Sign in to follow this  
General Melchett

Dion Dublin

Can anyone think of a class act like Dion Dublin with Premiership experience who can play centre half and centre forward with a season or two left in the tank. Surely that kind of experience and target man cover for Grant Holt would be invaluable to us this season.

[quote user="General Melchett"]Can anyone think of a class act like Dion Dublin with Premiership experience who can play centre half and centre forward with a season or two left in the tank. Surely that kind of experience and target man cover for Grant Holt would be invaluable to us this season.[/quote]

Chris Sutton.

I think you may be right, whether it''s a good or a bad thing for the game I have no idea but I really doubt there are many, if any, players out there who fits into the same category as Dion Dublin.

If only we had gpt the chance to sign Dublin for the Premiership season, to strike a partnership up front with Hucks or Deano, or to shore up the defence when required.

[quote user="General Melchett"]Can anyone think of a class act like Dion Dublin with Premiership experience who can play centre half and centre forward with a season or two left in the tank. Surely that kind of experience and target man cover for Grant Holt would be invaluable to us this season.[/quote]

I suppose the answer to your question is 32 years old Emile Heskey who oddly enough scored his first league goal agains Norwich City. I am not sure he has ever played centre half but he has alway been happy to pass the ball about by all accounts.

[quote user="Bobert"]

I suppose the answer to your question is 32 years old Emile Heskey who oddly enough scored his first league goal agains Norwich City. I am not sure he has ever played centre half but he has alway been happy to pass the ball about by all accounts.

[/quote]Whether one is a Heskey fan or not, you cannot deny Dublin was far more impressive in the goal department.I personally don''t think Heskey is half the player Dion was, and their respective international caps are both criminal for very different reasons.

[quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]I vaguely remember Heskey throwing a hissy fit not so long ago when asked to play at CB to cover for injuries in the squad. I would feel much more confident with the team playing against him rather than him playing for us.

[quote user="Lincs CR"]I think you may be right, whether it''s a good or a bad thing for the game I have no idea but I really doubt there are many, if any, players out there who fits into the same category as Dion Dublin.[/quote]

It''s criminal the way he was booted out as a young lad, with the lable (he''s not good enought). 

He is pretty rare as a player. You don''t get many pros like him, Ryan Giggs or Paul Scholes. I remember Worthy getting absolutely hammered for not signing him but it turned out to be a supreb legacy. If he had signed Chris Sutton as well, we would have had one hell of a spine in that team.