Sign in to follow this  
CantonsHero

My thoughts about the game

[quote user="CantonsHero"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Seems like when the team are doing well and there''s nothing to complain about, we all have to turn on each other.  Well, saves us getting bored I suppose.  Let''s play.I''m a little surprised that the teacher who wants people to be "passionate but not abusive" would then wish someone unemployment and a lack of family.  [/quote]WHAT!I never EVER said that! and nor did THE CANARY FANTHE CANARY FAN: Big slob, some people have jobs and families that wont allow them to go to every away match. Im guessing you have neither.Mister Chops, I''d appreciate an apology.[/quote]Yeah, that''s fair enough.  Sorry - mistaken identity on my part.I would dispute your second point:  the thread runs thus...[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

Big slob, some people have jobs and families that wont allow them to go to every away match. Im guessing you have neither.

[/quote][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[And...] nicely finished off with a pretty stupid assumption.

[/quote][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

Fair enough, the assumption was one of annoyance but I''m still hoping its true. [:)]

[/quote]You could read this as "I''m hoping my assumption he has no job & family is true" or you could read this as "I''m hoping he has no job and family", which isn''t quite the same thing and is in fact quite nasty.  Given the hostile tone of the thread, I''m ambivalent about calling it either way.Pretty obvious Bowgy''s a cock though.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="CantonsHero"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Seems like when the team are doing well and there''s nothing to complain about, we all have to turn on each other.  Well, saves us getting bored I suppose.  Let''s play.I''m a little surprised that the teacher who wants people to be "passionate but not abusive" would then wish someone unemployment and a lack of family.  [/quote]WHAT!I never EVER said that! and nor did THE CANARY FANTHE CANARY FAN: Big slob, some people have jobs and families that wont allow them to go to every away match. Im guessing you have neither.Mister Chops, I''d appreciate an apology.[/quote]Yeah, that''s fair enough.  Sorry - mistaken identity on my part.I would dispute your second point:  the thread runs thus...[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

Big slob, some people have jobs and families that wont allow them to go to every away match. Im guessing you have neither.

Fair enough, the assumption was one of annoyance but I''m still hoping its true. [:)]

[/quote]You could read this as "I''m hoping my assumption he has no job & family is true" or you could read this as "I''m hoping he has no job and family", which isn''t quite the same thing and is in fact quite nasty.  Given the hostile tone of the thread, I''m ambivalent about calling it either way.Pretty obvious Bowgy''s a cock though.[/quote]Oo charming!

[quote user="Bowgy"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="CantonsHero"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Seems like when the team are doing well and there''s nothing to complain about, we all have to turn on each other.  Well, saves us getting bored I suppose.  Let''s play.I''m a little surprised that the teacher who wants people to be "passionate but not abusive" would then wish someone unemployment and a lack of family.  [/quote]WHAT!I never EVER said that! and nor did THE CANARY FANTHE CANARY FAN: Big slob, some people have jobs and families that wont allow them to go to every away match. Im guessing you have neither.Mister Chops, I''d appreciate an apology.[/quote]Yeah, that''s fair enough.  Sorry - mistaken identity on my part.I would dispute your second point:  the thread runs thus...[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]You could read this as "I''m hoping my assumption he has no job & family is true" or you could read this as "I''m hoping he has no job and family", which isn''t quite the same thing and is in fact quite nasty.  Given the hostile tone of the thread, I''m ambivalent about calling it either way.Pretty obvious Bowgy''s a cock though.[/quote]Oo charming! [/quote][:D]Let''s hope there''s an NCFC scandal soon so we all have something to actually talk about instead of argue with our fellow fans...

