Sign in to follow this  
Rupethebear

Leon Barnett MOM?

Great result, sat with Forest fans and they thought we were the better team, Wes was great, especially second half with Crofts doing well too but our new loan man Leon looked very solid.....

Saw Hucks after the match so all in all a good away day.

There were plenty on here saying he should not have been playing and Askou should have been in. Barnett is quality and my prediction will be providing he stays fit there will be a huge thread in January saying if we have any ambition we must sign him permanently.   

He never missed a kick and looked very strong, not bad for a defender who doesn''t know his team mates.......wait until he settles in!!

[quote user="Rupethebear"]He never missed a kick and looked very strong, not bad for a defender who doesn''t know his team mates.......wait until he settles in!![/quote]Really? From where I was sitiing he missed several in the first half however he got better and better as the game progressed. A very good display by the boys and really they could justifiably feel that perhaps they lost 2 points rather than gained 1. I see that both managers felt that the Barnett incident that wasn''t given as a penalty was one and that the Russell Martin penalty wasn''t one. I can understand why from where they saw the two incidents however my view was excellent for both and i felt the ref got them both right.The lads have made a very solid start so let''s hope the international break doesn''t spoil the impetus of their start to te campaign.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Great result, sat with Forest fans and they thought we were the better team, Wes was great, especially second half with Crofts doing well too but our new loan man Leon looked very solid..... Saw Hucks after the match so all in all a good away day.[/quote]

I''m glad that he has proved me wrong [Y]

Bring on Barnsley

Just saw the goal on SSN, the determination of Martin to win back the ball that went to Crofts was brilliant. The people who constantly slate Martin need to wise up and learn the game.

Did he look quite mobile? With Ward being a big lad and not the quickest, we could do with a bit of pace at the back.

I wasn''t at the game and listened to Radio Norfolk and Neil Adams said Chris Martin was brilliant and how he was speaking, although he didn''t say who his MOM was, Chris Martin would have been his man of the match.  From anyone who was at the game, just how good was he?  I hope today kicks starts his Championship career as I think he could turn out to be really good.

Spot on, chris martin had a great game. Apart from hitting the woodwork twice he worked nonstop chasing

every ball and closing forest defenders down. His confidence on the ball is growing all the time.

Close call between him and crofts for MOM.  

Thought Barnett looked very out of his depth in the first half especially. He gave away what should have been a penalty then turned to the ref and started apologising and the ref hadn''t even given it. Also looked a bit clumsy to me just swinging wildly at the ball on a couple of occasions. As someone else said he got better as the game went on and thought he looked good in the air. Given a few games to settle i''m sure he will be fine though.

OTBC

I thought he played well, did look abit nervous at times. I was abit shocked that he didn''t the basic ''play to the whistle''... Everybody just stopped and accepted that it should be a penalty, which it should have been.Apart from that small incident, I thought he did well. I think it helped that he knows Ward, and hopefully when he settles in he will be very useful for us. [:)]

Chrissy was superb. He worked his socks off.

Great display from the lads. Have to agree, Leon looked excellent. They all did.

Chris Martin was excellent, he really was. Nobody had a poor game, maybe Russell Martin wasn''t great. Thought Grant Holt was pretty quiet all things considered. Martin though is vital to our chances of success this season

I''m in the C+ camp - he did the basic stuff but looked a bit nervous.

And I agree 100% about Chrissy Martin - anyone who still thinks he''s lazy wasn''t at the game yesterday. At one point he sprinted half the length of the pitch to unsettle Lee Camp who was dithering and turned as soon as Camp cleared it to run from right wing to left to go after the Forest defender. He''s getting better and better - the Championship is not a challenge for him.

brilliant all round performance barnett looked solid and very impressive in the air. Shame we didnt take the 3 points because we battered them in the second half. All in all a very positive start to the season

There were many contenders for MoM yesterday. Michael Bailey chose Ward for his solidity at the back. Hoolahan was also a contender, for his defensive play as well as his attacking! Crofts was in there for his all around play as well and a well taken goal. Chris Martin was excellent throughout, so it could have been any of those, IMO.

What a mixture of comments!

Some say Barnett didn''t miss a ball - others say that he missed several. Some say he looks solid - others say he looked nervous.

Further proof that we all ''see what we want to see'' - and filter out anything else that is inconsistent with our beliefs.

It''s a funny old game!...

Now I actually thought Russell Martin had a good game, the better of the full backs. I thought Ward was solid and Barnett improved after looking a little edgy at the start. Not sure about LB''s distribution but he looked solid defensively. I was not so impressed by Surman but he imporved, he worked hard and covered a lot of ground but his passing was not so good. It''s funny how peoples opinions vary so much. Overall I enjoyed the game.

[quote user="Marty"]Now I actually thought Russell Martin had a good game, the better of the full backs. I thought Ward was solid and Barnett improved after looking a little edgy at the start. Not sure about LB''s distribution but he looked solid defensively. I was not so impressed by Surman but he imporved, he worked hard and covered a lot of ground but his passing was not so good. It''s funny how peoples opinions vary so much. Overall I enjoyed the game.[/quote]

Russell Martin was excellent yesterday (not that it will matter to his automatic detractors). Ward was immense and Barnett, for a lad who met his new teammates on Thursday, had an excellent game, strong in the air, mobile and good on the ball. Korey worked his nuts off, as did Chrissy, but the MOM was Crofts by a mile. The bloke is just everywhere, and anyone who still thinks we miss Russell needs their head examined. It was  great team performance with no-one worthy of less than 7 out of 10. We are really coming together as a team and the prospects are really good.

As someone who doesn''t like loan players, and would prefer all clubs to have to play what they have on their books, reserves and youth players, I would like to say that whilst the system is in place that this is the correct way to use it. Get loan players in during times of need (we have two central defenders injured) and not just to put players in the shop window for richer clubs to make a profit from.

I hope Barnett does well for both himself and City.

Earnshaw......didn''t realise he was playing until last 10 mins......didn''t get any stick from the Norfolk Boys. Wouldn''t swap him for Martin on that performance, Martin didn''t score but his first effort against the bar was a contender for goal of the season if it had gone it.

Agree with many on here about Crofts, looks another good Paul Lambert signing.....no wonder he was happy to let Russell go once he had signed him.