Sign in to follow this  
TheGoogler

So. Transfer deadline day.

And here we go again.

Any thoughts concerning Norwich? Lambert is quoted as saying he maybe wants one more in on loan and we''ve got the reports linking us with Boyata. Would this mean Whitbread is a more seriously injured than thought?

And what about leaving us? Anyone you think could be on the way out? It strikes me that Stephen Hughes could be surplus to requirements. And I wonder whether Lambert may be keen on getting Steer out on loan for some much needed experience.

And what of the rest? Any thoughts on who could be the day''s biggest signings?

Got a feeling we may see 2 coming in tomorrow,1 loan and 1 contracted,and i think 2 or 3 will leave,i am slightly worried that the Holt to Blackpool rumours haven''t gone away, i think the biggest movers come Tuesday night will be Carlton cole and Ashley Young.

[quote user="Melchett loves a PhatCanary"]Got a feeling we may see 2 coming in tomorrow,1 loan and 1 contracted,and i think 2 or 3 will leave,i am slightly worried that the Holt to Blackpool rumours haven''t gone away, i think the biggest movers come Tuesday night will be Carlton cole and Ashley Young.[/quote]

First time ive heard thir rumour re: Holt to ''Pool

[quote user="ryan1992"]

[quote user="Melchett loves a PhatCanary"]Got a feeling we may see 2 coming in tomorrow,1 loan and 1 contracted,and i think 2 or 3 will leave,i am slightly worried that the Holt to Blackpool rumours haven''t gone away, i think the biggest movers come Tuesday night will be Carlton cole and Ashley Young.[/quote]

First time ive heard thir rumour re: Holt to ''Pool

[/quote]

Really? Started in pre-season and a few fans near me started talking about it again at the Swansea game,apparently they had a look at him again because other transfer targets fell through,only a rumour,lets hope it stays that way!!

Well, they look set to sign DJ Campbell. So hopefully it''s a non starter.

I don''t think we''ll see quite the amount of business you suggest Melchett, but I do think you''ll see something happen.

Rumour has it the big surprise of the day could be David Moyes leaving Everton for Villa. Now that would be a shock!

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Well, they look set to sign DJ Campbell. So hopefully it''s a non starter. I don''t think we''ll see quite the amount of business you suggest Melchett, but I do think you''ll see something happen. Rumour has it the big surprise of the day could be David Moyes leaving Everton for Villa. Now that would be a shock![/quote]

Yeah Moyes to Villa,watching on Sky Sports news earlier seems to be something in it,would be an odd sideways move imo.

[quote user="NCFC-47"]Does anyone think Chris martin''s arrest could lead into jackson and holt starting?[/quote]No.

Holt will leave with Shola Amoebi and Steffan Iverson clinching last minute deals to Carrow Road. Or nothing will actually happen because Lambert signed everyone he wanted a long time ago so he could avoid panic buying at over inflated prices and develop a settled squad. You decide which is more likely to happen tomorrow......

Hopefully there will be a few go out i.e. Gill / Hughes on permanent deals to free up some wages, as well as youngsters i.e. Steer, Dawkin out on loan to get some 1st team experience.

Wouldn''t mind a back up RB in but I''m not so keen on the idea of two loan players in the back four, would rather it be players who know each other from playing together consistently.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]And here we go again. Any thoughts concerning Norwich? Lambert is quoted as saying he maybe wants one more in on loan and we''ve got the reports linking us with Boyata. Would this mean Whitbread is a more seriously injured than thought? And what about leaving us? Anyone you think could be on the way out? It strikes me that Stephen Hughes could be surplus to requirements. And I wonder whether Lambert may be keen on getting Steer out on loan for some much needed experience. And what of the rest? Any thoughts on who could be the day''s biggest signings?[/quote]

Really? Could you point us in the direction of that quote?

This is only the transfer deadline, and as far as loans go the new factor is the 25-man rule for the Premier League, with teams having to name their squad tomorrow. Then it will be obvious who might be available for when the loan window opens in a week or so.

I know the subject of a big striker as cover for Holt has been discussed to death but I think it''s even more relevant now through the good form of Chris Martin. When Holt isn''t there we are then asking Martin to do more of the hold up play to compensate which takes a huge part of his game away making him less effective at doing what he''s good at.

The way I see the signing of a big striker therefore is actually covering BOTH Holt and Martin. I''d love something to happen in that direction today but sadly can''t see it as I think Lambert would have done it by now.

We have no money so we won''t sign anyone else. Also, as for loans, Lambert dislikes them and has already bought in Barnett, don''t expect anyone else!

[quote user="AJ"]We have no money so we won''t sign anyone else. Also, as for loans, Lambert dislikes them and has already bought in Barnett, don''t expect anyone else![/quote]

Unless you work as a club director/accountant, in which case I will bow to your knowledge, how do you know that????

Holt to pool is a non starter for me, I think that was morty on the football rumors website :P!

I think the man city youngster will come in as comp for right back with Martin! But if lambert can''t get the man city pad on a full contract if he wants him then I don''t want him in, and we know what loans do :(

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Holt to pool is a non starter for me, I think that was morty on the football rumors website :P! I think the man city youngster will come in as comp for right back with Martin! But if lambert can''t get the man city pad on a full contract if he wants him then I don''t want him in, and we know what loans do :([/quote]

What, loans help you win league 1 (Forster), win the championship (Hucks, crouch), but we dont want that too happen!!!??? Boyata is said to be held in high regard at Man City, so no chance of us getting him permantly. Yes you can have too many loans (Roeder style) but a few is fine, and can be the difference between top 6 and bottom half. Did you moan when we got Leroy on loan?

I reckon we''ll go with what we have, and keep any dosh we may have until January.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="AJ"]We have no money so we won''t sign anyone else. Also, as for loans, Lambert dislikes them and has already bought in Barnett, don''t expect anyone else![/quote]

Unless you work as a club director/accountant, in which case I will bow to your knowledge, how do you know that????

[/quote]

Lambert said when he brought in Barnett!

I''m with Morty I don''t think we''ll see much coming in today. Hopefully some will leave to free up some funds either for an emergency loan or something in January.

Also given the fact that we don''t have a match for just under two weeks now and the loan window reopens in one week I can''t see us in need of making any rash moves. Things might happen once it becomes clear who is in and who is out of certain prem teams and there could be one or two players available then who might not be availble today.

Davo

Been out in the sunshine all day but havent heard anything on the radio so have I missed anything?

[quote user="cityangel"]Been out in the sunshine all day but havent heard anything on the radio so have I missed anything?[/quote]Nope.