Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

My thoughts from today.

Firstly I want to say that the Forest penalty should NOT have been given. I''m glad to hear that Russell Martin had a rant at the ref, appalling decision!John Ruddy continues to improve game by game, looked very assured today.The back 4 looked solid and didnt give much away, Ward and Barnett in particular were great, keep it up lads [Y]Midfield did its job, Korey did well when he had to challenge in midfield, this allowed the other 3 to get forward well. Hoolahan was better today with more space to operate in, Surman and Crofts were also good.Holty and Chris were a constant threat upfront and on another day (with a different set of goal posts [;)]) we''d have won quite easily IMO.If we play like that away from home we will win more often than not. Earnie didnt have much of a sniff all game, credit goes to defence! My only criticism is that sometimes we play the hard ball when the easy pass was crying out to be played. Shout out goes to the travelling City fans, good turn out and vocal backing today (like all away games). Shame about the stewards trying to ruin our fun [;)] [8] He''s just a man in a jacket [8] but he made us sit down none-the-less!I await the Barnsley home game with hopeful anticipation, play like we did today and we''ll win!OTBC

Good stuff, CT. I was surprised by all the reports on how well we were doing because soccernet was way off again. For much of the 1st half, they had NF with 65% possession although the plays they wrote out were too intermitent to establish if that was true, and the shots taken suggested otherwise. I was thinking we got a couple of quick breaks and not much else. Turns out it was the complete opposite.

What I am wondering is does anyone who saw or listened to the game think we should have used a sub to change things up a little. When they had used all theirs and us none, I was thinking we were playing for the tie, but that was wrong, too. But if we were not getting the ball in the net, would not a strategic sub have been worth a shot since we were actually dominating the game but not finishing?

And hey, penalty aside, it was a clean sheet from open play!

[quote user="CT"][8] He''s just a man in a jacket [8] but he made us sit down none-the-less!

OTBC [/quote]makes me laughj when people say this. same at scunthorpe the other week. whole blocks suddenly sitting down because a steward says so. ffs stand ur ground they aint gona kick u all out are they? no they can do sweet fa.  carrow road stewards some of the toughest in the FL for making people sit, could they do anything when millwall come to town and ignore their requests? nooo.

Personally I was getting quite irritated by the abuse that we were giving the stewards. We''re in their place of employment, and they''re doing their job. We could have been a lot more mature about the situation.

Its their job get over it, im sure they have had worse fans attend games there than us especially judging  by some of the geeks that come on here. and to the poster who commented on raising prices to get rid of roughhouse oiks whatever sort of insult that is supposed to be. Its us that will skint ourselves to watch our club as we have passion unlike you little silver spoon cord wearing gimps that contribute nil to the atmosphere created by the loyal and passionate fans.If you think we are that bad get yourself down to watch just about any other club in the country and then comment. Or is everywhere apart from Norwich full of roughhouse oiks or is Norwich just full of boring gimps.

[quote user="CantonsHero"]Personally I was getting quite irritated by the abuse that we were giving the stewards. We''re in their place of employment, and they''re doing their job. We could have been a lot more mature about the situation.[/quote]Give it a rest, there''s already been a whole tread on this!

[quote user="Bowgy"]the ones moaning are the newer posters, first season surporting norwich.[/quote]I''ve supported Norwich for nearly 18 years thank you very much, and have watched games for just as long. I may not have gone to as many as your good self but that''s because my family moved me to Wales and Scotland, but now I''m in the midlands, I intend to make amense, and break my best attendance in a season (4 games), and have so far managed to get to home friendly against Everton, and yesterdays game against Forest, with intentions to watch Preston and Bristol in the next month.

[quote user="CT"][quote user="Brendo "]Was Korey at the base of the diamond, then?
[/quote] Yarp.[/quote]Ahh cheers buddy.

Did it work well then?

Do you feel it was both beneficial for the two, and the team as a group? I did feel Crofts was better than Fox at the base, however he looked good going forward so hopefully this will work. [H]