opportunity for fresh blood can be a good thing. Why not recruit members before matches outside the stands? Many of the people I go with have no idea what NCISA is all about, or what the benefits of being a member are?[/quote]

I''ve suggested that many times, the last time being at their NCISA bbq last month.

Whether it''s local protest groups .... residents associations.... neighbourhood watch groups ..... blah de blah, there are always those that feel the need to speak for others. This little group get the kudos of rubbing shoulders with their in-club ''betters'' ..... but basically do sod all other than preen.I suspect no one would have seen any difference in the club''s past had they not existed..... and will see no difference in the future. Deadwood.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Whether it''s local protest groups .... residents associations.... neighbourhood watch groups ..... blah de blah, there are always those that feel the need to speak for others. This little group get the kudos of rubbing shoulders with their in-club ''betters'' ..... but basically do sod all other than preen.

I suspect no one would have seen any difference in the club''s past had they not existed..... and will see no difference in the future. Deadwood.
[/quote]

Hilarious.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Whether it''s local protest groups .... residents associations.... neighbourhood watch groups ..... blah de blah, there are always those that feel the need to speak for others. This little group get the kudos of rubbing shoulders with their in-club ''betters'' ..... but basically do sod all other than preen.I suspect no one would have seen any difference in the club''s past had they not existed..... and will see no difference in the future. Deadwood.[/quote]

Hilarious.

[/quote]Glad you enjoyed it.  [;)]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Whether it''s local protest groups .... residents associations.... neighbourhood watch groups ..... blah de blah, there are always those that feel the need to speak for others. This little group get the kudos of rubbing shoulders with their in-club ''betters'' ..... but basically do sod all other than preen.

I suspect no one would have seen any difference in the club''s past had they not existed..... and will see no difference in the future. Deadwood.
[/quote]

Hilarious.

[/quote]

Glad you enjoyed it.  [;)]
[/quote]

I always enjoy your little interventions. You''re actually funny, unlike your Jamaican Wannabee.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Whether it''s local protest groups .... residents associations.... neighbourhood watch groups ..... blah de blah, there are always those that feel the need to speak for others. This little group get the kudos of rubbing shoulders with their in-club ''betters'' ..... but basically do sod all other than preen.I suspect no one would have seen any difference in the club''s past had they not existed..... and will see no difference in the future. Deadwood.[/quote]

Hilarious.

[/quote]Glad you enjoyed it.  [;)][/quote]

I always enjoy your little interventions. You''re actually funny, unlike your Jamaican Wannabee.

[/quote]And still nobody has spotted the semantic similarities with "Mello Yello".

[quote user="LQ"]I''m gutted.Really.Gutted....

[/quote]At the loss of Tilly or the loss of your prawn sarnies as part of the waste of space whatever they were called(ooh look how important I am) group? Kicking somebody when they are down is about your level I suppose.Jog on love back to the official site where you belong,there''s a good girl.

Please don''t patronise me, Inch High.As one of those who pushed for the dramatic change in the "ohh look how important I am" group your first snipe is poorly directed and, secondly, I didn''t realise I was kicking someone when they were down. The statement simply said that the chairman had resigned because he felt NCISA needed "different leadership" to take it forward. No sorrow in that - or element of one not being able to comment.Last time I looked this was a public message board for anyone to post on. If the owners of this forum as me not to post on here I''ll listen but you have no right to suggest that I shouldn''t.

[quote user="Mr. Chops"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Hilarious.

[/quote]

Glad you enjoyed it.  [;)]
[/quote]

[/quote]
And still nobody has spotted the semantic similarities with "Mello Yello".
[/quote]

Pink''un Paranoia, at its finest....

[quote user="IncH_HigH "][quote user="LQ"]I''m gutted.Really.Gutted....

[/quote]At the loss of Tilly or the loss of your prawn sarnies as part of the waste of space whatever they were called(ooh look how important I am) group? Kicking somebody when they are down is about your level I suppose.Jog on love back to the official site where you belong,there''s a good girl.[/quote]As a retired copper... this would very much be his level too......It''s a bloody jobsworth group for Christ''s sake.... not a mountain rescue team!.