Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

tom adeyemi

My mates a Bradford City season ticket holder, goes home and away. Hes really not impressed. He said he played well the first game but hasnt since. Says his main problem is everytime he gets the ball he as to stop it and look up, rather than keep the ball moving.

However he also said no one had stood out and for a team that were tipped for promotion no one is playing well.

The lad needs a chance to get some gametime in, gettin used to playing regluar competitive football.  Just like Gibbs did when he came to us from Arsenal.

Just hope he gets some patience from Bradford and comes back a good player, cos it seems like he has potential.

[quote user="CDMullins"]My mates a Bradford City season ticket holder, goes home and away. Hes really not impressed. He said he played well the first game but hasnt since. Says his main problem is everytime he gets the ball he as to stop it and look up, rather than keep the ball moving. However he also said no one had stood out and for a team that were tipped for promotion no one is playing well.[/quote]

That''s a product of having a brain I suppose.

Maybe he should go and play in Spain or Germany then.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="CDMullins"]My mates a Bradford City season ticket holder, goes home and away. Hes really not impressed. He said he played well the first game but hasnt since. Says his main problem is everytime he gets the ball he as to stop it and look up, rather than keep the ball moving. However he also said no one had stood out and for a team that were tipped for promotion no one is playing well.[/quote]

That''s a product of having a brain I suppose.

Maybe he should go and play in Spain or Germany then.

[/quote]I''m surprised by this news, as I thought he used to train with Lee Croft and should therefore have learned a thing or two about "headless chicken time" being a sure-fire recipe for fan favouritism.

I looked the other week and he was an unused sub,which for a struggling League 2 team isn''t good!

Too much of a stroller and seriously lacking physically and in desire levels!

I know I''ll get shot down for this but the boys way over rated and I said the same thing about the Jarvis bros and look how they turned out!

[quote user="CanaryJames"]He only scored because Francomb''s playing for Barnet and our academy is a joke...we may as well shut it down![/quote]

I presume thats tongue in cheek?

Yes.

I really like the look of Francomb, and thought Adeyemi seemed potentially a very good player when he first broke through.

Hopefully both (as well as Dawkin/Daley/etc) can prove the worth of having an academy.

I agree Mr. Chops.

I really, really like Korey Smith, but I think Adeyemi''s got the potential to just go a little further. Both should be absolutely superb players though, and right now Smith has done brilliantly to get a head-start on his career.

With Taylor in charge and surprised they aint doing well. Yeh right!

Bradford can always call on the other bright sparks of the England set up past and present. eg Clemence ruined Rob Green.

I thank you

Adeyami is a supremely talented young lad, but I''ve seen no evidence to suggest he is or will be better than Korey.

The lad is 18 years old so he is still developing physically. He has scored 2 goals from midfield already this season in a side that has really struggled. Thats not a bad return surely particularly as it makes him their joint top scorer in all competitions. There is a good player there and I hope he continues to get a good run of games this season

I think we might have a decent crop, with Rudd/Steer (which one will be better though?), Francomb, Korey Smith, Adeyemi, Dawkin, possibly Daley...And them there are a couple more (the one from West Ham?) who are doing well with the Under 18s as well....

Hopefully all of these can break into the first team/squad in the next couple of seasons, giving us some of our own youngsters with potential, rather than loaning other clubs youngsters....

It''s nice to see optimism about more than one player from the Academy. Don''t remember a time previously where it was multiple youth players showing potential. Before it was one every few years. Nothing better than seeing youth come through the system!

[quote user="Jacko"]The lad is 18 years old so he is still developing physically. He has scored 2 goals from midfield already this season in a side that has really struggled. Thats not a bad return surely particularly as it makes him their joint top scorer in all competitions. There is a good player there and I hope he continues to get a good run of games this season[/quote]

With us in the Championship this season it made perfect sense to put young Adeyemi on loan in League One. A season in League One did Korey the world of good last year. I doubt if he would have been able to play half as many games for us if we had been in the Champs.

In my opinion Adeyemi has huge potential and was at the stage where he needed first team football or at least competetive football every week. This wasn''t possible with us in the Champs and we don''t have a reserve side so the options for him here were poor. I think Bradford under Peter Taylor was a good choice. I hope Taylor keeps his job and am more than happy for him to be part of young Tom''s developement as I''m sure Lambert is. Despite the disparaging remarks earlier in the thread Taylor knows a thing or two about the developement of young players having been trusted with country''s best young talent for two seperate 3 year spells.

I don''t think the comparisons with Korey Smith are fair. Korey is a year more advanced and is now a first team player on equal footing with the others. I am proud to see Korey Smith representing our club each and every time he wears the shirt. I am hoping that Tom Adeyemi has Koreys dedication and application and comes back to star in our first team. Because while Korey is now one of ours and always will be he was an Arsenal schoolboy while Tom Adeyemi is a Norwich schoolboy who has been with us since he was eight years old.

[quote user="El Choppo"]I still think Adeyemi will turn out to achieve more as a player than Korey Smith will.
[/quote]

Interesting point but it leads me to ask on what evidence? I''d like them to both do well; they are both very different players. I also like the fact that Adeyemi is obviously a bright chap and is the polar opposite of the cliched opinion formed of footballers and intelligence.

I have to say that I have''nt seen enough of Adeyemi to know what his long term prospects are but Lambert obviously has, otherwise he''d be in the squad. If you are good enough - you are old enough would be an adage used to negate any argument on ''how he needs time to develop physically, blah blah''. I think Korey will net us a decent fee if and when he moves.

[quote user="Jason Shackells limp Tackle"]

[quote user="El Choppo"]I still think Adeyemi will turn out to achieve more as a player than Korey Smith will.
[/quote]

Interesting point but it leads me to ask on what evidence? I''d like them to both do well; they are both very different players. I also like the fact that Adeyemi is obviously a bright chap and is the polar opposite of the cliched opinion formed of footballers and intelligence.

I have to say that I have''nt seen enough of Adeyemi to know what his long term prospects are but Lambert obviously has, otherwise he''d be in the squad. If you are good enough - you are old enough would be an adage used to negate any argument on ''how he needs time to develop physically, blah blah''. I think Korey will net us a decent fee if and when he moves.

[/quote]

Well I kind of agree we don''t have any evidence that Adeyemi will achieve more than Korey Smith. But as I said I believe the comparison is unfair. I doubt Korey would have nailed down a first team place had we been Championship last season but he benefitted greatly from doing just that in League One. Hopefully Adeyemi will hold down his place in League Two for Bradford.

With the lack of reserve team football there''s little point in keeping a youngster who is on the fringes of the first team squad. Much better to send them on loan and get them some first team pitch time. So I don''t think him being loaned out is a sign that lambert doesn''t rate his prospects.

Now are you gonna finally have a go at the Free Bet later this week Shack??