Sign in to follow this  
The saint

Crofts or Russell

Is there anyone who would rather have Darel Russell than Andrew Crofts.

Some people thought we woud miss Russell but to me Crofts looks a better player. Very impressed with him so far.

Any thoughts?

How you can some people judge players without seeing them and in such a short time is beyond me. I like the look of Crofts, he has played well in the games I have seen him, but to say he is better than Russell is strange. Each to their own I suppose.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]How you can some people judge players without seeing them and in such a short time is beyond me. I like the look of Crofts, he has played well in the games I have seen him, but to say he is better than Russell is strange. Each to their own I suppose.[/quote]

Yeah fair point but i thought russells depature would be noticed a lot more. Its early days though,ill give you that.

I was never a massive fan of Russel and was not bothered when he left but, I was a bit sceptical when we signed Crofts who looked likely to be his replacement.  However from what I have seen of him so far Crofts looks like a very good signing.  He is similar to Russel but seems to have more energy.  But as you say, it''s early days still and I will give it a few more games to decide whether he is actually better than Russel.

I was never overly fussed about Rusty leaving simply becasuse he was never great in the championship. However it is too early to be making calls on these two players.

Dont think Crofts was signed as a replacement for Russell, I thought Fox was, which has made Crofts efforts superb. I think Crofts and Russell seem about on par with each other, however Crofts seems to get plenty of goals which is unusual for a holding midfielder. The other eason I would say Crofts is better is that I bt his wages are a lot less than Russells were so it looks like we have a bargain.

[quote user="king canary"]I was never overly fussed about Rusty leaving simply becasuse he was never great in the championship. However it is too early to be making calls on these two players.
[/quote]

Correct, though I have to say if he keeps putting in a shift the way he has been then he will eclipse russell for sure. Not hard, I know. I think he''s a much more cultured player - has better vision, better passer of the ball and is still physical enough to break opposition''s play down. He was great today. I went with my French neighbour, who''d never been to a football match before, he kept on getting Surman and Crofts mixed up only on the basis that I had told him that we had signed one player that had played in the Prem.

Rusty doesn''t appear to be able to get into Preston''s team whereas Crofts looks like one of our best players.

On that basis, I''ll go for Crofts.