Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Second loan?

Not overly keen on a central defensive partnership made up of two loan players, or Ward plus one.  Also taking a 19 year old on loan is good for Man City, but I''m not sure I want our club to be the NCFC Finishing School for Potential Premiership Stars Of The Future.On the other hand, Lambert knows the business more than me, we''re £20m in debt, we don''t have any centre back youth prospects ready to play in the Championship and I reckon the transfer budget''s already been spent.  So if we can get him for the season, given Barnett is only on a 3 month loan, we should do it.So in summary, [8-)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Not overly keen on a central defensive partnership made up of two loan players, or Ward plus one.  Also taking a 19 year old on loan is good for Man City, but I''m not sure I want our club to be the NCFC Finishing School for Potential Premiership Stars Of The Future.On the other hand, Lambert knows the business more than me, we''re £20m in debt, we don''t have any centre back youth prospects ready to play in the Championship and I reckon the transfer budget''s already been spent.  So if we can get him for the season, given Barnett is only on a 3 month loan, we should do it.So in summary, [8-)][/quote]Barnett is on loan til January isn''t he?I dont think we need another CB. Ward is coming into his best it seems, Askou and Nelson are both capeable at this level. It could be that Lambert is being given some cause for concern by Whitbred.

Banana is back :S

Where have you been, you haven''t posted all day?

(i have also decided i am going to spam more than you....)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Banana is back :S

Where have you been, you haven''t posted all day?

(i have also decided i am going to spam more than you....)[/quote]Please god do not take inspiration from him.

must be better than Nelson, who is only a League One defender, and defiantly not as good as the Doc....

(seriously now though.... I don''t think we need him, either Whitbread (hahahaha) or Nelson should be fit enough again fairly soon, neither are mean''t to be out for months and months, although Whitbread may never come back......i think we will be alright with what we got atm....)

[quote user="Chris."]Do any of you realise the class this young lad has ?[/quote]Yes he may be quality but we need a right back and a big striker, not a 6th center back.

[quote user="Chris."]Do any of you realise the class this young lad has ?[/quote]We need to sign players who will want to play for Norwich not just a player who I''ll play for Norwich becaause it''s better than sitting on the bench!

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Chris."]Do any of you realise the class this young lad has ?[/quote]
Yes he may be quality but we need a right back and a big striker, not a 6th center back.
[/quote]

Maradona has a theory about defence.

4 centre backs across the back.

In which case we''d need more than 6.

[;)]

OTBC

[quote user="Chris."]Do any of you realise the class this young lad has ?[/quote]No, but I''ve never seen him play.  Not many people have seen him play, but if you''re confident he''s a classy player then I''m pleased you''ve shared your observations with us.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Chris."]Do any of you realise the class this young lad has ?[/quote]Yes he may be quality but we need a right back and a big striker, not a 6th center back.[/quote]

Maradona has a theory about defence.

4 centre backs across the back.

In which case we''d need more than 6.

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]Yeah and with that theory we can sell Russel Martin and Adam Drury! All is well...

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Not overly keen on a central defensive partnership made up of two loan players, or Ward plus one.  Also taking a 19 year old on loan is good for Man City, but I''m not sure I want our club to be the NCFC Finishing School for Potential Premiership Stars Of The Future.On the other hand, Lambert knows the business more than me, we''re £20m in debt, we don''t have any centre back youth prospects ready to play in the Championship and I reckon the transfer budget''s already been spent.  So if we can get him for the season, given Barnett is only on a 3 month loan, we should do it.So in summary, [8-)][/quote]

Yet you were happy to have Forster on loan?

By you''re own admission you are going to follow his career.

Double standards?

