Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ascent

Jack Werndly

Missed that thread but noticed he scored for the reserves last night.

Have to say I am a little surprised that West Ham let him go as he seems to have a decent scoring record. The match reports I have seen also suggest he is quite a talent.

[quote user="city till i die"]Probably been said already but last season he was deemed good enough to go out on loan at just 16 but picked up a freak injury in training that gave him blood poisoning.[/quote]Unlikely as players need to have signed a professional contract before they can be sent out on loan and a player can''t sign a pro contract until they are 17.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="city till i die"]Probably been said already but last season he was deemed good enough to go out on loan at just 16 but picked up a freak injury in training that gave him blood poisoning.[/quote]Unlikely as players need to have signed a professional contract before they can be sent out on loan and a player can''t sign a pro contract until they are 17.[/quote]He went to Hitchin, if i remember correctly.

i just found this, from a rather bitter wet sham supporter.....

Jacko will do well,he could do very well.

As long as he is not too broken by having to leave.

THis lad will play for England in a World Cup, because he is a fighter,has ability and is always a winner.

[quote user="thirdlion v2"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="city till i die"]Probably been said already but last season he was deemed good enough to go out on loan at just 16 but picked up a freak injury in training that gave him blood poisoning.[/quote]Unlikely as players need to have signed a professional contract before they can be sent out on loan and a player can''t sign a pro contract until they are 17.[/quote]He went to Hitchin, if i remember correctly.[/quote]It was Histon, but you are correct about the loan. The rule probably only applies to League clubs, my bad.Although the registration was messed up and Histon were kicked out of the FA Trophy due to playing him.

[quote user="city till i die"]i just found this, from a rather bitter wet sham supporter.....

Jacko will do well,he could do very well.

As long as he is not too broken by having to leave.

THis lad will play for England in a World Cup, because he is a fighter,has ability and is always a winner.[/quote]Certainly impressive, but we must remember, sometimes even the grounded realism of your average West Ham supporter isn''t enough to go by.

The poor lad scores today for under 18s to win it against Portsmouth and ends up in hospital with a suspected broken collarbone, hurry back Jack.

[quote user="Twitchy"]The poor lad scores today for under 18s to win it against Portsmouth and ends up in hospital with a suspected broken collarbone, hurry back Jack.[/quote]And now we have our ''third'' horrific injury of the season at academy level already!I pray we don''t find ourselves losing a host of talents like we lost Renton. Sickening. It''s not fair either, surely it can''t be this unruly at youth level? Or must we accept that talent and potential means nothing until youngsters cross the battlefield that is youth level football?

Finally found a link to the Premier Academy League on the Portsmouth website. Looks tasty, very tasty indeed, not only in points and position, but in goal difference, where the next best are a poultry ''1'':http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/academy/academy-news--fixtures.aspx (click "All" on the left hand side to open up the whole league)In light of Pearce and a few other players comments from the Under 21''s about our youth in the games they played together, i''m holding out a lot of hope for the lads we have at the moment, even with as big a blow as losing Werndly is.

does anyone know how the academy league works. we have played, and beaten, everton,huddersfield and birmingham, but they are not listed in the league table, which appears regionalised.

From Foncy:

''The clubs with Under-18 sides in the Academy League are split into 4 Groups. The league season sees Norwich playing each club in their Group home and away, while other games are played against clubs from other groups (inter-conference games to use US jargon). The winners of each of the 4 groups go into semi-final play-offs in April.''

''With the game in injury time Werndly was dragged down in no uncertain

manner and with the City striker clearly in some trouble the referee Mr.

Tyne called time allowing the City medical staff to attend to him,

before the ambulance arrived''
From EDP

I am a firm believer that players with crap names will never a good footballer make so I''m afraid this lad will never make it.

If he was called Jacques Werndlinho on the other hand...

Just looking on the Canaries.co.uk site and the line up for tonight has a Werndly in the squad, is it Jack the lad back so quick or just his namesake, anybody know?

Cheers ctid, great to hear the lad is back will be great for his confidence to get some game time under his belt.