Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

"WOBBLING WEST BROM!"

Ok, so the "Boing!" "Boing!" baggies suffered an unusual shocking defeat today. I for one was surprised, that "Old Meggers" didn''t get something out of their clash, against Ronaldo Moore''s ale swilling, flat cap and pit boot wearing whippet racers. Not that I am complaining though.....

Worst Brom aren''t our immediate threat. I think that Wigan are this years dark horses, and they will be there pressing & chasing our tail come May.

Like many others, I thought Slumberland AFC, were the team likely to catch us toward the end of the season. Unfortunately, they have accumulated a backlog of fixtures [+ an FA Cup run]. Which I personally feel will be too much for them. So I think a play-off spot is possibly theirs for the taking.

We must beat West Brom on Tuesday, and should give Ipswing Trowel a good a good kick up the "Sheepshanks" on Sunday. Therefore, decent results after those two games should confirm our destiny.

BUT! "Beware Athletic Wigan!!!".

"Anyone have any constructive thoughts or comments regarding the above?".

Don''t be so complacent about West Brom. By all accounts they dominated large parts of yesterday''s game and were unlucky not to get at least a point. It''s hard not to, I know, but all this concern about what the clubs behind us are doing, or might do, is the equivalent of a runner looking back over his shoulder every five seconds.
Having said that, there often seems to be one team near the top for whom the wheels fall off during the final run in - I just hope it''s not going to be us!!

I tipped Wigan a few weeks ago on a previous thread Mellow Yellow, you''re dead right on this I''m afraid, our game with them is going to take on a air of biblical proportions, although they have some pretty stiff games coming up as well I might add, ie. West Brom as well as facing us.

i for one think as i said in my thread. if we can beat wba on tuesday, and if you like give the ip---t a good 3-4-niller we will be all but home and dry.

I just can''t see Wigan lasting. The only team that i think will be there or there abouts come May are West Ham. I think the fact that we have now been top of the league for over two months says alot about where this football club is now. Like you say if we can get three points from each of the next two games they will be massive points. As regards the stadium os sh**e fiasco, it certianly had it''s advantages. with five or six of our players being one yellow card away from surspension they are now wiped clean, and who knows what little tricks Worthy has up his sleeve as regards loan signings. The re-arranging of the fixture is going to suit us better than them with thier fixtures building up. Our destiny is in our own hands having to play 2nd, 3rd, 4th, all at home. OTBC

Good points Mellow, and some great names for people/teams too! I too was pretty suprised about the result at the Hawthorns although not completely shocked. I think a lot of clubs rate Rotherham with Crewe and Walsall. I have to say I rate them some what higher than that. Just because they have a rubbish ground with not very many (ok no!) well known players, doesn''t mean they can''t cause an upset. Ronnie Moore has got them organised really well and I think they will be realistically looking at top half. The only worry after yesterday would be that West Brom will be really fired up for the clash on Tuesday. I''d hope that we would be equally fired up as we don''t need much more incentive than moving 6 (yes count them all those Binners out there SIX) points clear at the top, with a game in hand! It''s almost orgasmic when you put it like that isn''t it!

Wigan are looking pretty damn strong I have to admit. They''ve spent a lot of money but they have bought a lot of quality, especially up front. I can''t see them catching West Brom though. I don''t think WBA will drop enough points to be caught. Oh well, who cares! We''re going up as champions, that''s all that matters!

Otbc

Steady on DD!, its only football, but orgasmic thats something else, oh, I don''t know maybe it is come to think of it, yes, yes, YES YES YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Sorry could''nt resist that. Wheres me fags?.