[quote user="Bowgy"]Please, Were is that pesky wizard when you need him ey![/quote]It''s his turn to take one off Stephen Fry.No wonder all our fans stay standing up! [:O]

How do are you supposed to create an atmosphere sitting down? Why do you think Grant Holt always chooses to shoot towards the Barclay second half? Those that are standing up generally make more noise and suck the ball into the goal. It has already been mentioned that next time you want to sit down, ask for a seat at the front. There may be a day where I would prefer to sit down but I appreciate there are those that prefer to stand up. Fair point about the stewards, they are only doing their jobs. Some are jobsworths though so I can see why they get flack. On a side note, as, a, teacher, I''d, have, thought, you''d, know, the, proper, use, of, a, comma.,

[quote user="CantonsHero"][quote user="Northamptonncfc"]

[quote user="CantonsHero"]And just remember there''s a difference between passion and agression, chanting and swearing. I know when Elliot Ward was mauled down in the box, that my scream of "What THE HELL! You''ve got to be kidding" was loud; cause I had many turning round to look a me. It was passionate but not abusive, and I just don''t see why others can''t follow suit.
[/quote]

Why should everyone follow suit? As you stated earlier on in this thread your a teacher but these are adults who have worked hard throughout the week and it''s just their way of letting off steam, you can''t enforce your rules or morals on how they should behave at a football game. They''re not breaking the law and you certainly might not agree with what they sing or say, but their fans who have paid for the tickets and they have the same right as everyone else to be there supporting their team.

[/quote]

First of all, I don''t know if that is a crack at teachers, but I tell you I work harder than 95% of the people on this board and at that stadium, so you quit making cheap shots like that. Why shouldn''t I empose my morals. I don''t give a hoot if people work hard or not. They have no right to behave how they want to. People going to the cinema, shouting and talking; they''ve paid their ticket. Surely they can behave how they want to. Even if they''re asked by others to be quiet. Those can just move to the front where they can''t hear the chatters. Even if the usher comes in; sod him; you want a conversation and you have us much right as everyone else to do what you want; so ignore him.

People going shopping; chucking the clothes they don''t like on the floor; they''ve got money; they''re going to buy something; they''ve got as much rigth to be there as other shoppers; so sod them.

Drivers on the road cutting into other lanes; they''ve got as much right to be on the road; so sod the others on the road. If they don''t like being cut up or jeered at, they could use another road.

So, you know what, I''m a moral person, with a level head and it''s irritating when people think they have rights to put others out. If you put one person out for yourself then you should feel guilty. If you want to stand and you want to come up with the rubbish "if they can''t see then move over there" YOU MOVE OVER THERE. If the stewards ask you to sit down THEN SIT DOWN. How hard is for you people to understand that?
[/quote]

Just 95% of the people? Wow have a gold star for that mate, there is no doubts you do work hard but do you know 95% of this forum to make that assumption? It''s a free country Canston let people do what they like providing it''s not breaking the law or causing severe distress. Compairing a cinema to a football match is a bit of poor example as most people are usually quiet unless the films pants. Impose your morals if you want, but the two thousand or so fans there yesterday probably won''t agree with you. It''s your opinion and your entitled to it. You said the person sat next to you had kids at the game, It''s an away game your likely to get the more lively fans in attendance and I''m quite sure some of the language they heard in stands yesterday is no different to what they hear in the playground.

I think our fans were well behaved yesterday you might think different. When someone annoys you on a flight or on a train Canston do you write a letter of digust to their customer services department or CEO? Face it people are going to annoy and irritate you wherever you go whether it''s some chavvy aggressive git in a pub or some snob in a restaurant treating the staff like trash, there is no point getting wound up about it.

[quote user="CantonsHero"][quote user="Northamptonncfc"]

[quote user="CantonsHero"]And just remember there''s a difference between passion and agression, chanting and swearing. I know when Elliot Ward was mauled down in the box, that my scream of "What THE HELL! You''ve got to be kidding" was loud; cause I had many turning round to look a me. It was passionate but not abusive, and I just don''t see why others can''t follow suit.[/quote]

Why should everyone follow suit? As you stated earlier on in this thread your a teacher but these are adults who have worked hard throughout the week and it''s just their way of letting off steam, you can''t enforce your rules or morals on how they should behave at a football game. They''re not breaking the law and you certainly might not agree with what they sing or say, but their fans who have paid for the tickets and they have the same right as everyone else to be there supporting their team.

