Sign in to follow this  
AzTattooedsean

Hello from a newbie from Arizona

Hello everyone!I hope you don''t mind me posting. I have only been watching Norwich City since the beginning of last season. Championship, League 1 and 2 matches aren''t too often on tv but thankfully there was Setanta until they shut down Setanta US. Between that and online streaming, I found this club in bright yellow.  I was instantly attracted to their attacking style of football.An away match was the first one that I remember getting to watch. I loved the atmosphere created by the supporters. I was instantly intrigued. I kept following all of last year and it was amazing to get to see a promotion season. I was finding myself trying all means to find out about the history of the club. I still have a long way to go.  I was also finding myself checking out how easy it would be to train up from London during any future visits over to England.Ideally, I hope to attend my first match although I might have to wait till next season.  After that, I hope to try to get to at least one match a season.I have noticed anywhere I find City fans online, every one seems so cool and welcoming.It is nice to meet everyone.[:)]

A couple of pointers for you.For a quick,potted history of NCFC go to here;

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HistoryIndex/0,,10355,00.html

This is a good place to start.The trains from London to Norwich are good and pretty straight forward,Liverpool St-Norwich are quite regular.And if you are coming over,get in touch with a group like CapitalCanaries who could help you out with travel etc.

City fans on the whole are a decent bunch,civilised and quite friendly.This forum can get a bit tetchy,but most on here are sound.Just be prepared for the odd slagging match.

Anyway,welcome aboard,this should be a good season (fingers crossed,touch wood,lucky pants and many other superstitons[Y]).

[quote user="AzTattooedsean"]Hello everyone!

I hope you don''t mind me posting. I have only been watching Norwich City since the beginning of last season. Championship, League 1 and 2 matches aren''t too often on tv but thankfully there was Setanta until they shut down Setanta US. Between that and online streaming, I found this club in bright yellow.  I was instantly attracted to their attacking style of football.

An away match was the first one that I remember getting to watch. I loved the atmosphere created by the supporters. I was instantly intrigued. I kept following all of last year and it was amazing to get to see a promotion season.

I was finding myself trying all means to find out about the history of the club. I still have a long way to go.  I was also finding myself checking out how easy it would be to train up from London during any future visits over to England.

Ideally, I hope to attend my first match although I might have to wait till next season.  After that, I hope to try to get to at least one match a season.

I have noticed anywhere I find City fans online, every one seems so cool and welcoming.

It is nice to meet everyone.[:)]
[/quote]

Good for you. An extra body at even one match a season goes a long way. I suggest you keep your eyes peeled for an away fixture in the London area around any future London visits. And learn the words to "On the ball City"

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="AzTattooedsean"]Hello everyone!I hope you don''t mind me posting. I have only been watching Norwich City since the beginning of last season. Championship, League 1 and 2 matches aren''t too often on tv but thankfully there was Setanta until they shut down Setanta US. Between that and online streaming, I found this club in bright yellow.  I was instantly attracted to their attacking style of football.An away match was the first one that I remember getting to watch. I loved the atmosphere created by the supporters. I was instantly intrigued. I kept following all of last year and it was amazing to get to see a promotion season. I was finding myself trying all means to find out about the history of the club. I still have a long way to go.  I was also finding myself checking out how easy it would be to train up from London during any future visits over to England.Ideally, I hope to attend my first match although I might have to wait till next season.  After that, I hope to try to get to at least one match a season.I have noticed anywhere I find City fans online, every one seems so cool and welcoming.It is nice to meet everyone.[:)][/quote]

Good for you. An extra body at even one match a season goes a long way. I suggest you keep your eyes peeled for an away fixture in the London area around any future London visits. And learn the words to "On the ball City"

[/quote]Oh, I definitely thought about that especially in those few situations where 1 match is on the weekend and 1 around Tuesday or midweek.  I would love to pull off a trip where I could see one home match up there and one away match in the London area.

