Sign in to follow this  
woody11

Just a thought.

If we play like we did against Swansea will we win most games. I think we wouldn''t as we can''t afford to give a team that amount of chances in a game. Best thing about this is that we haven''t played well in our 3 league games apart from the 2nd half against scunny and we still have came away with 6 points out of 9.

[quote user="woody11"]If we play like we did against Swansea will we win most games. I think we wouldn''t as we can''t afford to give a team that amount of chances in a game. Best thing about this is that we haven''t played well in our 3 league games apart from the 2nd half against scunny and we still have came away with 6 points out of 9.[/quote]

I have to disagree with that, Swansea out played us and were just lacking a threat infront of goal. Other teams will come to CR with a goal scorer and will make us pay if we play like the swansea game. But on the other hand no one really had a good game appart from ward (i suppose ruddy for the penalty save) and they can only improve.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="woody11"]If we play like we did against Swansea will we win most games. I think we wouldn''t as we can''t afford to give a team that amount of chances in a game. Best thing about this is that we haven''t played well in our 3 league games apart from the 2nd half against scunny and we still have came away with 6 points out of 9.[/quote]

I have to disagree with that, Swansea out played us and were just lacking a threat infront of goal. Other teams will come to CR with a goal scorer and will make us pay if we play like the swansea game. But on the other hand no one really had a good game appart from ward (i suppose ruddy for the penalty save) and they can only improve.

[/quote][^o)]..... Read on from the first sentence Banana (and make sure you read the first one properly!).

[quote user="John"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

[^o)]

..... Read on from the first sentence Banana (and make sure you read the first one properly!).
[/quote]Yeah, If we play like we did vs swansea we will win most game - no we will not.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]I''m not sure I agree with either of you.  Swansea had a lot of the ball and if they''d had a goalscorer then I think we would have probably not beaten them.  The good thing is that we''re still improving as a team.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="John"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote][^o)]..... Read on from the first sentence Banana (and make sure you read the first one properly!).[/quote]Yeah, If we play like we did vs swansea we will win most game - no we will not.[/quote]Granted, a question mark wouldn''t go amiss in the original post, but moments like these....

blank_facepalm_224.gif FacePalm image by Spicerack1

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]I''m not sure I agree with either of you.  Swansea had a lot of the ball and if they''d had a goalscorer then I think we would have probably not beaten them.  The good thing is that we''re still improving as a team.[/quote]What i think all 3 of you are forgetting is that if Swansea had a goalscorer...

[quote user="John"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]I''m not sure I agree with either of you.  Swansea had a lot of the ball and if they''d had a goalscorer then I think we would have probably not beaten them.  The good thing is that we''re still improving as a team.[/quote]What i think all 3 of you are forgetting is that if Swansea had a goalscorer...[/quote]I''m sorry, John, I can''t agree with you on this.  The point I''m making is Swansea had nobody who could put the ball into the net.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="John"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]I''m not sure I agree with either of you.  Swansea had a lot of the ball and if they''d had a goalscorer then I think we would have probably not beaten them.  The good thing is that we''re still improving as a team.[/quote]What i think all 3 of you are forgetting is that if Swansea had a goalscorer...[/quote]I''m sorry, John, I can''t agree with you on this.  The point I''m making is Swansea had nobody who could put the ball into the net.[/quote]I''m afraid we''re going to have to agree to differ on this Chops, because i can''t see us settling this amicably. Facts are if Swansea had someone who could fire one into the net we would of struggled, and i''m sticking by that judgement.

[quote user="John"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="John"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]I''m not sure I agree with either of you.  Swansea had a lot of the ball and if they''d had a goalscorer then I think we would have probably not beaten them.  The good thing is that we''re still improving as a team.[/quote]What i think all 3 of you are forgetting is that if Swansea had a goalscorer...[/quote]I''m sorry, John, I can''t agree with you on this.  The point I''m making is Swansea had nobody who could put the ball into the net.[/quote]I''m afraid we''re going to have to agree to differ on this Chops, because i can''t see us settling this amicably. Facts are if Swansea had someone who could fire one into the net we would of struggled, and i''m sticking by that judgement.[/quote]I''m trying to be magnanimous here, so I think we should let our differences lie, but I can''t for the life of me understand why you won''t accept that if Swansea had a natural goalscorer then I doubt we''d have won the game on Saturday.

My God! I thought I should take a quick look at the board, as you do, and unfortunately this was the first thread I read.

Oi cants takes no more

Cheeeriooo

Having watched an admittedly small sample of Championship football this season my take away thoughts were that Swansea are a top quality side and will be in the top 6. I don''t think they will concede many. 

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="John"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="John"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]I''m not sure I agree with either of you.  Swansea had a lot of the ball and if they''d had a goalscorer then I think we would have probably not beaten them.  The good thing is that we''re still improving as a team.[/quote]What i think all 3 of you are forgetting is that if Swansea had a goalscorer...[/quote]I''m sorry, John, I can''t agree with you on this.  The point I''m making is Swansea had nobody who could put the ball into the net.[/quote]I''m afraid we''re going to have to agree to differ on this Chops, because i can''t see us settling this amicably. Facts are if Swansea had someone who could fire one into the net we would of struggled, and i''m sticking by that judgement.[/quote]I''m trying to be magnanimous here, so I think we should let our differences lie, but I can''t for the life of me understand why you won''t accept that if Swansea had a natural goalscorer then I doubt we''d have won the game on Saturday.[/quote][:D]

Swansea are similar to how they were last season. In and around the top 6, don''t score many, don''t concede many. On a different day the game would have finished 0-0 as our 1st goal came out of no-where.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="John"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="John"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]I''m not sure I agree with either of you.  Swansea had a lot of the ball and if they''d had a goalscorer then I think we would have probably not beaten them.  The good thing is that we''re still improving as a team.[/quote]What i think all 3 of you are forgetting is that if Swansea had a goalscorer...[/quote]I''m sorry, John, I can''t agree with you on this.  The point I''m making is Swansea had nobody who could put the ball into the net.[/quote]I''m afraid we''re going to have to agree to differ on this Chops, because i can''t see us settling this amicably. Facts are if Swansea had someone who could fire one into the net we would of struggled, and i''m sticking by that judgement.[/quote]I''m trying to be magnanimous here, so I think we should let our differences lie, but I can''t for the life of me understand why you won''t accept that if Swansea had a natural goalscorer then I doubt we''d have won the game on Saturday.[/quote]Guys, guys -can''t you just agree not to disagree?Some people ...

Banana that''s what I said :) just need to read all of it. I think we can''t afford to give teams that many chances in a game and if we did we would get punished in this league.

[IMG]http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://kareycycling.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/squashed-banana.jpg%3Fw%3D300%26h%3D217&imgrefurl=http://kareycycling.wordpress.com/2009/05/27/&usg=__-5qX77erlNEddrLoxztCh-RShng=&h=217&w=300&sz=7&hl=en&start=36&zoom=1&tbnid=gDqN1aWpOFuRHM:&tbnh=144&tbnw=171&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsquashed%2Bbanana%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D619%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C973&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=171&ei=LP12TOSoL5bKjAeei72uBg&oei=If12TMmNG-KIOKyG6N8F&esq=3&page=3&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:36&tx=2&ty=59&biw=1280&bih=619[/IMG]

To be honest Swansea could and should have got atleast 1 goal, but as they say goals win games and we was lucky enough to get 2.It took us til last 10 mins to get one, so after seeing them play, they will not concede many and i can see them up there at the end, but i see us above them.Thing is we took our chances, they didnt !!!