Sign in to follow this  
CantonsHero

My thoughts about the game

[quote user="Bowgy"]100% agree with you slob, swindon away last season, in the stand with no roof everyone stood, all the elderly moved to the front so they can see.

i bet most of you moaners go to about 3 games a season, when you are aloud out of your carehome.
[/quote]

I think, Bowgy, if some of us have been to several hundred Norwich matches-home, away, and in mainland Europe, our view is just as valid as yours-I assume your photo of the juvenile giving someone the finger is of yourself? So why is it OK for you to not only post your thoughts and opinion, but to celebrate it with a self portrait?

And all in our "sixties" -FFS, that won''t be for a long, LONG time for me. So sorry if I don''t conform to your rules and go to the game looking for something other than the football to "kick off"!

You have your opinion, fine, thats your thing, get on with it. Let other people have theirs without you being confrontational to your fellow Norwich supporters.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Big Slob"]I stood the whole match, even though the stewards asked us to sit. It''s a football match for god sake, i don''t get why they make you sit? A guy 2 rows behind us had a go at us for standing, even though pretty much everyone towards the back was standing for the whole match. Surely by going to an away match if you want to sit you make sure you get seats at the front, or don''t go at all. I''m fed up of fellow supporters asking others to sit down. The atmosphere was much better when we were all standing. I appreciate some older supporters may not be able to stand for the duration, but surely ask for seats at the front not 5 rows from the back. He then questioned our support for the club, and told us that we should respect our elders. Absolute bullshit it''s got nothing to do with respect, and i sure didn''t see him at Blackburn on tuesday night, so much for loyal eh?
[/quote]

This typifies the new breed of Norwich fan. What an absolute cretin.

a - He uses bad language on a site that is frequented by minors.

b - He has no respect for his fellow fans.

c - He has no respect for stewards whos job btw is to ensure that everyone gets a good view of the match.

d - He is of the belief that if you dont go to a Carling Cup macth 250 miles away on a cold Tuesday night you are disloyal to the club.

Big slob, some people have jobs and families that wont allow them to go to every away match. Im guessing you have neither.

[/quote]

a - The bad language is asterisked out (unlike your offensive "cretin" jibe).

b - Looks like he had plenty of respect for the majority of the fellow fans in his area who wanted to stand.  Why should one moaner (who can move given the end wasn`t sold out) get his own way over the will of dozens of others?

c - No sign of lack of respect to the stewards, just realism that if the majority of a particular area want to stand they probably will.  A point well and truly proved by the fact that there is a block of Forest fans who are allowed to stand all game, every game.

d - Agree on that point.

And nicely finished off with a pretty stupid assumption.

Stewards at most grounds are completely lax with their own fans whilst having a genuine commitment to moving on/out, silencing, or harassing the away supporters!

Wait until the Reading game. They let their own fans get away with just about anything, but if you''re an away fan-tsk, you almost have to raise your arm if you want to go to the gents!

There''ll be a thread or two after we''ve been to the Madjeski, have no fear.

I have got to get this off my chest.I was at the game yesterday with my son who is 13,my mate and his son who is 15.If you were to have met me before the game you would have most probably come to the conclusion that I was a preTty decent family man who loves hie football,which I am.On the other hand if you stood next to me at a game you would most probably think the opposite,because I like many others get taken over by the sheer excitement only a football match can bring.Apart from one or two these fans you moan about are decent people who jusT cant help themselves if the odd expletive leaves there mouth.So please dont come on here spouting your absolute drivel.ITS FOOTBALL,GET USED TO IT MAN.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Big Slob"]I stood the whole match, even though the stewards asked us to sit. It''s a football match for god sake, i don''t get why they make you sit? A guy 2 rows behind us had a go at us for standing, even though pretty much everyone towards the back was standing for the whole match. Surely by going to an away match if you want to sit you make sure you get seats at the front, or don''t go at all. I''m fed up of fellow supporters asking others to sit down. The atmosphere was much better when we were all standing. I appreciate some older supporters may not be able to stand for the duration, but surely ask for seats at the front not 5 rows from the back. He then questioned our support for the club, and told us that we should respect our elders. Absolute bullshit it''s got nothing to do with respect, and i sure didn''t see him at Blackburn on tuesday night, so much for loyal eh?
[/quote]

c - He has no respect for stewards whos job btw is to ensure that everyone gets a good view of the match.

d - He is of the belief that if you dont go to a Carling Cup macth 250 miles away on a cold Tuesday night you are disloyal to the club.