[/quote]First of all, I don''t know if that is a crack at teachers, but I tell you I work harder than 95% of the people on this board and at that stadium, so you quit making cheap shots like that. Why shouldn''t I empose my morals. I don''t give a hoot if people work hard or not. They have no right to behave how they want to. People going to the cinema, shouting and talking; they''ve paid their ticket. Surely they can behave how they want to. Even if they''re asked by others to be quiet. Those can just move to the front where they can''t hear the chatters. Even if the usher comes in; sod him; you want a conversation and you have us much right as everyone else to do what you want; so ignore him.People going shopping; chucking the clothes they don''t like on the floor; they''ve got money; they''re going to buy something; they''ve got as much rigth to be there as other shoppers; so sod them.Drivers on the road cutting into other lanes; they''ve got as much right to be on the road; so sod the others on the road. If they don''t like being cut up or jeered at, they could use another road.So, you know what, I''m a moral person, with a level head and it''s irritating when people think they have rights to put others out. If you put one person out for yourself then you should feel guilty. If you want to stand and you want to come up with the rubbish "if they can''t see then move over there" YOU MOVE OVER THERE. If the stewards ask you to sit down THEN SIT DOWN. How hard is for you people to understand that?[/quote]Hmm...[^o)]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]If you don''t want to hear swearing, or if you don''t want your children exposed to it, then a football match is not the place for you. Simples.[/quote]But children are where the next twenty years of fans are coming from.

[quote user="Swaaaffham Boy "][quote user="CantonsHero"][quote user="Northamptonncfc"]

[quote user="CantonsHero"]And just remember there''s a difference between passion and agression, chanting and swearing. I know when Elliot Ward was mauled down in the box, that my scream of "What THE HELL! You''ve got to be kidding" was loud; cause I had many turning round to look a me. It was passionate but not abusive, and I just don''t see why others can''t follow suit.[/quote]

[/quote]First of all, I don''t know if that is a crack at teachers, but I tell you I work harder than 95% of the people on this board and at that stadium, so you quit making cheap shots like that. Why shouldn''t I empose my morals. I don''t give a hoot if people work hard or not. They have no right to behave how they want to. People going to the cinema, shouting and talking; they''ve paid their ticket. Surely they can behave how they want to. Even if they''re asked by others to be quiet. Those can just move to the front where they can''t hear the chatters. Even if the usher comes in; sod him; you want a conversation and you have us much right as everyone else to do what you want; so ignore him.People going shopping; chucking the clothes they don''t like on the floor; they''ve got money; they''re going to buy something; they''ve got as much rigth to be there as other shoppers; so sod them.Drivers on the road cutting into other lanes; they''ve got as much right to be on the road; so sod the others on the road. If they don''t like being cut up or jeered at, they could use another road.So, you know what, I''m a moral person, with a level head and it''s irritating when people think they have rights to put others out. If you put one person out for yourself then you should feel guilty. If you want to stand and you want to come up with the rubbish "if they can''t see then move over there" YOU MOVE OVER THERE. If the stewards ask you to sit down THEN SIT DOWN. How hard is for you people to understand that?[/quote]Hmm...[^o)] [/quote]I too can select parts of posts to bold to make a point. Try look at the segments in context.I don''t give a hoot if people work hard or not. They have no right to behave how they want to.

[quote user="CantonsHero"][quote user="Swaaaffham Boy "][quote user="CantonsHero"][quote user="Northamptonncfc"]

