Sign in to follow this  
Canary1902

HAPPY TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY EVERYONE!!! - Update Thread

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Stokes to Celtic, really think he could have done a job in the Championship and perhaps even in the Prem given time under the right manager.

Leicester signing Waghorn for £3m[:O]

A top six finish would be a MASSIVE achievment for us this season given the cash some championship clubs are splashing.

[/quote]

im sure cash doesn''t mean quality?

how much did man city pay for tevez to miss a chance cureton would have scored?

The reason QPR and Leicester are paying is that teams know they have funds so just hold out longer for more [mo]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Stokes to Celtic, really think he could have done a job in the Championship and perhaps even in the Prem given time under the right manager.

A top six finish would be a MASSIVE achievment for us this season given the cash some championship clubs are splashing.

[/quote]

The reason QPR and Leicester are paying is that teams know they have funds so just hold out longer for more [mo]

[/quote]

It depends what you do with that cash.  Yes some clubs waste it and others spend it wisely. 

Could a team win the Premier League without being one of the top 10 biggest spenders in the country?

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And you''re seriously comparing Tevez to Cureton?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, have you seen the tevez miss? Basically Cureton would have scored it. [y]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It depends what you do with that cash.  Yes some clubs waste it and others spend it wisely. 

Could a team win the Premier League without being one of the top 10 biggest spenders in the country?

[/quote]No to win the prem you have to have enough players to have 2 teams, which costs money. They also have to be quality so cost more, but if you get a group of players together from the age of 11/12 and work with them for 10/15 years together they would win the league if they are trained by the worlds top coaches and you would not spend millions.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, I saw the miss, it was a sitter, my dad would have scored it, but I am not too sure about Cureton. 

Even the best players miss absolute sitters at times.

I remember one episode of fantasy football, where they''d put together aclip of Pele and some of his mistakes, and misses etc and titled the sequence Pele was sheite.  Even the greatest make mistakes.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, I saw the miss, it was a sitter, my dad would have scored it, but I am not too sure about Cureton. 

I remember one episode of fantasy football, where they''d put together aclip of Pele and some of his mistakes, and misses etc and titled the sequence Pele was sheite.  Even the greatest make mistakes.

[/quote]

Everyone makes mistakes, nobodys perfect (my name is nobody Lol.) So You can allow mistakes but not mistakes that are that easy!

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Everyone makes mistakes, nobodys perfect (my name is nobody Lol.) So You can allow mistakes but not mistakes that are that easy!

[/quote]

I couldn''t have put it any better myself [:|]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]No to win the prem you have to have enough players to have 2 teams, which costs money. They also have to be quality so cost more, but if you get a group of players together from the age of 11/12 and work with them for 10/15 years together they would win the league if they are trained by the worlds top coaches and you would not spend millions.[/quote]

If only that was correct. Players these days are coached and together from as young as 4. Other than the odd exception like Rooney the majority only start to come through when they are 13 - 16. Then even when you find a talent - guess what the likes of Chelsea ect are there like bees round a honey pot. The Man City owner to his credit has poured millions into their academy. If you were correct there would be 100 s of English kids coming through, unfortunately there is not.

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]No to win the prem you have to have enough players to have 2 teams, which costs money. They also have to be quality so cost more, but if you get a group of players together from the age of 11/12 and work with them for 10/15 years together they would win the league if they are trained by the worlds top coaches and you would not spend millions.[/quote]

If only that was correct. Players these days are coached and together from as young as 4. Other than the odd exception like Rooney the majority only start to come through when they are 13 - 16. Then even when you find a talent - guess what the likes of Chelsea ect are there like bees round a honey pot. The Man City owner to his credit has poured millions into their academy. If you were correct there would be 100 s of English kids coming through, unfortunately there is not.

[/quote]

when more and more families come to this country from other countries looking for jos who have children who play football.

Teams dont start to play football until they are 9 years old (FA rules, I run an under 9 team)

From the ages of 4-8 they train at the academys and then get kicked out if they are not good enough or they keep 15 to help aid the 2/3/4 players who they think they could make into somethink.

The Man City owner may have given loads to their academy but he has runined what they had produced just before he arrived. Joe Hart, Ched Evans, Micah Richards, Steven Ireland, Michael Ball. Of these players 2 have stayed but micah richards looks like he is being pushed out more and more.

Michael Ball was an Enverton youngster and considering he made his debut in the 90''s he''s hardly young.

Joe Hart was brought after a successful season at Shrewsbury and isn''t a product of their academy either.

Ched whilst having a fantastic spell for us wasn''t overly successful for Sheff Utd suggesting he''s not ready for the Prem.

Steven Ireland was pushed out by Mancini not the Sheikh.

Richards is still there and can improve if he knuckles down.

I think that''s your claim about their academy being ruined shot down don''t you?

Davo

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

when more and more families come to this country from other countries looking for jos who have children who play football.

Teams dont start to play football until they are 9 years old (FA rules, I run an under 9 team)

From the ages of 4-8 they train at the academys and then get kicked out if they are not good enough or they keep 15 to help aid the 2/3/4 players who they think they could make into somethink.