Welcome to the site! :)

I have checked the fixtures for you, we have a match at Queens Park Rangers (in London) on the Saturday 16th October, followed by a home game against Crystal Palace on Tuesday 19th October, or away to Reading on Saturday 13th November, then at home to Leeds on the Saturday 20th, if you want to make it an extended visit. Although I understand these may be too early for you.

Here is a link to the fixture list if you want to have a look yourself:

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10355,00.html

Hope that''s helped you a bit! :)

[quote user="AzTattooedsean"]Hello everyone!

I hope you don''t mind me posting. I have only been watching Norwich City since the beginning of last season. Championship, League 1 and 2 matches aren''t too often on tv but thankfully there was Setanta until they shut down Setanta US. Between that and online streaming, I found this club in bright yellow.  I was instantly attracted to their attacking style of football.

An away match was the first one that I remember getting to watch. I loved the atmosphere created by the supporters. I was instantly intrigued. I kept following all of last year and it was amazing to get to see a promotion season.

I was finding myself trying all means to find out about the history of the club. I still have a long way to go.  I was also finding myself checking out how easy it would be to train up from London during any future visits over to England.

Ideally, I hope to attend my first match although I might have to wait till next season.  After that, I hope to try to get to at least one match a season.

I have noticed anywhere I find City fans online, every one seems so cool and welcoming.

It is nice to meet everyone.[:)]
[/quote]You haven''t met me yet![;)]

I''d also advise you contact the club before hand and tell them your story and when you are coming over (as they might keep a ticket for you). I''m sure they will invite you for a private tour of the stadium and behind the scenes.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]I''d also advise you contact the club before hand and tell them your story and when you are coming over (as they might keep a ticket for you). I''m sure they will invite you for a private tour of the stadium and behind the scenes.[/quote]This [Y]Im sure some of the people on here would happily meet up with you and take you out for a beer if you mention when you will be visiting.Spent some time in Arizona last year too, nice place.

[quote user="norfolk_canary"]Welcome to the site! :)

I have checked the fixtures for you, we have a match at Queens Park Rangers (in London) on the Saturday 16th October, followed by a home game against Crystal Palace on Tuesday 19th October, or away to Reading on Saturday 13th November, then at home to Leeds on the Saturday 20th, if you want to make it an extended visit. Although I understand these may be too early for you.

Here is a link to the fixture list if you want to have a look yourself:

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10355,00.html

Hope that''s helped you a bit! :)[/quote]Oh yeah, I have seen the fixture list. I won''t be able to make it this season most likely. I might be able to in late April otherwise it won''t be till 2011 for my live debut. Afterwards, it will hopefully be a regular thing as I mentioned. :)

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="AzTattooedsean"]Hello everyone!I hope you don''t mind me posting. I have only been watching Norwich City since the beginning of last season. Championship, League 1 and 2 matches aren''t too often on tv but thankfully there was Setanta until they shut down Setanta US. Between that and online streaming, I found this club in bright yellow.  I was instantly attracted to their attacking style of football.An away match was the first one that I remember getting to watch. I loved the atmosphere created by the supporters. I was instantly intrigued. I kept following all of last year and it was amazing to get to see a promotion season. I was finding myself trying all means to find out about the history of the club. I still have a long way to go.  I was also finding myself checking out how easy it would be to train up from London during any future visits over to England.Ideally, I hope to attend my first match although I might have to wait till next season.  After that, I hope to try to get to at least one match a season.I have noticed anywhere I find City fans online, every one seems so cool and welcoming.It is nice to meet everyone.[:)][/quote]You haven''t met me yet![;)][/quote][:O]

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="SnakepitCanary"]I''d also advise you contact the club before hand and tell them your story and when you are coming over (as they might keep a ticket for you). I''m sure they will invite you for a private tour of the stadium and behind the scenes.[/quote]This [Y]Im sure some of the people on here would happily meet up with you and take you out for a beer if you mention when you will be visiting.Spent some time in Arizona last year too, nice place. [/quote]I had to give up alcohol back in 1998 for various reasons but I sure don''t mind everyone else having their share.   I definitely will let it be known when I will be attending any home or away matches during future visits.