[/quote]First of all, I don''t know if that is a crack at teachers, but I tell you I work harder than 95% of the people on this board and at that stadium, so you quit making cheap shots like that. Why shouldn''t I empose my morals. I don''t give a hoot if people work hard or not. They have no right to behave how they want to. People going to the cinema, shouting and talking; they''ve paid their ticket. Surely they can behave how they want to. Even if they''re asked by others to be quiet. Those can just move to the front where they can''t hear the chatters. Even if the usher comes in; sod him; you want a conversation and you have us much right as everyone else to do what you want; so ignore him.People going shopping; chucking the clothes they don''t like on the floor; they''ve got money; they''re going to buy something; they''ve got as much rigth to be there as other shoppers; so sod them.Drivers on the road cutting into other lanes; they''ve got as much right to be on the road; so sod the others on the road. If they don''t like being cut up or jeered at, they could use another road.So, you know what, I''m a moral person, with a level head and it''s irritating when people think they have rights to put others out. If you put one person out for yourself then you should feel guilty. If you want to stand and you want to come up with the rubbish "if they can''t see then move over there" YOU MOVE OVER THERE. If the stewards ask you to sit down THEN SIT DOWN. How hard is for you people to understand that?[/quote]Hmm...[^o)] [/quote]I too can select parts of posts to bold to make a point. Try look at the segments in context.I don''t give a hoot if people work hard or not. They have no right to behave how they want to. [/quote][quote]I too can select parts of posts to bold to make a point.[/quote] Congratulations. Yes they do! They''ve payed their money to go to the match, and have every right to enjoy themselves, to a certain extent anyway.

Well chaps. That was enjoyable read and I''m glad that the vast majority of posters agreed, in principle with my reply on page one and my fellow Bury trouble maker Mr Green.

I have no idea who the OP is but I''m jolly glad he doesn''t sit anywhere near me at a game.... especially if we are losing!!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Well chaps. That was enjoyable read and I''m glad that the vast majority of posters agreed, in principle with my reply on page one and my fellow Bury trouble maker Mr Green.

I have no idea who the OP is but I''m jolly glad he doesn''t sit anywhere near me at a game.... especially if we are losing!![/quote]Why''s that?

[quote user="Big Slob"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Big Slob"]
Thankyou Mr Carrow for standing up for me.

First off The Canary fan you sound like an absolute tosser. Wishing i have no family and no job in your other post, is pure evil and spiteful, considering your making that assumption on one post of mine. Let''s hope the phrase "what goes around comes around" doesn''t come back to haunt you. I wont bother answering your petty points at Mr Carrow has done so and made you look like a bit of a tit. At no point did i say that if you didn''t go to Blackburn on tuesday you weren''t a loyal supporter. If somebody however does question my support then that is when i will bring out the facts where i have been to, and where the chap hasn''t. I''d also like to know what makes you think i''m a "new breed" of supporter?
[/quote]

Mr Carrow Quote "Absolute bull**** it''s got nothing to do with respect, and i sure didn''t see him at Blackburn on tuesday night, so much for loyal eh?"

I think maybe now it is you who looks like a bit of a tit.

[/quote]
You didn''t answer my question. You''re either very thick (which is highly likely considering your poor spelling, and the fact your wishing me to be unemployed and have no family, something any decent person wouldn''t wish on their worst enemy) or you''re just getting the wrong end of the stick. He was questioning my loyalty, so in other words say that he is more loyal a fan than i am. (get it so far?) To which i''m responding by saying i made the 700 mile round trip to Blackburn and got back after 4am. So i''m saying how can he question my loyalty, or say he is more of a loyal fan than me. It''s not meant as a "I''m more loyal than everyone else on this board who didn''t go" Because people (even you maybe) will have been to some games that i haven''t.
You''re also wrong (again) on the swearing aspect. The forum has an auto swearing filter, and the word s h i t obviously comes under that, and is asterisked out straight away. You''re getting confused, because when you quote me it is then it the text box that it appears. Now i''m not going to reply to you again for reasons mentioned above, because you are utter scum.

[/quote]

No your statement CLEARLY states that a fan (regardless of who he is) isnt loyal becasue he didnt go to the Blackburn match. I dont care what you say or if it was a retort to someone questioning your loyalty, you made that point VERY VERY clear in that sentance. Read it again and it might sink in - "I sure didnt see you at the Blackburn match, so much for loyal eh?" Please tell me again that that doesnt colaborate my point. I could do with another giggle.

I dont actuallywish you had no family or no job. That was cruel, I wouldnt wish that on even you. Though I do wish the likes of you and that filthy scumbag Bowgy didnt come on this website, as well as go to football matches, because your vulgar attitudes show no respect for others.

