Sign in to follow this  
FilletTheFishWife .

season review dvd

just got my copy must say the picture quality is appalling. would have been better compiling my own from the football league showfor £15 quid i would have expected far better and a 2nd disc as some memorable moments have been omitted to fit on onei will take it back and hope i''ve just got mine from a bad batch

Someone posted on here a few weeks ago that they had a faulty DVD where the picture and sound was skipping etc all the way through. I watched my copy the other day and got to the last 3 games and it''s unwatchable from that point with picture and sound breakups. Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Agree on the overall quality though, looks as if it''s been thrown together with random commentary inserts from BBC, ITV & Sky plus some awful dubbed over commentary on Colchester away by Donavan Blake

I tried to buy it from the club shop after the Swansea match but they''d run out.  That was their only chance, not going to waste my money on it now.

I took mine back the other day and I got the impression that the first batch was faulty as the pictures on the home games seemed to get worse as the dvd went on.

Watching the new one over the weekend.

Same problem here.I get to the Charlton game and after hughes has his goal disallowed, it skips, and skips, and skips and is unwatchable. That, and the quality being horrific is making me take it back tomorrow :(What a disappointment.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]just got my copy

must say the picture quality is appalling. would have been better compiling my own from the football league show

for £15 quid i would have expected far better and a 2nd disc as some memorable moments have been omitted to fit on one

i will take it back and hope i''ve just got mine from a bad batch

[/quote]Mine was superb, check your player.

[quote user="Ren"]I took mine back the other day and I got the impression that the first batch was faulty as the pictures on the home games seemed to get worse as the dvd went on.

Watching the new one over the weekend.[/quote]Let me know how you get on Ren please as mine is also ropey (and it''s not the player).

Mine ran all the way through when I watched it with no major skips, but I agree the quality is appalling - the games that were on Sky are OK as they''ve lifted that footage, but some of the others look like they were filmed on a mobile. The commentary is godawful as well. It''s such a shame that the club still have such an amateurish attitude towards these DVDs as with only a little extra effort we could have something really slick.

I don''t think we''ll be using the same company next season, McNally also hinted that it should be out within a fortnight of the end of the season at the Capital Canaries AGM Q&A, not in the middle of August!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]just got my copy must say the picture quality is appalling. would have been better compiling my own from the football league showfor £15 quid i would have expected far better and a 2nd disc as some memorable moments have been omitted to fit on onei will take it back and hope i''ve just got mine from a bad batch

[/quote]Mine was superb, check your player.[/quote]I''ve checked all seven players I have tried it on. The Charlton game onwards is unwatchable.

We picked up our new one today from the club sop at FCR after having returned the first one. The lady in the club shop said that thisbunch that have jut arrived were recorded by somebody else and shold be fine. Those of you having problems if you got them prior o this delivery or from the Mall I wold take them back to the club shop and exchange them. My lad is watching his new copy and says it is absoloutely fine. Hope that all helps.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]just got my copy

must say the picture quality is appalling. would have been better compiling my own from the football league show

for £15 quid i would have expected far better and a 2nd disc as some memorable moments have been omitted to fit on one

i will take it back and hope i''ve just got mine from a bad batch

[/quote]Mine was superb, check your player.[/quote]

[Y]

Pete - watched the replacement and although I had had no troubles with the first copy I must say that the pictures from the home game were much less jerky.

I would take yours back and get a replacement - its worth the effort.

Not sure what all the moaning is about I thought it was as good as any other seasons. My only slight grumble is that there was too much on the Leeds away loss and not enough from the league home win, but only a minor moan.

The disc is region 0 I believe, and some cheaper players, Blue Ray etc don''t cope with that too well.

Maybe I got lucky, but mines excellent.

Is it as bad as the Milk Cup DVD? Couldn''t believe how amateurish that was: the dubbed on commentary in particular. A real disappointment.