Sign in to follow this  
Nonki

Actim index

not sure how that''s worked out, but interesting that Nelson is 8th overall and by a long way the top City player.  Yet on here he''s forever getting knocked

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actim_Index

I''m not sure how it''s calculated, but I found it interesting too.

think there is also another player index!? May be wrong though! It''s weird to see how the official index compares to a general fan as Nelson has been good but nt our best player this season!

CIty have 10 players in the top 10, and our top five and defensively minded.

Hopefully Wes, Surman, Holt and Martin can push themselves up from where they currently sit and show we have some fire power as well as able to defend.

[quote user="Captain Holts Controversial Jokes"]I''ll correct that for you. "City have 10 players in the top 100, and our top 5 are defensively minded"[/quote]

And to nit-pick even further our third rated player is so defensively minded that he has scored two goals in four starts.

Don''t know how that''s worked out! Hoolahan is 100th, Bellamy is in mid 50''s and a few other players seem in odd places!

Heres how the ''Capello index'' is worked out, just to compare. I would think the Actim would be similar, and cover basically every aspect or tiny incident of a game. Either way its the same system for all so it cant be a million miles off.http://www.capelloindex.com/en/news-detail.aspx?id=72ef9154-6e58-4576-8bed-ded78158d84e

Isn''t this just proof of how over-analysed the game has become though ? It''s just compensation statistics really, the only stats that matter are goals for and against.

the only stats that matter are goals for and against.

Its not even that BBB - its all about wins and points,  dont we still hold the record for the highest league finish with a negative goal difference and that in our best ever season with our best team?