Sign in to follow this  
anothatracksuitmanager

lambert to villa?

Bodog will be closely monitoring affairs at Aston Villa after one of the more dramatic price cuts in recent next manager betting history.

That''s because the firm have laid Norwich boss Paul Lambert at 100/1 this week – and the Scot is now trading as short as 9/2 with some firms.

"That’ll be some coup if Lambert lands it, we were 100/1 when he was 33s and 25s in other places," said Bodog’s Nick Gray.

"We are currently 9/1 and if we start seeing serious money for that we’ll start fearing the worst!"

scary prospect, hope villa win tonight at the weekend and forget about lambert

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Dear god how many times do they need to be told he loves it at NCFC and won''t be going anywhere[/quote]

Even if he does I don''t think he''d turn down the Villa job. Put yourself in his situation and would you turn it down?

Saying that I don''t think he''ll be offered the job

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Dear god how many times do they need to be told he loves it at NCFC and won''t be going anywhere[/quote]

I know Connie.  It''s flipping frustrating that you have to tell people on here something more than once before they get it right.[:@]

whose they? and lambert might love it here but I think it would be tough for any manager to turn down villa. I''m not liking lambert to every job going but we have to be realistic villa are a much more attractive management option than norwich now and for the forseeable future.20/1 on betfair (couldn''t check because I was at work) that makes me feel better maybe this bookie just had liabilities they need to cover.

Villa want to  be a top four club. However much we rate Lambert his CV involves a Carling Cup semi final and a Division Three title, which hardly compares to some of the other candidates. Bradley would be my guess.

He''s a decent manager and it is just a matter of time.......Easy enough to find an excuse to go.... and go he will when it suits him.

Can''t see it happening, far to soon for Lambert to even consider managing in the prem when he''s hardly managed above League 1. Them odds mean bugger all, seem to remember that Roeder wasn''t even in the top five in the betting when he got the job here.

And now Villa have been dumped out of Europe into the bargain!.

Time for fresh, young blood in the management and coaching areas one suspects.

Randy Lerner knows his stuff.

Biting of nails time? Don''t rule it out.

OTBC 

Villa are on of the country''s biggest clubs, certainly bigger than the likes of Spurs, Chelsea, Newcastle, Leeds etc. They''re looking to get into the CL, they''re not gonna plump for a manager who as Beau said has a Carling Cup semi final and a League 1 title as his biggest acheivements.

I reckon it could happen. For me, Villa would not be beyond looking for an O''Neill alike, but a bit more compliant. I think Lambert would fit the bill nicely. And frankly Lambert has more experience than Bob Bradley does, doesn''t he?

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/aston-villa-specials/next-permanent-manager

Bob Bradley is hot favorite, but Paul Lambert has been backed today, (odds in blue shortening, in pink drifting)

PL is as short as 6/1, best odds 16/1.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]And frankly Lambert has more experience than Bob Bradley does, doesn''t he?[/quote]Bob Bradley:

Teams managed
YearsTeam
1981–1983Ohio University
1983-1984University of Virginia (assistant)
1984–1995Princeton University
1996United States U-23 (assistant)
1996–1997D.C. United (assistant)
1998–2002Chicago Fire
2003–2005MetroStars
2006Chivas USA
2006–2007United States U-23
2006–United States