Sign in to follow this  
nycanary

Coming to Carrow Road. First time ever! Need advice.

Hi all,After 31 years of supporting the Canaries from afar, I''m finally making the pilgrimage to Carrow Road and will be there for the Tues night match vs Leicester on Sept 28.Now....where should I get seats?  I want to have a great view of the match but also some atmosphere.  And since its my first ever, I dont care how much the seats cost.  I''ve spoken to the club and they are saying I should get the VIP seats in the Jarrold Stand but I have no idea what they are talking about so, fellow supporters, what should I do?Thanks!

Jarrold is the best view but lower barclay is the best atmosphere! I sit in the upper n&p and it''s a really good view but there is no singing, or anything like an atmosphere!

If there IS a ticket for the lower barclay I think that would be your best bet!

Best View - Jarrold

Best astmosphere - lower Barclay (side near away fans)

I suspect the club told you to get those tickets as they are most expensive!!!

I sit in the Upper Barclay, which I find is a good compromise between atmosphere and good view.

norfolk ned -- yup, am in brooklyn.newyorkcanary - i think we''ve met before up at the pub when norwich played chelsea and we got it back to 1-1 (didn''t leon score or something?)  there were maybe 4 of us there....thanks for the advice, everyone.  it is a bit of a decision between best atmosphere in the lower barclay, which i would LOVE but i also do want the best view to take it all in....ok, will have to decide!

If I were you I''d go for the view. The view from the Jarrold is one of the best in the league and you get a good feel of the stadium. Depending how many tickets Leicester sell, they are likey to be allocated blocks F & G, so casual city fans will probably be allocated from block H and up. From block H you get a good perspective of the interaction between the groups of fans and how much noise both sets can make (or little if city are playing badly!).

You are unlikely to get a casual ticket in the lower barclay, and if you did you don''t get the best view. I think you get a better perspective of the game from the Jarrold, thats why I sit there. I left the Barclay because I got fed up of having to stand up to see because everyone else kept standing up, and decided the added atmosphere detracted from not actually being able to see what was going on. Either way enjoy it and welcome.

All these people saying the Lower Barclay is the best for atmosphere are utterly wrong. Ignore them.

If you''re after atmosphere, get yourself a ticket in the Snakepit. You may have to spend the game with a huge soddin'' post in front of you, but it''s worth it.

Jarold for the view all the way.I choose the Jarold because I got a season ticket with my Dad and he doesnt really like the atmosphere says it ditracts from the game, he remembers the good old days of flask of tea and sarnies during the game !

'' you''re after atmosphere, get yourself a ticket in the Snakepit. You may have to spend the game with a huge soddin'' post in front of you, but it''s worth it''

i have to agree :D

[quote user="nycanary"]Hi all,After 31 years of supporting the Canaries from afar, I''m finally making the pilgrimage to Carrow Road and will be there for the Tues night match vs Leicester on Sept 28.Now....where should I get seats?  I want to have a great view of the match but also some atmosphere.  And since its my first ever, I dont care how much the seats cost.  I''ve spoken to the club and they are saying I should get the VIP seats in the Jarrold Stand but I have no idea what they are talking about so, fellow supporters, what should I do?Thanks![/quote]hahahaha they would wouldnt they

Have a really good time, the first home game is special!I recommend the lower Barclay if you can get a ticket, if not the top of the Jarrold is good.

Front of the upper Barclay, the side nearest the Jarrold stand. Best for view and atmosphere and you can throw pies down on Nutty Nigel beneath you.[Y]

Hope you enjoy your first trip to Carrow Road, nycanary.If you want a good view without having to stand at all then the Jarrold Stand in Block K, right on the halfway line is the place to be. That said the atmosphere isn''t as good as in the Lower Barclay Stand, or the corner next to the Barclay known as the Snakepit, but you''ll probably be standing for all or part of the game.As it''s your first ever visit I''d e-mail the powers that be if it might be possible to have a look round the ground backstage. They''re usually pretty accommodating for that sort of thing and you never know you might even get to sit in the Directors Box. The downside to that is that it''s inhabitants are not renowed for getting the ground rocking......

Yes I hope you have a good time and I guess my son would let you use my seat in the Upper Barclay if you want to take up a previous suggestion. In the past I have taken a couple of US citizens to matches. The lady I took to the Jarrold Stand and she found it very enjoyable and now her three sons wear Norwich away strip on occasions. The guy I also took to the Jarrold Stand and he was an embarassment. He kept on shouting "Come on Big Yellow" which in the rarefied atmosphere of the Jarrold sounded very strange and out of place.

I guess it is a college shout perhaps. I did not choose to ask him.

[quote user=""]

All these people saying the Lower Barclay is the best for atmosphere are utterly wrong. Ignore them.

If you''re after atmosphere, get yourself a ticket in the Snakepit. You may have to spend the game with a huge soddin'' post in front of you, but it''s worth it.

[/quote]

Agreed, only the kids in the lower B think the atmosphere is good. TBH its all been pretty pants for a couple of seasons now.

Go for the best view, jarrold or for the best of both Upper B

Well you have to remember you want the whole package mate.Firstly you need to get yourself a good ale house for a few pre match drinks with fans.The Kings Arms up on hall road is a good spot, great ales, knowledgeable fans and not a chance of trouble (remember its Leicester so you never know :P), if yo uare down the other side of town then the Coach and Horses is a good bet.Post game you need to grab a taxi/lift/use your legs (if Americans ever do) and head to the Fat Cat. Best alehouse in the whole of the Uk so a definite must see......

Hi NY,

I firmly believe that the Jarold is the best option.

Yes the Barclay has the most noise but the view is nowhere near as good as that available from the Jarold.

On a good day the away fans are in strong voice and it rubs off on the Jarold, effectively trapping the sound of the visitors in their block.

I have had season tickets in this area since the stand opened now and have tried many different seats out from buying extra tickets when mates are down and the odd cup match.

I have found a slightly old video recorded at the final whistle of a great match a few years ago against Sheff Utd.

Here be the link http://upload.youtube.com/my_videos_upload 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYZMIdRptv4

Lol, anyone that tries to tell you the atmos in the Jarrold is good should be selling second hand cars for a living.