Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Preston tickets on sale - cheap!

Seats are priced at £5 for adults, under-16s £1 and under-8s free. With two family ticket offers at £6 (one adult and two under-16s) and £11 (two adults and two under-16s).

I guess preston are trying to get away fans to help increase their attendances after their dismal start to the championship.

Im still not confident going there we never win [n]

Interesting comments from the PNE chairman about having just reviewed (ie, lowered) their prices:

Speaking

about the decision to reduce the Category A prices Chairman Maurice

Lindsay said: "Making Portsmouth Category A was a mistake and I was

apprehensive about what the crowd would be. "The decision on prices was made before I came here so it is something I inherited. We

need to find a balance between the company needing money to stay afloat

with being realistic about what people can afford in the difficult

economic climate. We are also going to recategorise the

Middlesbrough game as it''s on December 28 and people are stretched in

the pocket at that time because of Christmas."All in all, no one

is going to be paying more than £29 for their seat. We will be among

the most competitive priced grounds in the Championship."

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Interesting comments from the PNE chairman about having just reviewed (ie, lowered) their prices:

Speaking about the decision to reduce the Category A prices Chairman Maurice Lindsay said: "Making Portsmouth Category A was a mistake and I was apprehensive about what the crowd would be. "The decision on prices was made before I came here so it is something I inherited. We need to find a balance between the company needing money to stay afloat with being realistic about what people can afford in the difficult economic climate. We are also going to recategorise the Middlesbrough game as it''s on December 28 and people are stretched in the pocket at that time because of Christmas.

"All in all, no one is going to be paying more than £29 for their seat. We will be among the most competitive priced grounds in the Championship."

[/quote]

well norwich fans aren''t and we are Very well supported [y]

Ordered two this morning, lovely ol'' Preston! I remember Stoke only charged £6 for the league game at The Brit in their promotion season, still didn''t sell out mind.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Interesting comments from the PNE chairman about having just reviewed (ie, lowered) their prices:

Speaking about the decision to reduce the Category A prices Chairman Maurice Lindsay said: "Making Portsmouth Category A was a mistake and I was apprehensive about what the crowd would be. "The decision on prices was made before I came here so it is something I inherited. We need to find a balance between the company needing money to stay afloat with being realistic about what people can afford in the difficult economic climate. We are also going to recategorise the Middlesbrough game as it''s on December 28 and people are stretched in the pocket at that time because of Christmas."All in all, no one is going to be paying more than £29 for their seat. We will be among the most competitive priced grounds in the Championship."

[/quote]

[/quote]Not true because NC sell seat tickets above £29.http://www.canaries.co.uk/staticFiles/87/53/0,,10355~152455,00.pdf

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Interesting comments from the PNE chairman about having just reviewed (ie, lowered) their prices:

Speaking about the decision to reduce the Category A prices Chairman Maurice Lindsay said: "Making Portsmouth Category A was a mistake and I was apprehensive about what the crowd would be. "The decision on prices was made before I came here so it is something I inherited. We need to find a balance between the company needing money to stay afloat with being realistic about what people can afford in the difficult economic climate. We are also going to recategorise the Middlesbrough game as it''s on December 28 and people are stretched in the pocket at that time because of Christmas."All in all, no one is going to be paying more than £29 for their seat. We will be among the most competitive priced grounds in the Championship."

[/quote]

[/quote]Not true because NC sell seat tickets above £29.http://www.canaries.co.uk/staticFiles/87/53/0,,10355~152455,00.pdf[/quote]Indeed. That £29 Preston price is for the best seats at their highest graded games.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Interesting comments from the PNE chairman about having just reviewed (ie, lowered) their prices:

[/quote]

[/quote]Not true because NC sell seat tickets above £29.http://www.canaries.co.uk/staticFiles/87/53/0,,10355~152455,00.pdf[/quote]I think he means seats at Deepdale, TC .......

I went there a couple of seasons ago when we lost 1-0. Would love to go, and the tickets are mega cheap, but it''s a bit far to go on my own [:(]

Train tickets are £110 for 2 adults :O jesus any one know how to get cheap train tickets?

[quote user="smiley"]Train tickets are £110 for 2 adults :O jesus any one know how to get cheap train tickets?[/quote]

In the same boat here. It''s just the cost of getting there that''s putting me off at the moment.

Try breaking the journey up in stages, so look for Norwich to cambridge return. Cambridge to Manchester return and Manchester to Preston return, or if that doesnt change much try looking at singles.

[quote user="ryan1992"]I went there a couple of seasons ago when we lost 1-0. Would love to go, and the tickets are mega cheap, but it''s a bit far to go on my own [:(][/quote]

im sure there must be a poster on here wil a free car seat, who would take you for a donation towards petrol?!

I do this journey a lot and it''s highly unlikely that you will find cheap advance train fares over the weekend. Definitely the quickest and cheapest way to do it would be to get 4 in a car but it''s a bit of a mission for the person driving. You could always make a weekend of it though and go out in Manc afterwards. I went a couple of seasons ago and Roger Munby was outside afterwards thanking everyone for coming... I didn''t tell him I only travelled half an hour :-)

last time I went there we were 4 nil down at half time and already contemplating the 6 hour drive through the night to get home. Fair to say, not been back since. Though good atmos for a smalll crowd.