Sign in to follow this  
wrathsajoke

no away pub

Hooter''s in rubbish, i''ll be in the Bell for my sausage and mash lunch, a proper pub.

Do you know of anywhere close to the train station the Marty? I don''t really know Nottingham that well, despite a few nights out there...  With the ground being right next to the station, I''d assume something would be close?

It''s right next to it mate lol, you turn right, walk over the road, and then there is a river and notts counts ground, then it''s just behind that.. About 10 mins max

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]where are you clowns drinking tomorrow?[/quote]

I see you''re not too popular on the WOTB either where your user name is Selwyn !!

Vat and Fiddle? Near the station and has real ale...http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/26/2652/Vat_and_Fiddle/Nottingham

Ground is a 10-15min walk from the station in 1 direction with the city centre a 5 minute walk in the other direction with loads of bars/pubs. I''d recommend going into the city because the bars around the ground are usually absolutely packed, especially Hooters and the South Bank bar which won''t allow away supporters.

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]was told to turn left n left again n walk 3/4 of a mile![/quote]lol it''s all signposted. You can''t miss it, you go onto the main road and it''s on your right straight infront of you basically.

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]yes im selwyn-yes im a wind up merchant but not a bad bloke really lol city till i die[/quote]Behave like a cock, and people will treat you accordingly.Lesson to learn there maybe?

[quote user="Adam NCFC"][quote user="wrathsajoke"]was told to turn left n left again n walk 3/4 of a mile![/quote]

lol it''s all signposted. You can''t miss it, you go onto the main road,don''t look left or right[Y][/quote]

I think this is the place that I have used on previous visits to the City Ground, not sure if it is still there though?Trent Bridge InnFor many years Trent Bridge was the only bridge across the river for miles, and as Nottingham was surrounded by walls and closed to travellers at night, an inn was a necessity. Isn''t that a fantastic excuse for building a pub? William

Clarke, the first captain and self-appointed manager of the Nottingham

First Eleven, married the landlady of Trent Bridge Inn (a Mrs. Chapman -

Mrs.? married before? in those days?!) in December 1837, he soon turned

the adjoining ten acres of meadowland into a cricket pitch, and

arranged for matches to be played here, instead of the Forest Recreation

Ground in the city. The club bought the freehold of both the ground and the inn in 1919, and then sold the pub to a brewery for the same amount. An appeal on the 150th anniversary of Trent Bridge in 1988 raised the money to build a new stand in front of the inn and upon its completion in 1990, it was named in his honour.http://www.footballgroundguide.com/nottingham_forest/ The Rowing Club on the banks of The Trent sounds good and The Stratford Haven too.

now in nottingham inlaws live here, they said that notts county is open for away fans until 2.30pm, if not the ground there are hardly any aways pubs round here