Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Why haven’t Norwich City had a decent cup run in recent seasons?

Because Norwich, and quite rightly so, treat then as reserve team games. The status, and the money, lies in doing well in the leauge standings.I would think that every fan believes that the most important game in the season to win is against local teams .....last  season Colchester, this season Ipswich.

Any way I have to pay again to watch a Cup game and even if I get my own seat I cannot guantee my regular neighbour and some fans can be pretty evil mouthed and disgusting with their gesticulations.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Err, because we keep getting knocked out ?[/quote]Ask a stupid question and you get a logical answer.Seriously though we haven''t had the best of luck with the draw in recent seasons.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Not sure about the kind draw thing Ricardo, does not explain away a 3-0 home defeat to Cheltenham in the League Cup in the 1st round, the following year we lost 1-0 away to Northampton in the 1st round!![/quote]As well as defeats to Brentford (twice), Bury, Oxford, Barnet and Port Vale all since the mid-90s....

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Not sure about the kind draw thing Ricardo, does not explain away a 3-0 home defeat to Cheltenham in the League Cup in the 1st round, the following year we lost 1-0 away to Northampton in the 1st round!![/quote]

As well as defeats to Brentford (twice), Bury, Oxford, Barnet and Port Vale all since the mid-90s....
[/quote]

What happened in the mid-90''s Pete?

''ass orl down to the wicked cook ''n'' her cohorts[:|]

Because it is more important for teams to to do well in the league - therefore successive managers have rested players for cup games- and if you don''t put your best team out you are likely to lose.That and the draws haven''t been kind to us of late. Having said that my thoughts are that if you are winning cup games - you keep the momentum going for the league.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

Because it is more important for teams to to do well in the league - therefore successive managers have rested players for cup games- and if you don''t put your best team out you are likely to lose.That and the draws haven''t been kind to us of late. Having said that my thoughts are that if you are winning cup games - you keep the momentum going for the league.

[/quote]See Leeds last year.

Whats the betting we now get to the FA Cup Q/Finals (or the "round of eight" as the media are now, irritatingly, referring to it as) this season?

We''ve been a decent cup team in the past, we will again.

We could get to the afore mentioned Q/F''s by winning in the 3rd round at somewhere like Barnet, then draws in the 4th and 5th round, at home, to, again, for example, Rotherham and Plymouth Argyle. We''d then be in the Q/Finals after winning three, lets face it, games we''d hope to win-yet that would be a "good cup run", well yes-it would, but only because of the draw, or luck of it.

If we then went out at that stage at home to Middesbrough, would it still have been a good cup run? Again, the stage of the competition we got to says it was, the games and results, and, ultimate defeat, suggest otherwise.

If we beat Man Utd at home in the 3rd round, then narrowly lost to Arsenal, a.e.t in a 4th round replay, both games live on TV, would that have been a "better" cup run, even though we still went out in the 4th round?