I hope you can stick to your word and not reply. PLEASE........

To be fair to the bloke who asked people to sit. (And thats all he did to start with before people retaliated) those at the back in the middle couldnt see a thing past the halfway line on saturday thanks to a brilliantly placed scaffold tower!

Dont get me wrong, I hate sitting down, which is why I always request seats at the back (away season ticket option). But im 5''8 and had to bend down for 90mins, and he was probably 6''2 (and 30 yrs older)!

Not sure if he asked for a different seat, but couldnt see an spare from where I was.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Big Slob"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Big Slob"]Thankyou Mr Carrow for standing up for me.First off The Canary fan you sound like an absolute tosser. Wishing i have no family and no job in your other post, is pure evil and spiteful, considering your making that assumption on one post of mine. Let''s hope the phrase "what goes around comes around" doesn''t come back to haunt you. I wont bother answering your petty points at Mr Carrow has done so and made you look like a bit of a tit. At no point did i say that if you didn''t go to Blackburn on tuesday you weren''t a loyal supporter. If somebody however does question my support then that is when i will bring out the facts where i have been to, and where the chap hasn''t. I''d also like to know what makes you think i''m a "new breed" of supporter? [/quote]

Mr Carrow Quote "Absolute bull**** it''s got nothing to do with respect, and i sure didn''t see him at Blackburn on tuesday night, so much for loyal eh?"

[/quote]You didn''t answer my question. You''re either very thick (which is highly likely considering your poor spelling, and the fact your wishing me to be unemployed and have no family, something any decent person wouldn''t wish on their worst enemy) or you''re just getting the wrong end of the stick. He was questioning my loyalty, so in other words say that he is more loyal a fan than i am. (get it so far?) To which i''m responding by saying i made the 700 mile round trip to Blackburn and got back after 4am. So i''m saying how can he question my loyalty, or say he is more of a loyal fan than me. It''s not meant as a "I''m more loyal than everyone else on this board who didn''t go" Because people (even you maybe) will have been to some games that i haven''t. You''re also wrong (again) on the swearing aspect. The forum has an auto swearing filter, and the word s h i t obviously comes under that, and is asterisked out straight away. You''re getting confused, because when you quote me it is then it the text box that it appears. Now i''m not going to reply to you again for reasons mentioned above, because you are utter scum. [/quote]

No your statement CLEARLY states that a fan (regardless of who he is) isnt loyal becasue he didnt go to the Blackburn match. I dont care what you say or if it was a retort to someone questioning your loyalty, you made that point VERY VERY clear in that sentance. Read it again and it might sink in - "I sure didnt see you at the Blackburn match, so much for loyal eh?" Please tell me again that that doesnt colaborate my point. I could do with another giggle.

I dont actuallywish you had no family or no job. That was cruel, I wouldnt wish that on even you. Though I do wish the likes of you and that filthy scumbag Bowgy didnt come on this website, as well as go to football matches, because your vulgar attitudes show no respect for others.

[/quote]We show no respect to others, rephrase - we show no respect to you or that cantons guy. i and im sure bigslob respect the mojority of posters on here, but when someone comes on moaning about petty things, wishing someone no family or job i can asure you that the respect that you want will soon go. Also how can you tell my attitude from a computer?100% Bellend.

[quote user="Bowgy"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Big Slob"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Big Slob"]Thankyou Mr Carrow for standing up for me.First off The Canary fan you sound like an absolute tosser. Wishing i have no family and no job in your other post, is pure evil and spiteful, considering your making that assumption on one post of mine. Let''s hope the phrase "what goes around comes around" doesn''t come back to haunt you. I wont bother answering your petty points at Mr Carrow has done so and made you look like a bit of a tit. At no point did i say that if you didn''t go to Blackburn on tuesday you weren''t a loyal supporter. If somebody however does question my support then that is when i will bring out the facts where i have been to, and where the chap hasn''t. I''d also like to know what makes you think i''m a "new breed" of supporter? [/quote]