Big slob, some people have jobs and families that wont allow them to go to every away match. Im guessing you have neither.

[/quote]

a - The bad language is asterisked out (unlike your offensive "cretin" jibe).

b - Looks like he had plenty of respect for the majority of the fellow fans in his area who wanted to stand.  Why should one moaner (who can move given the end wasn`t sold out) get his own way over the will of dozens of others?

c - No sign of lack of respect to the stewards, just realism that if the majority of a particular area want to stand they probably will.  A point well and truly proved by the fact that there is a block of Forest fans who are allowed to stand all game, every game.

d - Agree on that point.

And nicely finished off with a pretty stupid assumption.

[/quote]

a - It wasnt at the time of posting. It was only removed after I spotted it. So it could have been seen by minors. And if you believe cretin is foul language you need to read the dictionary more.

b - One moaner? Haha, yeah, Im sure there is only one moaner at every away match? From my experiences most fans only stand when an attack occurs. Maybe my eyesite is failing me. Point remains -  He had no respect for his fellow fans, regardless of how many. And anyone who prefers to stand for the duration of a football match is imo demented. It just irks the fellow fan, the stewards, and I imagine your legs.

c - If you consciously ignore and insult people who''s job is primarily to ensure the safety and well being of football supporters - you have no respect for them. Plain and simple.

d - Well done you.

Fair enough, the assumption was one of annoyance but I''m still hoping its true. [:)]

a - There is no edit button on these forums so i`m not sure what you`re talking about.

b - "A guy 2 rows behind us had a go at us for standing, even though pretty much everyone towards the back was standing for the whole match".  Sounds very much like one moaner (who could`ve moved) amongst a group of people who wanted to stand.  As i posted earlier, i`ve been in a similar situation at an away game and i fail to see why dozens of people should do something they don`t want to do because one person deems himself more important- it`s selfishness, pure and simple.

c - Where does the poster say he insulted the stewards?  Why were stewards not insisting on "the safety and well being" of the Forest fans who are allowed to stand the whole time with no hassle?

Why are you hoping someone is unemployed?

I thought our fans were fine and don''t see why people have a problem, it''s a breath of fresh air to see supporters enjoying themselves. In all honesty I prefer away games much more in comparison to home games, as I cannot stand the biscuit chasing hooray Henry''s who seem to complain and whinge about drunken louts which is anyone who appears to remotely be having fun at a Carrow Road.

Judging by some of the post on here we should sit there with our bag of Weathers Originals and keep silent like good fans, perhaps we should all go watch the ruggers too. People pay their hard earned money to watch and enjoy the game, so long as your not being threatened or attacked I don''t see why some people expect other fans to behave impeccably.

[quote user="Northamptonncfc"]

I thought our fans were fine and don''t see why people have a problem, it''s a breath of fresh air to see supporters enjoying themselves. In all honesty I prefer away games much more in comparison to home games, as I cannot stand the biscuit chasing hooray Henry''s who seem to complain and whinge about drunken louts which is anyone who appears to remotely be having fun at a Carrow Road.

Judging by some of the post on here we should sit there with our bag of Weathers Originals and keep silent like good fans, perhaps we should all go watch the ruggers too. People pay their hard earned money to watch and enjoy the game, so long as your not being threatened or attacked I don''t see why some people expect other fans to behave impeccably.

[/quote]

Thankyou and well said...

