Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Season Pedictions

[quote user="Gingerpele"]us :D

I don''t know if there can really be a suprise now, because its almost becoming expected for one of the ''lesser'' teams (like Scunny, probably Pompey at this current time etc...) to do well....Us, Leeds and Millwall all coming up, are probably just as likely to get promotion as we are relegation (promotion seems more likely even at this early stage for us....)...and can QPR keep it up the whole season? it does happen somewhat, League One, season before last, Leicester and Pboro where top 2, for the vast majority of the season...In Spain, Barcelona top of the league for most of it, when we got into the Prem, we where first for whole second half of the season? or at least most of it....I expect Chelsea to stay on top of the Prem this season, only team i see are good enough is Arsenal, but they get far far too many injurys every season....

Can QPR carry on? Will Cardiff/Forrest/Boro play up to their reputation, will Hull and Burnley be as good as they where when they where promoted? Can Norwich/Leeds/Milwall get back to back promotions? Then you still have teams like Swansea, Doncaster, Coventry, Sheffield, Palace, Reading even Barnsley that can''t really be ignored.....Its far far to open to predict anything, and i think to say anyone getting promoted will be a surprise....(I think relegation will be a bigger surprise...I reckon one of the main promotion contenders (bookie wise), Forrest, Boro etc may end up near the bottom.....)[/quote]Wouldn''t it be great if the Premier League was as open as the Championship? Surely attendances at some of the "lesser" Premier clubs would increase, and we would be spared the depressing sight of vast blocks of empty seats on Match of the Day. At least when we had standing terraces, the crowd would spread out a bit, so a half empty ground still looked almost full.That first season of the Premier League (92-93) we were top until 6 games from the end of the season, and Leeds, who were reigning champions, avoided relegation by 2 points!! It just couldn''t happen now.

It is often the team that somehow'' comes together''. Grinds out results, get that exytra bit of luck and avoids a string of injuries.

That can be helped by a club that has the manager to push them that way, the backing/ability to bring in players where and if needed and the sometimes what I would term the surprise element - as witnessed by the clubs named above.

No one expected us to get promotion this tiem last season - in fact we were odds on be fighting relegation. Further into the season and we were thought to fade after an initial run of wins then once we had hit the top to then fold and slip back.

Take a good look at a few of the clubs in the Championship and see where that determination, managerial ability and club backing is together - that might point towards where you''ll find this seasons successful clubs.

1. QPR2. Cardiff3. Ipswich4. Watford5. Swansea6. BurnleyNorwich ~ 8/9th22. Bristol City23. Preston24. PortsmouthI don''t want us to get promoted this season, just survival as I believe our squad is good enough for the championship but nowhere near good enough for the premiership. I''m sure it will turn out much differently but I''m convinced Pompey will get relegated.

" just survival as I believe our squad is good enough for the championship "

That is quite ridiculous. The squad will change with better players coming in if we get promoted as we have this season. Finishing mid table will finish us. Any decent players will go and we will have to start again the following season with most likely lower season tiket sales and relegated clubs coming down with far more money.

As to the binners I suggest you are overlooking their parlous state. Running a wafer thin squad based around loanees and youths is no way to secure promotion. It is that parlous state that will lead to more sales come January - something Keane has already conceded.

As to your relegation predictions I would not be too surprised if they were the three to go down.

Sh!ty1st talking crap as usuall...There will be no sales in January...Keane has never conceded that...in fact, Clegg has already said that there will be money to spend in January...The loan system can work very well, check what Blackpool did last season....and our waffer thin squad aint doing to badly tonight is it? 8 changes from the side that started Saturday...For what it''s worth my prediction:QPRCardiffIpswichForestMiddlesbroughBurnleyIf Norwich stay clear of injurys then they might well be in and around the play-offs...Although it''s far to early to tell...

So your club is playing tonight, a few miles down the road, and not only are you not there but you are trawling another club''s forum .... what a tedious little saddo you are.

as you your usual twaddle, this time

"There will be no sales in January...Keane has never conceded that "

"“The club resisted, and rightly so, ............... But don’t say that might not change in January.”

Keane on Wickham

“If we receive an offer more than we value a player we will seriously consider it.I never like losing players, but I have to look at the big picture.

Keane on players

How come you weren''t watching Norwich in the cup tonight?? oh....Our wafer thin squad comes up with the goods again...

If Someone comes up with stupid money for a player then i dare say they might go...i would assume that would be pretty much the case for the majority of sides in this divison...Although if still in and around the top 6 come january, no one would be leaving...Wickham will go end of season, what would he gain leaving in January to sit in the reserves of a prem side?You forgot one quoteClegg "Evans will make money available in january"Perhaps if you take those green tinted specs off you might get an accuarte picture of the situation...

accurate picture, eh bin boy ?

remind us who claimed -

There was no bid for Wickham this summer

Walters cash had been spent on players

ipswich owe £25, not the £35m as the club states

McPhail was joining from Cardiff, as were Premiership players

that ITFC is NOT a separate entity

and even the dimmest bleat of all........... Norwich is three times bigger that ipswich

anyway I''ve finished work and I''m off, so I shall leave you to spend your sad little life still hanging around on another club''s forum

bye bye, saddo

Season Predictions......I predict that a state of the art creche will be opened just off the Prince of Wales and be aptly named the Pink Un, apparently it''s got a waiting list the length of Grant Holts.........wait for it..........driveway! gonna say 14th btw.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

Ipswich

QPR

Reading

Cardiff

Swansea

Portsmouth

Bristol city

Derby

Preston

[/quote]

I predicted Porsmouth would make they playoffs! No so crazy now is it!

[/quote]Going by yesterdays performance I''d be amazed if they made the play offs tbh.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

Ipswich

QPR

Reading

Cardiff

Swansea

Portsmouth

Bristol city

Derby

Preston

[/quote]

I predicted Porsmouth would make they playoffs! No so crazy now is it!

[/quote]
Going by yesterdays performance I''d be amazed if they made the play offs tbh.
[/quote]

Really, I thought yesterday was a very profesional performance from a good away side. They remained solid & soaked up early pressure before being in control & clinical second half. 

you also said Derby would get relegated, that sounds pretty crazy now.

most of us thought s cum would also make the play-offs mmmmmwwwwwwhaahaahhaaahaa