[quote user="CT"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Not overly keen on a central defensive partnership made up of two loan players, or Ward plus one.  Also taking a 19 year old on loan is good for Man City, but I''m not sure I want our club to be the NCFC Finishing School for Potential Premiership Stars Of The Future.On the other hand, Lambert knows the business more than me, we''re £20m in debt, we don''t have any centre back youth prospects ready to play in the Championship and I reckon the transfer budget''s already been spent.  So if we can get him for the season, given Barnett is only on a 3 month loan, we should do it.So in summary, [8-)][/quote]

Yet you were happy to have Forster on loan?

By you''re own admission you are going to follow his career.

Double standards?[/quote]Well, maybe.  I was also happy to have Leroy Lita on loan, and Ched Evans.  But I wasn''t happy with Sibierski or Carney or Killen or Gow or Mooney or Lee...What I wouldn''t be overly happy with is two on-loan centre backs in our starting eleven.  If Barnett and this lad are going to compete for one place, fine.  But I''d feel uneasy about going into big Championship games with two loanees in absolutely pivotal positions.  You see the things Steven Ireland had to say about the attitude of the Man City reserve/youth players (Sunday Times last week) and you worry that he''s going to be less than committed.I thought FF was great, and he should have a great career ahead of him - he was a real find for us, which is why it sticks in the memory as some of his saves were top class and he was the difference between title winners and play-offs, probably. Hopefully Ruddy can have a great career with us ahead of him - by all accounts he''s improved game on game and looks more assured each time.

I noticed that Mr Lambert did not rule out any additions to the squad when asked about the soon to be shut transfer window so you never know with this lad, on a side note that Banana chap/lass is about as welcome as a wart on you''re arse.

If this is true it would be a major signing. Last year he was voted fans and players young player of the year. For those that think they have not seen him play he was the kid that played in the carling cup SF against Man Utd last year. He is good enough to be in both their premier league squad and their Europa league squad. Two things of note one for him signing and one against in an interview he did after the europa cup game. He said he expected to be playing in all Carling / Europa / FA cup games ( the against ) and then went on to say he expected to be back on the bench today at Sunderland ( normal PL place ) but was not named as a substitute - anyone spot him in Asda ?  I would suspect if this happened we would be getting the same questions as Cardiff got as how could a club like ours in so much debt be able to afford a player like this. Maybe we could borrow Robhinio, Wright Philips, Bridge and Adebeyor as well.

He actually got into the Man City team last year due to injuries and then was not actually dropped by Mancinni but got an injury himself.

Given he recently played in their Europa League match...I doubt this would go ahead. Even with Man City''s unlimited wealth.....

According to quite a few reports he is on £8000 a week with Man City after getting a pay rise last January to keep him at the club. Possibly the highest paid teenager in english football.  

Barnett is on loan til January isn''t he?

I dont think we need another CB. Ward is coming into his best it seems, Askou and Nelson are both capeable at this level. It could be that Lambert is being given some cause for concern by Whitbred.

Barnets on loan till January 4th I believe!

I agree we don''t need another CB. Ward has been very good since Scunthorpe away. Askou and Nelson are just about good enough if they play to their best and yes sicknote Whitbread is looking like a bad buy!

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

If this is true it would be a major signing. Last year he was voted fans and players young player of the year. For those that think they have not seen him play he was the kid that played in the carling cup SF against Man Utd last year. He is good enough to be in both their premier league squad and their Europa league squad. Two things of note one for him signing and one against in an interview he did after the europa cup game. He said he expected to be playing in all Carling / Europa / FA cup games ( the against ) and then went on to say he expected to be back on the bench today at Sunderland ( normal PL place ) but was not named as a substitute - anyone spot him in Asda ?  I would suspect if this happened we would be getting the same questions as Cardiff got as how could a club like ours in so much debt be able to afford a player like this. Maybe we could borrow Robhinio, Wright Philips, Bridge and Adebeyor as well.

He actually got into the Man City team last year due to injuries and then was not actually dropped by Mancinni but got an injury himself.

[/quote]

Theres my reasons

If he does not come to us then i wont be suprised if he goes to someone like QPR or Burnley if not a lower prem team. The lads only 19 remember, he has a big future.