Sign in to follow this  
Forever Norwich

A mouth-watering prospect! Your thoughts please

I am running the ipswich half marathon on sunday and am toying with the idea of wearing the entire norwich strip for the occasion ! :-) would it be idiotic or should i just take any abuse on the chin and go for it ?

Entire City kit - check.AK-47 and magazine of 30 rounds, with 3 spare mags - check.[:)]

sure go for it, should raise some interesting comments!  I once was in Ipswich for New Years Eve and wore my City shirt then, got lots of surprised looks and sarcastic comments but that was all, good luck

Go for it!  I saw three runners wearing Norwich City kits at this year''s London Marathon... they finished well ahead of me, but at least I beat George Burley.

They''ll be a dozen or so blokes in blue shirts running around Ipswich this afternoon for a charity.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Go for it!  I saw three runners wearing Norwich City kits at this year''s London Marathon... they finished well ahead of me, but at least I beat George Burley.[/quote]Yes, but running through cosmopolitan London - where they''ve seen it all - is a bit different than running the colours through no-go Ipswich.That said as it''s for charity, so, apart from the verbal abuse you''ll probably be OK. MC mentioned George Burley so on a Scottish theme why not get a pair of bagpipes to go with the kit ? You''ll look vaguely like that Scottish piper who played the pipes as they marched up the beach on D-Day. The German snipers didn''t shoot him as they thought he was mad so there''s a reasonable chance Ipswich''s finest will think the same and let you live.Oh, on second thoughts, just wearing the kit on it''s own will have the same effect......

[quote user="morty"]Entire City kit - check.AK-47 and magazine of 30 rounds, with 3 spare mags - check.[:)]

[/quote]Yeahgood shout morty! Maybe akimbo g18 as a back up [y]

completed the scum half marathon earlier in 1hr 37 mins as expected got a shedload of abuse during the race popular comments included ''f off back to norwich u scum c u next tuesday'', ''norwich scum'' ''your brave wearing that here''.responded to it by kissing the badge and gesturing back. Was it all worth it? Of course it was. Otbc !

[quote user="Forever Norwich"]completed the scum half marathon earlier in 1hr 37 mins as expected got a shedload of abuse during the race popular comments included ''f off back to norwich u scum c u next tuesday'', ''norwich scum'' ''your brave wearing that here''.responded to it by kissing the badge and gesturing back. Was it all worth it? Of course it was. Otbc ![/quote]

Should have carried a bucket, then they could have thrown coins into it.

[quote user="BGGYPOS"]

[quote user="Forever Norwich"]completed the scum half marathon earlier in 1hr 37 mins as expected got a shedload of abuse during the race popular comments included ''f off back to norwich u scum c u next tuesday'', ''norwich scum'' ''your brave wearing that here''.responded to it by kissing the badge and gesturing back. Was it all worth it? Of course it was. Otbc ![/quote]

Should have carried a bucket, then they could have thrown coins into it.

[/quote]Yes, a blue one would have been best then you could have had a pee in in it as you crossed the finishing line.Well done and glad you didn''t suffer any physical violence unlike the kid in the green suit did at Forest.