Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Season Pedictions

To be honest I thought Boro would do alot better by now so I don''t think they will come first like I first predicted. My top six would be:

1 QPR

2 Boro

3 Cardiff

4 Ipswich (sorry)

5 Notts Forrest

6 Doncaster (Norwich about 8th)

For relegation:

Scunthorpe

Preston

Millwall

And why do you rate Ipswich over Norwich? (not just on a supporting Norwich level...but on a team/manager level, i would have thought a lot of other teams fans (apart from Ipswich and Leeds) would probably rate Norwich above Ipswich.....)

[quote user="nevermind"]I do what about you?[/quote]I think there won''t be a worse team in the league this year than Portsmouth.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]And why do you rate Ipswich over Norwich? (not just on a supporting Norwich level...but on a team/manager level, i would have thought a lot of other teams fans (apart from Ipswich and Leeds) would probably rate Norwich above Ipswich.....)[/quote]

Although we''ve got a better manager they have got a few better players and also £ = player bonus

The nights will grow longer, the days colder and the leaves on the trees will turn russet shades and fall off.

Next will come winter, hopefully followed by an early spring.

Think QPR will drop away - its rare for a team to lead from start to finish - but think they''ll make the playoffs   

1) Cardiff
2) Burnley
3) Hull
4) QPR
5) Sheffield United
6) Keanes refuse collectors

Norwich - about 10th

22) Scunthorpe
23) Leicester
24) Preston

The paupers have neither the money nor the squad to make anything but a spirited relegation fight.

A fair number of other clubs have overspent and will be running on a far lesser squad than before. Witness how few of these surplus Premiership players have been brought into championship clubs.

With belt tiughtening all round clubs are going to be up against even further reductions in their spending, which will mean getting players to play out of position rather than bringing in cover.

In that light I would not rule out City to be amongst the samll group that breaks away at the top. The ease and speed in which they were able to bring in Barnett suggests not only the same determination to carry on as before the the means to do it.

Money will be very noticablre this season and with any number struggling with huge debts you can expect a fair number will simply cancel each other out.

I don''t think we will have such a great opportunity as we have now so hold onto your hats because I predict this is going to be another memorable season.

[quote user="Crofts'' Number 1 Fan"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

Ipswich

QPR

Reading

Cardiff

Swansea

Portsmouth

Bristol city

Derby

Preston

[/quote]

Get out, get out NOW

They still have very good players. They completely outplayed Sheff utd on saturday and were mightly unlucky to lose. A certain R.K did it a few years ago at sunderland after a terrible start.

This is by far the hardest league to predict. I''m not going to predict us to get into the play offs, just as I''m not going to predict teams getting into them over us... Fairytales do happen, though. [;)]

QPR and Ipswich top 2. Not sure about the reegation teams although Preston and Bristol City look vulnerable at the moment. Norwich top half. Most of our games have been very tight with the odd result slightly flattering us eg Swansea on the other hand Forrest away by all accounts could have been 3 points. It will be interesting to see how we do against the more fancied clubs eg QPR, Ipswich Middlesborough, cardiff. Some good results against these and maybe top 6 a poor run and top half only

1. QPR - a good manager with good players and plenty of cash as back up.

2. Cardiff - Again a good manager ..... and a certain Mr Bellamy

3. Burnley

4. Doncaster

5. Ipswich

6.Swansea

22. Derby

23. Portsmouth

24. Preston

It''s a toss up between Ferguson and Strachan who will leave their club first as both will greatly under achieve this season.

I think Cardiff and QPR will be the top two come the end of the season. Ippy have started brightly admittedly, but I just don''t think they''ve got quite enough in the tank compared to the other two sides. There''s no bias in that statement intended though. For the rest of the top six, you''re looking at Burnley and Boro as shoe ins. Boro have had a crap start, but so have a lot of teams who have eventually got themselves promoted. After that, it''s a real race for 5th/6th. It could be basically anyone not named Scunthorpe or Portsmouth.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]In this league you never know... What''s the point in trying to predict anything?[/quote]You could have won a lot of money predicting the promoted teams from the Championship the last 3 seasons. What sort of odds could you have had on an accumulator bet - Hull 2008, Burnley 2009 and Blackpool 2010?

Power Hamster, who would possibly think of choosing a team from the next 3 seasons to get promoted....and the bookies would probably give crap odds, because for all they know, Blackpool could be taken over in the next 2 years and buy Ronaldo.....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Power Hamster, who would possibly think of choosing a team from the next 3 seasons to get promoted....and the bookies would probably give crap odds, because for all they know, Blackpool could be taken over in the next 2 years and buy Ronaldo.....[/quote]Yes, of course I wouldn''t expect such an accumulator bet to actually exist, I was just making the point than the Championship has been throwing up totally unexpected promotion candidates in recent years. Who is it going to be this year?

us :D

I don''t know if there can really be a suprise now, because its almost becoming expected for one of the ''lesser'' teams (like Scunny, probably Pompey at this current time etc...) to do well....Us, Leeds and Millwall all coming up, are probably just as likely to get promotion as we are relegation (promotion seems more likely even at this early stage for us....)...and can QPR keep it up the whole season? it does happen somewhat, League One, season before last, Leicester and Pboro where top 2, for the vast majority of the season...In Spain, Barcelona top of the league for most of it, when we got into the Prem, we where first for whole second half of the season? or at least most of it....I expect Chelsea to stay on top of the Prem this season, only team i see are good enough is Arsenal, but they get far far too many injurys every season....

Can QPR carry on? Will Cardiff/Forrest/Boro play up to their reputation, will Hull and Burnley be as good as they where when they where promoted? Can Norwich/Leeds/Milwall get back to back promotions? Then you still have teams like Swansea, Doncaster, Coventry, Sheffield, Palace, Reading even Barnsley that can''t really be ignored.....Its far far to open to predict anything, and i think to say anyone getting promoted will be a surprise....(I think relegation will be a bigger surprise...I reckon one of the main promotion contenders (bookie wise), Forrest, Boro etc may end up near the bottom.....)