[quote user="Destort"]Welcome to the site. I spent a couple of days getting lost in Arizona in April. Beautiful state.[/quote]what parts did you see?  It is wonderful weather wise except during the summer when only the sun''s surface is hotter.

I doubt you have ever seen the half time "entertainment" from Carrow Road screened in Arizona. It really is drival. I once saw half .time entertainment in Chicago at the North Western University Stadium (the Wild Cats). It really was magic with a marching band made up of serveral universites . There were hundreds of musicians on the pitch. There. was also the "warm up" session with 140 players on the pitch.all performing in unison.

With your experience of the half time scene in the US AzTatto, through watching TV if nothing else, maybe you could come up with some ideas on Message Board for Carrow Rd half time that "Little old Norwich" could put into practice. Currently we have lads from the crowd trying to kick a football against the crossbar at the Barclay end!

[quote user="Bobert"]

I doubt you have ever seen the half time "entertainment" from Carrow Road screened in Arizona. It really is drival. I once saw half .time entertainment in Chicago at the North Western University Stadium (the Wild Cats). It really was magic with a marching band made up of serveral universites . There were hundreds of musicians on the pitch. There. was also the "warm up" session with 140 players on the pitch.all performing in unison.

With your experience of the half time scene in the US AzTatto, through watching TV if nothing else, maybe you could come up with some ideas on Message Board for Carrow Rd half time that "Little old Norwich" could put into practice. Currently we have lads from the crowd trying to kick a football against the crossbar at the Barclay end!

[/quote]ha ha. they have people trying to kick field goals at the American style football club here in Arizona.  The college teams have nice half time entertainment. I guess it is lucky that most people go to get more drink refreshments or to use the restrooms( I forget what they are called over there.)

[quote user="AzTattooedsean"]Is there any thread on this forum where forum members post pictures of themselves so you know what everyone looks like?
[/quote]

No photographs please. That way you don''t know if you are talking to a six year old or a sixty year old, man or woman, and everyone is treated equally and given the same amount of respect ( apart from Wiz of course!).

At half time you go for a piss in the toilet ( both are French words). You could go for a crap in the W.C. (Thomas Crapper invented the Water Closet)..We get washed in bathrooms.

welcome to the madhouse that is the Pinkun forums.  Always glad to find a new City fan, you''ll always get a warm welcome whenever you do come over.

You''ll have to pace yourself though, no stoppages every few minutes over here lol 

How are the Cards looking for the new season, any chance of playoffs/superbowl?  Personally i like the Packers, similar colours of cause :)

[quote user="AzTattooedsean"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="AzTattooedsean"]Hello everyone!I hope you don''t mind me posting. I have only been watching Norwich City since the beginning of last season. Championship, League 1 and 2 matches aren''t too often on tv but thankfully there was Setanta until they shut down Setanta US. Between that and online streaming, I found this club in bright yellow.  I was instantly attracted to their attacking style of football.An away match was the first one that I remember getting to watch. I loved the atmosphere created by the supporters. I was instantly intrigued. I kept following all of last year and it was amazing to get to see a promotion season. I was finding myself trying all means to find out about the history of the club. I still have a long way to go.  I was also finding myself checking out how easy it would be to train up from London during any future visits over to England.Ideally, I hope to attend my first match although I might have to wait till next season.  After that, I hope to try to get to at least one match a season.I have noticed anywhere I find City fans online, every one seems so cool and welcoming.It is nice to meet everyone.[:)][/quote]You haven''t met me yet![;)][/quote][:O][/quote]Don''t worry about Wiz........he''s just a pussycat.Welcome to the message board.........just remember that most of what''s posted on here is just c*ap and the rest is total c*ap.

