Sign in to follow this  
Alan

Worthington and hendo

I think the situation with Hendo has not been helped by Worthington throwing Henderson in at the deep end and out of position. There were other players who should have been brought on before Henderson on Saturday. Henderson should be loaned out to a club in a lower division where he can gain experience and hone his trade before he is brought on in a must win premiership match.

Agreed, the complaints on Saturday were not Hendo''s fault as he has to do what is asked. But nobody could understand why we had him out of position when we had Paul McVeigh and Mulryne both available in a game we needed to win.

Couldn''t agree more, Alan. Henderson didn''t look a bad player when he came on against Blackburn, but it was completely bad timing and wrong postioning. Mulryne should definitely have been brought on. I think the occasion was too great for Henderson and, unfortunately, we paid the price.

It''s an old Worthy tactic. He knows it''s not really Hendo being booed, but the decision to play him. He''s just deflecting attention from himself. He''s right though, it''s not fair to boo him but he can hardly blame us for groaning when the ball''s given away (especially when we should be cruising it against ten men...). It''s only a natural reaction!

[quote]Couldn''t agree more, Alan. Henderson didn''t look a bad player when he came on against Blackburn, but it was completely bad timing and wrong postioning. Mulryne should definitely have been brought on. ...[/quote]

You cant possibly blame Henderson for the result??

[quote]It''s an old Worthy tactic. He knows it''s not really Hendo being booed, but the decision to play him. He''s just deflecting attention from himself. He''s right though, it''s not fair to boo him but he can...[/quote]

With respect Sire: If it was Worthy''s plan to deflect our attention off himself, then judging by these boards this week, it ain''t worked, yes?.

At the end of the day he''s the manager, and the buck stops with him.

I keep hearing from these boards how "right-wing isn''t Hendo''s position and thats why he''s playing rubbish" well the management have only ever played him on the right hand side of midfield so thats obviously where they see him playing, if they thought he was a striker they would have played him there by now.

Just because he''s played up-front in the youth team that doesn''t mean that is where he will/should play for his professional career. Ashley Cole was Arsenal''s star striker in their youth team and he''s ended up at left back.

I''ve said it before and I''ll say it again, Hendo is not even close to being good enough for Norwich City. End of story. Stop keep making excuses about positions or his age, or the fact the crowd get on his back. There is a reason the crowd get on his back and I think I know what it is...

And there''s a reason people with sense get p*ssed off with the crowd getting on Hendo''s back -

I think I know why that is....

because it DOESN''T HELP.

Quote : You cant possibly blame Henderson for the result??

No, I am not blaming Henderson for the result. I think it was the wrong substitution to make. 1-0 up, against 10 men, should have put Mulryne on to help hold the ball until the final whistle.

I think the Wiz is right.  Nige has got to take responsibility.  However, it is beyond me why Worthy is persisting with Hendo on the right?  It''s obviously not his favourite position as I haven''t seen him play a good game there for ages.

"I think the occasion was too great for Henderson and, unfortunately, we paid the price." And what''s that if it''s not blaming Henderson for the Blackburn goal, Jenny?

Worthy''s intention was absolutely right - to keep playing attacking football, not disrupt things by changing the formation, because he knows that the way to concede a goal is by trying to defend. And that''s how it turned out. To say that Mulryne would have ensured that we kept possession for 45 minutes is silly, and we would only have to lose possession once for the same defensive cock-up to occur.

Hendo''s not as good as a lot of people said when he first played for the first team, and he''s nowhere near as bad as some people are saying now. To barrack a kid like that is even more stupid and contemptible that barracking Svensson. Still, next week it''ll probably be some other unfortunate b#gger who gets it.

I think that Hendo has potential, but that is what it is -potential. As to whether he is a central striker, or a right sided attacking midfielder, then the only way to find out is to play him in either position - in the reserves, or even better as a loanee elsewhere. He is going to struggle to make an impact right now at Carrow Road, so a loan period in a lower division could be of benefit to him and the Club.

As to last Saturday, of course Mr W has to take responsibility as it was his decision to put Hendo on. However, I don''t profess to understand why If ever there was a time to put experience on the pitch in the shape of McVeigh, Helvig or Mullers to replace the injured Jonson, then this was it. Let''s hope that it has become part of Mr W''s learning curve, which right now is a pretty steep one

It is quite clear that Worthy favours Hendo - it is quite apparent when you see them at training.  That being the case, why does Worthy persist in playing the lad when he is clearly not yet ready.  Why on earth does he not send him out on loan to a lower cliub and beef him up a bit.  He is far too lightweight and gets knocked off the ball too easily.  His confidence level must be zero after poor performances and the subsequent critisism in the press and on these boards.  I am sure he doesn''t deserve that and needs to be given a fair chance.  Good luck to the lad.

OTBC