The Man City owner may have given loads to their academy but he has runined what they had produced just before he arrived. Joe Hart, Ched Evans, Micah Richards, Steven Ireland, Michael Ball. Of these players 2 have stayed but micah richards looks like he is being pushed out more and more.

[/quote]

The football you refer to is competitive football - something that is destroying english kids. I will show you a group of 5 and 6 year olds that have worked together for 18 months. I would challenge you to say which one couldnt make it.Then we will look again in 10 years to see if any are still left. If we could produce as you say 11 top players each year we would be mega rich. It just is not possible until the whole english system is revamped. As much as I respect you for giving up time to get kids involved I bet your team consists mainly of kids born between September and November as you are more interested in winning games than transfering talent into potential, thats the way the english game works. You sound very bitter that kids get a chance and I assume your kids get kicked out sentence is a dig that kids are taken from teams stopping that club from winning something when you should be helping kids as far up the ladder as possible. It is a cut throat business and you not only have to be the best but also the most determined and committed. Unfortunately a very small minority make it anywhere near the top, however managed well those that are not quite good enough can make a good living playing semi professional and coaching.

To add one thing to the above, academies are beginning to change to not just look at players likely to be in excess of 6ft 1inch to looking for more Messis and Villas. It is a fairly accepted fact that Messi would probably have not made it in the English system, although he would have a chance now, but it took a Messi to realise we were doing it wrong.

the problem with the english system is that we get fanciful idiums every time the england team fails in the major tournements. it happened n 88, 94 and is happening again now (quick put all the youth players in the england team; put an englishman in charge of the future english game - brooking , wilkinson - overseeing the development of the the state of the art burton complex, which i believe is still an overgrown field. sven failed as manager lets put an inoffensive englishman as manager). because of wengers arsenal 6ft odd ''athletes'' who could also kick a ball, this type of player has been popularised for the last 10 years. we now have spains midgets ''teaching'' us that you don''t need to bang your head on the crossbar to be any good. any youth product coming through on such criteria will have 2-4 years to attain an acceptable level before the goalposts move, and the new measurements for a ''world-class'' footballer are set in stone. if you can''t be good in the current fashionable fashion, then you can''t be good.it also comes down (as a previous poster pointed out) that youth football, as with all other types, nowadays, if you aren''t winning then you aren''t successful. and if you aren''t successful, you aren''t any good. woe betide a quality 8 year old playing the most beautiful of tiuches, playing for an u-10''s team who loses 10-1 every week.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Who is this cretin?

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The football you refer to is competitive football - something that is destroying english kids. I will show you a group of 5 and 6 year olds that have worked together for 18 months. I would challenge you to say which one couldnt make it.Then we will look again in 10 years to see if any are still left. If we could produce as you say 11 top players each year we would be mega rich. It just is not possible until the whole english system is revamped. As much as I respect you for giving up time to get kids involved I bet your team consists mainly of kids born between September and November as you are more interested in winning games than transfering talent into potential, thats the way the english game works. You sound very bitter that kids get a chance and I assume your kids get kicked out sentence is a dig that kids are taken from teams stopping that club from winning something when you should be helping kids as far up the ladder as possible. It is a cut throat business and you not only have to be the best but also the most determined and committed. Unfortunately a very small minority make it anywhere near the top, however managed well those that are not quite good enough can make a good living playing semi professional and coaching.

[/quote]

actually I manage a team as it was a dream to so. I don''t push away the youngest players and keep hold of the oldest! If a player wants to play football and is born in august then he can play. At the age of 9 most of them want to kick a ball around and see their mates on a. Saturday! The managers that only pick the ''best'' are the ones that spoil the game aare the ones who ''poach'' the best players from other teams!

We all want to win, but players will prefer to win with their mates than win with some boys he got thrown in win because he was good!

Ok, Can people please stop messing up my message board with quotes of quotes, of quotes, of quotes. There comes a point when it has to stop lol [:)]

Back onto the subject. Is there any rumours by any chance of anyone we may be getting on loan. It was mentioned on this post yesterday that we were supposed to be linked with Santa Cruz? Can anyone confirm this?

I know it sounds a little ridiculous but I read this morning that Mancini has already told him he''s probably going to be frozen out of his 25 man squad, which means surely the Championship teams will then come-a-knockin''.

Any thoughts or other possible loan rumours?

The last thing we need is some big time charlie coming into the squad and upsetting the way things are, as far as any further additions I suppose cover at right back could help either on loan (Boyata) or free agent (Rosenior or Gilbert).

Hmmmm I wonder if Cardiff are worried about the "big time Charlie" affect of Bellars?

Davo

I would guess that the difference between Bellamy going to his hometown club and a Paraguayan coming to Norwich where quite considerable. [;)]

Is anyone else hoping we grab another signing though? I don''t know why I''m hoping however as I think our team is pretty much what it needs to be.

Still, its nice to have a solid squad, not just a solid team

*Drogba.....You are getting veeeeryyy sleepy.....when you wake up, you will HATE Blue, and LOVE yellow!!!......You will also stop diving!!!!*