Team for Forest....

Not seen a thread started for this yet,

My pick is

Ruddy

Martin - Ward  - JBA - Drury

Crofts - Smith - Surman - Hoolahan

Martin - Holt

Subs - Rudd - Lappin - Fox - Jackson - Johnson - Barnett - McNamee

There was one earlier in the week, but anywho...

Ruddy

Martin   Ward   Barnett   Drury

Crofts

Smith            Surman

Hoolahan

Holt   Martin

Subs: Rudd, Askou, Hughes, Lappin, McNamee, Johnson, Jackson

I know it won''t be this and we will go with the diamond but would like to see this formation against one of the tougher teams away;

Ruddy

Martin    Ward    Askou    Drury

Crofts     Fox

Surman    Hoolahan    McNamee

Holt

Lots of pace and creativity for counter attacking with a strong spine.

[quote user="Mushroom"]

Ruddy

Crofts

Smith            Surman

Hoolahan

Holt   Martin

[/quote]

I would ot understand it if Barnett started. Askou has done nothing wrong to suggest that he will not play and if he is not selected then we may as well say goodbye to him

I think the only team change being considered from last Saturday would be Nelson''s replacement. I hope it''s JBA if not as has been said elsewhere we might as well sell him.

Davo

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

I know it won''t be this and we will go with the diamond but would like to see this formation against one of the tougher teams away;

Ruddy

Crofts     Fox

Holt

[/quote]

I like the look of this. The only change I would make is Smith for Fox.

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

Ruddy

Crofts     Fox

Holt

[/quote]

I hope Lambert sticks to the diamond formation. I know it was league 1 but we went to some tough places last year like Leeds and proved we are capable of controlling games with that formation. Despite accusations that Wes is a bit of a luxury player he actually does work hard when it comes to defending and does track back. So defensively we should be ok. If I had one criticism of last week it would be that I would like to see our forwards defend from the front a little more. I felt Martin and Holty worked the channels well but were a little slow to close defenders down. But I am not one of the Chris Martin is lazy brigade. He is a fantastic player.

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"][quote user="Mushroom"]

Ruddy

Crofts

Smith            Surman

Hoolahan

Holt   Martin

[/quote]

I would ot understand it if Barnett started. Askou has done nothing wrong to suggest that he will not play and if he is not selected then we may as well say goodbye to him

[/quote]

Why wouldn''t you understand it?

The manager will just pick the player he feels is best equipped to do the job.

Askou played 22 times in League 1 last year and has come on as sub a couple of times this season. He''s done alright for us, but no more than that. Whereas Barnett is considerably more experienced in English football and at this level.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Butterbean_Canary"][quote user="Mushroom"]

Ruddy

Crofts

Smith            Surman

Hoolahan

Holt   Martin

[/quote]

[/quote]

Askou played 22 times in League 1 last year and has come on as sub a couple of times this season. He''s done alright for us, but no more than that. Whereas Barnett is considerably more experienced in English football and at this level.

[/quote]

I just feel it would not be good for morale in the team. Askou has been here for long enough to warrant a start imo. 

''He has done alright for us'' - What has he done wrong? From what I have read (only thing I have to base it on) Barnett can be clumsey and plays hot and cold,

For me Askou has to play

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Butterbean_Canary"][quote user="Mushroom"]

Ruddy

Crofts

Smith            Surman

Hoolahan

Holt   Martin

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I just feel it would not be good for morale in the team. Askou has been here for long enough to warrant a start imo. 

''He has done alright for us'' - What has he done wrong? From what I have read (only thing I have to base it on) Barnett can be clumsey and plays hot and cold,

For me Askou has to play

[/quote]

Forgot to add in lambert I trust. So who ever he goes with, it must be the best for NCFC

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Butterbean_Canary"][quote user="Mushroom"]

Ruddy

Crofts

Smith            Surman

Hoolahan

Holt   Martin

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

For me Askou has to play

[/quote]

But you can''t always please everyone and surely if the players think the manager is just picking who he believes to be the best player for the position then that''s the fairest way to do it.

Exactly, he''s done alright. He hasn''t done much wrong but at the same time he hasn''t been spectacular. It''s not been a case of "bloody hell, this guy can play, we''ll struggle to keep hold of him".

He competes, he heads the ball well but he''s not particularly quick, he doesn''t always get his positioning right and he''s nothing special on the ball.

Chris Gunter is suspended, so is it worth maybe throwing on Mcnamee down the left to dominate their second choice right back, who my Forest supporting mate reckons is pretty bad?

[quote user="Wooftie"]Chris Gunter is suspended, so is it worth maybe throwing on Mcnamee down the left to dominate their second choice right back, who my Forest supporting mate reckons is pretty bad?[/quote]It was James Perch but as he''s gone I guess they''ll play Luke Chambers who is primarily a centre back but played at right back a lot under Calderwood, not the greatest player.

Ruddy

R Martin barnett ward Drury

Mcnamee crofts smith c Martin

Holt jackson

Subs: rudd, Askou, lappin, surman, fox, Hoolahan, dawkin

When we sign a premiership defender we don''t put him on the bench over a league one centre back.

The only question seems to be who partners Ward. Will it be Askou, who played so well for PL until mid-season injury last season, or Barnett who has already played several games with Ward while on loan Coventry last season.

It''s a close one. Neither has played much football this season. Bearing in mind Earnshaw''s pace, Barnett may just shade it if he is quicker than Askou.

There is a question of who starts up front with Holt. I expect Martin to do so, with Jackson coming on as an impact sub.

Surman, Crofts and Korey seem to have the first three midfield places.

After a poor game could Hooly have a rest, with either Macnamee or Fox coming in? I think not, at the start anyway, and I expect Hooly to start.

Just because he''s a ''premiership'' (he''s not much more of a premiership player than Surman.....), doesn''t mean he has to play....IF he has been training with us since the beginning of the weak (which he hasn''t he played for WBA on Tuesday didn''t he?), then maybe he should be in the team, but i don''t see why/how a new player with a day or two training with a team, can/should be thrown straight into the first team, and if he does, as soon as Nelson and Whitbread are fit (if Whitbread is ever fit), we should release Askou, because he is obviously know where near good enough if he can''t get in the team, and we are just holding him back.....

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Unless Barnett is not totally fit he must surely play he is a premiership defender.[/quote]

So was the Doc (cough cough)