[:)][quote user="crowey66"]I have got to get this off my chest.I was at the game yesterday with my son who is 13,my mate and his son who is 15.If you were to have met me before the game you would have most probably come to the conclusion that I was a preTty decent family man who loves hie football,which I am.On the other hand if you stood next to me at a game you would most probably think the opposite,because I like many others get taken over by the sheer excitement only a football match can bring.Apart from one or two these fans you moan about are decent people who jusT cant help themselves if the odd expletive leaves there mouth.So please dont come on here spouting your absolute drivel.ITS FOOTBALL,GET USED TO IT MAN.[/quote]Can relate to that. [:)] The passion takes over and I turn into a swearing machine, sorry for anyone that''s nearby and doesn''t like it, but hey ho that''s football. It''s not to be confused with physical violence though. As for kids, well it''s a good educational experience for them to learn where and when swearing etc is appropriate, and it is appropriate at football when the wan*** ref gives a dodgy pen away.....

I''d like to know where these Forest fans who were standing the whole game were, because every time I looked they were sitting down.I think we need to bring these debate to an end, as it''s all very circular. Personally I love the rush of standing up as we attack. I was disappointed with the aggressive attitude of some fans, but I enjoyed the company of lots, and the conversation with others; just ask that you think next time you shout abuse at the stewards, or decide to stand because "those fans up there are standing".

And just remember there''s a difference between passion and agression, chanting and swearing. I know when Elliot Ward was mauled down in the box, that my scream of "What THE HELL! You''ve got to be kidding" was loud; cause I had many turning round to look a me. It was passionate but not abusive, and I just don''t see why others can''t follow suit.

[quote user="CantonsHero"]And just remember there''s a difference between passion and agression, chanting and swearing. I know when Elliot Ward was mauled down in the box, that my scream of "What THE HELL! You''ve got to be kidding" was loud; cause I had many turning round to look a me. It was passionate but not abusive, and I just don''t see why others can''t follow suit.
[/quote]

Why should everyone follow suit? As you stated earlier on in this thread your a teacher but these are adults who have worked hard throughout the week and it''s just their way of letting off steam, you can''t enforce your rules or morals on how they should behave at a football game. They''re not breaking the law and you certainly might not agree with what they sing or say, but their fans who have paid for the tickets and they have the same right as everyone else to be there supporting their team.

[quote user="Big Slob"]I stood the whole match, even though the stewards asked us to sit. It''s a football match for god sake, i don''t get why they make you sit? A guy 2 rows behind us had a go at us for standing, even though pretty much everyone towards the back was standing for the whole match. Surely by going to an away match if you want to sit you make sure you get seats at the front, or don''t go at all. I''m fed up of fellow supporters asking others to sit down. The atmosphere was much better when we were all standing. I appreciate some older supporters may not be able to stand for the duration, but surely ask for seats at the front not 5 rows from the back. He then questioned our support for the club, and told us that we should respect our elders. Absolute bullshit it''s got nothing to do with respect, and i sure didn''t see him at Blackburn on tuesday night, so much for loyal eh?[/quote]

[/quote]Thankyou Mr Carrow for standing up for me.First off The Canary fan you sound like an absolute tosser. Wishing i have no family and no job in your other post, is pure evil and spiteful, considering your making that assumption on one post of mine. Let''s hope the phrase "what goes around comes around" doesn''t come back to haunt you. I wont bother answering your petty points at Mr Carrow has done so and made you look like a bit of a tit. At no point did i say that if you didn''t go to Blackburn on tuesday you weren''t a loyal supporter. If somebody however does question my support then that is when i will bring out the facts where i have been to, and where the chap hasn''t. I''d also like to know what makes you think i''m a "new breed" of supporter?