[quote user="AzTattooedsean"][quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="SnakepitCanary"]I''d also advise you contact the club before hand and tell them your story and when you are coming over (as they might keep a ticket for you). I''m sure they will invite you for a private tour of the stadium and behind the scenes.[/quote]This [Y]Im sure some of the people on here would happily meet up with you and take you out for a beer if you mention when you will be visiting.Spent some time in Arizona last year too, nice place. [/quote]I had to give up alcohol back in 1998 for various reasons but I sure don''t mind everyone else having their share.   I definitely will let it be known when I will be attending any home or away matches during future visits.[/quote]Things have improved over the last year or so but usually watching Norwich without having had a drink is a risky business due to the unbearable stress level.You have been warned.....

Howdy there Sean!Welcome to the world of jolly old English soooooccerball! Word of advice - when attending your first game down at the carrow road arena, note it is customary for a first time matchgoer to start off the "Muscat is King" sing a long! Daunting maybe, but great fun too!Hope you get to nor fork soon and goooooo team!

[quote user="Nolly"]

welcome to the madhouse that is the Pinkun forums.  Always glad to find a new City fan, you''ll always get a warm welcome whenever you do come over.

You''ll have to pace yourself though, no stoppages every few minutes over here lol 

How are the Cards looking for the new season, any chance of playoffs/superbowl?  Personally i like the Packers, similar colours of cause :)

[/quote]While I am a new supporter for Norwich City, I have been following the sport since I started playing it when I was 10 in 1980.  I followed the old NASL over here. I was mostly a World Cup watcher early on but I got hooked with the Bundesliga as a weekly this week in the Bundesliga introduced me to club football.Thankfully though within the last few years, I finally got cable tv and they have a handful of tv channels that show matches from England, Germany, Spain, Italy, Mexico, and South America. We also get to see our own MLS on tv.  I don''t play the sport as much thanks to a stupid slightly messed up left knee.As for the no stoppages, I definitely have never had issues with that as I hate all the commercials for most American sports. ha ha.

The Cardinals will be interesting to see if they still challenge for anything beyond just getting to the playoffs as their young quarterback takes over with the retirement of Kurt Warner.That said, I grew up in Michigan most of my life and I had most of my relatives in the Cleveland area so I grew up being both a Detroit Lions and Cleveland Browns fan so if either one of them ever make it to the Super Bowl, I am then okay with life.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="AzTattooedsean"]Is there any thread on this forum where forum members post pictures of themselves so you know what everyone looks like?[/quote]

You can go on here and have a look [:)]

Facebook (5) | Pinkun m/b

Oh and welcome to the boards [:D][Y]

[/quote]woohoo, I am on facebook as well so thanks! :)

[quote user="the king"]Howdy there Sean!Welcome to the world of jolly old English soooooccerball! Word of advice - when attending your first game down at the carrow road arena, note it is customary for a first time matchgoer to start off the "Muscat is King" sing a long! Daunting maybe, but great fun too!Hope you get to nor fork soon and goooooo team![/quote]

CRAP, I am on the forum for one day and already I have homework already![:O]

Well, I only have last season and a few matches of experience when it comes to Norwich City so I have a long way to catch up with anyone in the City fan base but I am a quick learner. :)As for the sport in general, I am one of those select few Americans that grew up playing the sport yet didn''t give up on the sport once they hit their teen years. I am just glad that we have a few tv channels that show football played both stateside as well as overseas as we definitely didn''t have that growing up over here.With that along with the chance to stream matches online, it is much easier for kids and adults to keep up with most clubs.

Just another thought for you to keep up to date on the latest news.  On the clubs website www.canaries.co.uk they have a thing called canary player.  Its a subscription thing but has news, highlights, commentary from games on it.

I can''t say i know what its like as i''ve never tried it (maybe someone else can advise?) but may be worth a look for you.

I''m sure others have mentioned as well, when you do decide a date for coming over, might be worth contacting the club beforehand.  I''m sure they would help with any details you need.

As for the Lions and Browns, well certainly the Lions cant see them getting to the superbowl for some time (more chance of us winning the premier league!! lol)  Still wont be long and well find out, hate the  fact that Favre is still with the Vikings!