[/quote]You didn''t answer my question. You''re either very thick (which is highly likely considering your poor spelling, and the fact your wishing me to be unemployed and have no family, something any decent person wouldn''t wish on their worst enemy) or you''re just getting the wrong end of the stick. He was questioning my loyalty, so in other words say that he is more loyal a fan than i am. (get it so far?) To which i''m responding by saying i made the 700 mile round trip to Blackburn and got back after 4am. So i''m saying how can he question my loyalty, or say he is more of a loyal fan than me. It''s not meant as a "I''m more loyal than everyone else on this board who didn''t go" Because people (even you maybe) will have been to some games that i haven''t. You''re also wrong (again) on the swearing aspect. The forum has an auto swearing filter, and the word s h i t obviously comes under that, and is asterisked out straight away. You''re getting confused, because when you quote me it is then it the text box that it appears. Now i''m not going to reply to you again for reasons mentioned above, because you are utter scum. [/quote]

[/quote]We show no respect to others, rephrase - we show no respect to you or that cantons guy. i and im sure bigslob respect the mojority of posters on here, but when someone comes on moaning about petty things, wishing someone no family or job i can asure you that the respect that you want will soon go. Also how can you tell my attitude from a computer?100% Bellend. [/quote]I was all ready to ignore this thread to be fair, but throughout this I have managed to formulate and describe an opinion eloquently without resorting to name calling to insults. I have defended myself and defended those who were being insulted and if you don''t agree with me that''s fine. I don''t agree with you or the way that you make your opinion known but I respect that you have the right to demonstrate it. Even if you don''t agree with me, then you should at least respect my right to an opinion, respect the opinion, and respect the way I conduct myself.

"Moaning about petty things?" - Having your view of a football match impeded and being tourmented by fellow fans are petty things are they?

How can I tell your attitude from a compter? Eh, maybe by the idiotic words you continuously post? Or maybe by the stupid picture of you (which clearly holds proud memories for you). You look like an absolute joke in that picture.

Talking about our fans as I was leaving I was a bit embarrassed to hear 5 young lads  singing ''''Steve Wright hates Ipswich Town etc etc etc'''' refering to the murdered prostitutes, that reflects on us all doesn''t it??.

[quote user="CantonsHero"]People going shopping; chucking the clothes they don''t like on the floor; they''ve got money; they''re going to buy something; they''ve got as much rigth to be there as other shoppers; so sod them.[/quote]But people seem to love Primark..

This issue has plenty of shades of grey about it, which, in my opinion, are not being fully addressed by the OP, just as they are certainly not being addressed by some of the replies to him.

The most important thing I would say in reply to Cantons Hero is that, because of the absurd decision to remove terracing in the wake of the Taylor report, fans who want to stand up to support their team no longer have that option. It is therefore inevitable that in the areas of football grounds where the most passionate fans congregate, which obviously includes every away end, there are going to be lots of people who flout the absurd ban on standing. It''s all very well you saying that we should do what the stewards tell you, but we all know that the supposed health and safety reasons given for the ban on standing are nonsense and when a steward is telling you to sit down despite the fact that you are not causing any harm by doing so, and despite the fact that the fans in the home areas seem to be able to stand with impunity, I can completely understand a fan being annoyed about being told what to do in this way. In an ideal world, there should be standing areas in all grounds so that those who want to stand can do so, and those who do not can sit in seated areas where, I would then agree, it would be unreasonable to stand persistently.

As things stand, I think it''s fair to suggest that if you want to sit and watch your football in peace and quiet with no one around you standing, jumping up and down, shouting or swearing, you should go and sit in an area of the ground where that is the culture. I don''t think you should go in the away end and complain that people are behaving like football supporters.

looool is the OP for real???? he wants our fans to go to away games and sit there? ffs man get a grip. sitting down at away games is total s**t and boring. what would you prefer going to scunthorpe the other week where everyone was sat and the atmosphere was crap, or a number of away games last year (take your pick) where everyone was stood and the atmosphere was great?if you want to travel halfway accross the country to just sit there then ask for a ticket at the front. 90% of games the TO will give you one and you can be happy.cant believe my eyes reading that post. unreal.