Sign in to follow this  
zak123

Lack of 'On the ball City' at matches!

Obviously we have it at the start of every match, but it seems the amount we fans sing the song has gone down dramatically, i cant remember the last time it was sung at Carrow Road after the start of the match! Fans seems like they just want to sing bullsh*t songs now about the inter-stand rivalry.

Well our lot go to nearly all away games as well at home of course. I think it''s sung far too much and much prefer other chants, particularly some of the spontaneous ones that come along now and then.

OTBC is a famous and historic song but for me it is not particularly attractive. I wish we had a more aggressive anthem but then I''m a miserable old git who also hates the name Canaries

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Well our lot go to nearly all away games as well at home of course. I think it''s sung far too much and much prefer other chants, particularly some of the spontaneous ones that come along now and then.

OTBC is a famous and historic song but for me it is not particularly attractive. I wish we had a more aggressive anthem but then I''m a miserable old git who also hates the name Canaries[/quote]I''m with you on that,  I often stand at games thinking it would be nice if we sung some different songs. Quite a few of the songs are quite cringeworthy especially the ones directed at the Barclay from the snakepit and vice versa. 

There''s a good reson for it to be honest. Stewards! I used to be one(god knows why) and in the Barclay last saturday the stewarse near block D was telling people to sit during a song all day.

I think we sing it far to often at away matches, at Scunny a couple of weeks ago we had sung it 5 times before the match even kicked off, its like we''ve only got one song!!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Well our lot go to nearly all away games as well at home of course. I think it''s sung far too much and much prefer other chants, particularly some of the spontaneous ones that come along now and then. OTBC is a famous and historic song but for me it is not particularly attractive. I wish we had a more aggressive anthem but then I''m a miserable old git who also hates the name Canaries[/quote]

Unfortunately too many people sing it half-heartedly and too fast now.  When it`s sung a bit slower and with full-throated passion it`s one of the most spine-tingling things i`ve ever witnessed. 

Agree about the Canaries though- just asking to be patronised really!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Well our lot go to nearly all away games as well at home of course. I think it''s sung far too much and much prefer other chants, particularly some of the spontaneous ones that come along now and then.

OTBC is a famous and historic song but for me it is not particularly attractive. I wish we had a more aggressive anthem but then I''m a miserable old git who also hates the name Canaries[/quote]What would you prefer? The hummingbirds perhaps?