Sign in to follow this  
Supermarket Prodigy

Re: chris martin arrested!!

It would only be Chrissy to get arrested! Seriously though, it must be difficult for a footballer to go out in public, being an easy target. Then again, why''s he out early hours of Sunday morning?! Ah well, at least we have the International Break to get this sorted. My guessing is Mr. Lambert won''t be too pleased...

SP

[quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]

It would only be Chrissy to get arrested! Seriously though, it must be difficult for a footballer to go out in public, being an easy target. Then again, why''s he out early hours of Sunday morning?! Ah well, at least we have the International Break to get this sorted. My guessing is Mr. Lambert won''t be too pleased...

SP

[/quote]Same reason anybody is out on a Saturday night

[quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]

SP

[/quote]

Is it unreasonable for the lad to let off a bit of steam after a great performance and decent result and before a day off training? He''s not a monk for heaven''s sake!

Apparently common assault is "the

least serious form of assault and includes pushing, slapping, punching,

and face-to-face verbal threats"So probably some idiots who have had a few too many weak lagers giving him stick. Although if he will go out until the early hours then unfortunatly these sort of things can happen.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]

SP

[/quote]

Same reason anybody is out on a Saturday night
[/quote]

Was it in Nottingham or Norwich? Because would have taken quite a while to get back from Forest, wouldn''t it? But, yes that was a fail! Not one of my brightest posts!

SP

Although I agree that him going on a night out isnt something to be condemned, its just as a footballer you have to be very careful. Im hoping he was an innocent party, but we shall see.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]

SP

[/quote]

Is it unreasonable for the lad to let off a bit of steam after a great performance and decent result and before a day off training? He''s not a monk for heaven''s sake!

[/quote]

I know yeah! Have come across a bit of an idiot there! Didn''t mean it like it sounded!

SP

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Although I agree that him going on a night out isnt something to be condemned, its just as a footballer you have to be very careful. Im hoping he was an innocent party, but we shall see.
[/quote]

I wouldn''t be surprised if he''s totally innocent in this. It''s a shame because he was brilliant on Saturday, very unlucky not to come away from a goal. Just to clarify, I''m not condeming going for a night out! For me after a game of footie, all I want to do is have a kip, lad has good stamina!

SP

[quote user="lappinitup"]

CLUB STATEMENT

Posted on: Mon 30 Aug 2010

NCFC have been made aware that Chris Martin was arrested, and subsequently charged, with common assault in the early hours of Sunday morning.

It would be inappropriate to comment any further at this stage, and the matter is now in the hands of Chris'' solicitors.

[/quote]I''m sorry, but this sort of thing makes me absolutely furious. [:@] It''s about setting standards and setting an example to everyone else, and for the love of God I cannot understand why someone connected to the football club would let themselves down like this [:@].  Everybody should know that the possessive apostrophe applies even when names end in an "s".  FFS, it''s "Chris''s solicitors". [:@]

[quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]

SP

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know yeah! Have come across a bit of an idiot there! Didn''t mean it like it sounded!

SP

[/quote]

Lol! I think we''re all guilty of the odd daft post, so no problem![:D][;)]

Be interesting to see what this is. Common Assault is usually a bit of nothing, a push or a slap or just a bit of handbags. Martin unfortunately has previous for being an idiot and it''d be nice if he''d grown up, but we don''t know what the situation is yet. Hopefully it''s just a bit of an overreaction by the recipient who''s pressing charges.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lappinitup"]

CLUB STATEMENT

Posted on: Mon 30 Aug 2010

NCFC have been made aware that Chris Martin was arrested, and subsequently charged, with common assault in the early hours of Sunday morning.

It would be inappropriate to comment any further at this stage, and the matter is now in the hands of Chris'' solicitors.

[/quote]I''m sorry, but this sort of thing makes me absolutely furious. [:@] It''s about setting standards and setting an example to everyone else, and for the love of God I cannot understand why someone connected to the football club would let themselves down like this [:@].  Everybody should know that the possessive apostrophe applies even when names end in an "s".  FFS, it''s "Chris''s solicitors". [:@][/quote]Depends on your age Chopsie.  Modern English used in journalism for example uses s''s, as it is supposed to be written as you''d say it.  Correct English if used to how I was taught, any word ending in an S needing a possessive apostrophe, you just put a apostrophe at the end.  Hence St. James'' Park.  Jesus'' Disciples. Mr Chops'' Condoms.  So Chris'' solicitors is a correct way of writing it.I believe these days if you''re a product of Blair''s education system you''re either ****ing clueless of the apostrophe rule or just taught the BS modern version.

We don''t know the facts yet so it could be something or nothing, lets hope its nothing serious as he seems to have knuckled down under Lambert and put his bad days behind him.

[quote user="cityangel"]We don''t know the facts yet so it could be something or nothing, lets hope its nothing serious as he seems to have knuckled down under Lambert and put his bad days behind him.[/quote]^^This.He''s a young lad who was out for a beer with his mates and something happened, its hardly a gun toting crime spree in an orphanage.And I would bet that he attracts more than his fair share of drunken idiots fancying a go.

[quote user="Swaaaffham Boy "][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Chris."]Hopefully the person involved is a Norwich fan !![/quote]Why? [/quote]Less likely to press charges [(Y)][/quote]Lol yeah sorry. My brother just asked why I asked, I thought as he was arrested, it meant that the person had contacted the police and asked for him to be charged. [:$]Now I realise that it was the police who arrested him, and they will ask the person involved if he/she will press charges. You learn something new everyday. [;)]

Well he has been charged so not in the innocent bystander group. sad i thought he had grown up and got the bad behaviour out of his system. This will not help his career in the short term and at the very least be a distraction to him, pending the outcome of the case

[quote user="jim blair"]Wait till the full details come out..its hilarious..[/quote]Hilarious as in, you know what''s all about? Or hilarious sarcastic?

If this was an Ipswich player, we''d be calling them a disgrace to football, how horrible Suffolk is and saying how the game has gone completely down the pan. Irrespective of what did or didn''t happen, whether he was trying to play peacemaker or was an innocent bystander, perhaps he should''ve just been big enough and sensible enough to walk away from the situation. Yes, it''s Chris Martin and yes I think he''s a smashing player, but a cooler head should''ve prevailed here one way or another. One poster alluded to the fact they were all out for Drury''s birthday. Maybe another senior professional could see what was going to happen and drag him away from the situation, even if he was just a peacemaker?