Sign in to follow this  
Mainline

St Pauli / Celtic song sung at Preston

Top marks to the geezer, that started (or tried numerous times) the St Pauli ''We Love You, We Love You'' song at Preston on Saturday.

I was joining in but unfortunately was a few rows away. Shame I was not next to you!

Nice to hear something new - so refreshing and just hope this will catch on! Its brilliant!

For those unaware of the words, here they are.

We love, we love you, we love,

And this is why we''ll follow, we''ll follow, we''ll follow,

Cos we support the Norwich, the Norwich, the Norwich,

And that’s the way we like it, we like it, we like it,

Oooooooooh, Ooooooooooooh

Oooooooooh, Ooooooooooooh!

To get a flavour of how its sung have a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj9aljzhFFM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kOVfPt9aC8&feature=related

I reckon there''s quite a few similarities between us and St Pauli much to the annoyance of Cluck and her purists.

So let''s sing it[Y]

Haha yeah that was me and my mates, aswell as the adam drury song :D Thats right people, adam drury now has a song. oh how we love, oh how we loveyour headerin, your headerinyour tackerlin, your tackerlinyour loyalty, your loyaltyooooooooooooooadam drury. adam adam drury, adam drury wheres the number 3adam drury. adam adam drury, adam drury your the one for me!Yarmy!!!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]This song is fast spreading around clubs now, I love it but it''s not particularly original anymore.
[/quote]

Yeah I know what you are saying.

But this song creates such a good vibe and sounds great too.

Think we should defiantly get this going on a regular basis.

It will certainly help boost the decibel levels at our games.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I reckon there''s quite a few similarities between us and St Pauli much to the annoyance of Cluck and her purists.

So let''s sing it[Y]

[/quote]

[Y] [Y]

St Pauli are an amazing club.

And we should sing it for sure.

Agreed, it was good and at first not many knew what it was, but it soon started to spread little by little.

Also creating original chants are nearly impossible, none have caught on that are original in years? They often copy tunes from other clubs, but this one that I think can catch on.

[quote user="adam26y"]Haha yeah that was me and my mates, aswell as the adam drury song :D

Thats right people, adam drury now has a song.

oh how we love, oh how we love
your headerin, your headerin
your tackerlin, your tackerlin
your loyalty, your loyalty
oooooooooooooo
adam drury. adam adam drury, adam drury wheres the number 3
adam drury. adam adam drury, adam drury your the one for me!

Yarmy!!!
[/quote]

Good on yer mate for getting that going. [Y]

Hopefully the more you do it the more people will join in.

Do you do many away games?

Love the Drury song too! Did you come up with the words?

And thinking about it how many years has it taken for someone to come up with a song for our longest serving player!  

I heard it at Donny and Preston.

Unfortunatly its probably 6 months too late! And it will be just another song every club sings!

I also really dont understand ''This is the best trip Ive ever been on'' Really? Donny on a Tuesday night? Preston?

I think its a great chant and would love it at Carrow, sadly the Jarrold isn''t much for joining in.....[:$]

Agreed, pleased we have finally got the St Paulli song going.

Also has anyone heard Liverpools song for Maxi Rodriguez to the tune of heartbeat, I think we should look through loads of old songs and make something really original like that as well in the same way we did with Safri.

My mate from work has been going on about Palace singing it for the last few months. Does sound good! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG576KWKmXU&feature=related

[quote user="Largey"]My mate from work has been going on about Palace singing it for the last few months. Does sound good! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG576KWKmXU&feature=related[/quote]

Palace were the first English club to do it .Why not get your own song?

Link here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92yVO3ZnXcU&feature=related

And here after about 4 minutes

Be honest anyone that starts copying now just looks a bit silly

[quote user="holmesdale fanatics"]No good at this LOL[/quote]We heard it at Preston, was a good effort, though couldn''t make out the words to join in..

Gotta say I find all this rather hilarious, this song is nothing new and The Holmesdale Fanatics here at Crystal Palace have been singing this for the past year and a half, and other clubs have been slowly picking up on it.

The things, from a Palace point of view, it is quite flattering that more and more teams seem to be following suit. Yes, the HF did pick it up from other sets of ultras/ supporters (Newcastle, Celtic, St Pauli), but other clubs in the Championship are also picking up on it, so this song is nothing new but is effective when it gets going. Just hope it makes other clubs to form sects of supporters or the formation of ultras at other clubs. The HF are proof that if they can create an atmosphere in the present soulless, all seater stadium culture then any set of fans can do so!!

I have a new song that I think we should sing to Stephen Fry at games (or at least an old song taken from Blackadder Goes Forth)...Row, row, row your punt..Gently down the stream,Belts off, trousers down...Isn''t life a scream???Uggggghhhh!!!Followed by there''s only one Lord Melchett!

Jon - I don''t think anyone has said this is anything new. As I said in the earlier in the thread we already have a totally original song. It is in fact the oldest known football song. And we are rightly proud of it.

You are certainly not original using the song either. But to be fair although you now associate it with Palace the rest of us only associate that old Dave Clark Five song "Glad All Over" with your club.

No wonder you feel the need to lay claim to a different tune[;)]