Good post Old Shuck.You say it is a tough call.  I think it is about respect for other people, and when you understand that and act accordingly then you won''t be too far away.  This respect is two way though, so not only the guy shouting and swearing, but also whoever is upset by the shouting and swearing should respect the other persons rights to air his opinions.  Pretty much the same for the sit down rule.  I prefer to stand as much as the next person, but if I am in someones way then I will always move or sit down and that''s pretty much the way it should be.  I think that the stewards should take an even handed approach, you can not, make that should not lay down the law in the away section and leave the home section to do as they please.As for the taunting of the other fans, well nothing wrong with a bit of good humored banter, but you need to know where to draw the line.  It is usually away games that I attend, and I have been caught once or twice by home fans seeking retribution.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

a - There is no edit button on these forums so i`m not sure what you`re talking about.

b - "A guy 2 rows behind us had a go at us for standing, even though pretty much everyone towards the back was standing for the whole match".  Sounds very much like one moaner (who could`ve moved) amongst a group of people who wanted to stand.  As i posted earlier, i`ve been in a similar situation at an away game and i fail to see why dozens of people should do something they don`t want to do because one person deems himself more important- it`s selfishness, pure and simple.

c - Where does the poster say he insulted the stewards?  Why were stewards not insisting on "the safety and well being" of the Forest fans who are allowed to stand the whole time with no hassle?

[/quote]

Christ alight, I''ll go again.....

a - This site has moderators. Sometimes they dont pick up on swearing, as in this time. They spotted it after it had been posted, and corrected it. Comprendey?

b - Listen, he shouldnt have to move. He paid for his ticket and picked the seat which suited him best. He shouldnt have to move because other fans can abide by the law. Just sit down when told and stop blocking peoples views of the match.

c - Im guessing he insulted the steward by not helping him to do his job. I used to be steward and they have to put up with discusting behaviour. People dont just ignore them, they taunt them. I once had a fan insinute he would cut my throat because I politely asked him to sit down. I had him removed. You will enjoy the game just as much parked on your arse.

Yes I am. Without a job he cant pay to go to games. His post was discusting and people with such little opinion of others fans dont rate highly in my book. And neither do you.

[quote user="Big Slob"]
Thankyou Mr Carrow for standing up for me.

First off The Canary fan you sound like an absolute tosser. Wishing i have no family and no job in your other post, is pure evil and spiteful, considering your making that assumption on one post of mine. Let''s hope the phrase "what goes around comes around" doesn''t come back to haunt you. I wont bother answering your petty points at Mr Carrow has done so and made you look like a bit of a tit. At no point did i say that if you didn''t go to Blackburn on tuesday you weren''t a loyal supporter. If somebody however does question my support then that is when i will bring out the facts where i have been to, and where the chap hasn''t. I''d also like to know what makes you think i''m a "new breed" of supporter?
[/quote]

Mr Carrow Quote "Absolute bull**** it''s got nothing to do with respect, and i sure didn''t see him at Blackburn on tuesday night, so much for loyal eh?"

I think maybe now it is you who looks like a bit of a tit.

I learnt years ago that is a waste of time trying to tell the stewards how to do their jobs cause their only doing what their told to do and can''t do it any other way!

I always laugh at the Jack the Lad types who spend part of the match not concentrating on the day, instead choosing to argue the rights and wrongs with stewards. I''ve seen this at nearly every away game I''ve been to in recent years!

I enjoy a bit a banter with away fans but refrain from giving them hand signals and missing parts of the game staring at them. In fact I go to the game to watch it, not look at away fans I don''t know!

As for swearing, I well remember old boys in their flat caps swearing for England at Carrow Road in the 50''s. I''d estimate that any adult whos been watching Norwich for a number of years would of sworn at a football match!                                                                    Anyone that says its getting worse are talking rubbish. Its fact that in a large crowd watching a football match, their is going to be a minority that are going to be idiots and unless they become a real problem they should be ignored!

I come from the era when Carrow Road only had one area of seating, the main stand and well remember how disapointed I was in the mid 70''s when the old South Stand was converted into a seated area. I was also there at the end of the 1991/92 season when our ground last saw proper standing areas and have missed it ever since. I find the situation with stewards up and down all the game telling fans to sit complete bulls hit and unecessary. Unecessary cause their is no justification in not having some areas of safe standing areas. Banning standing areas was nothing to do with safety and this is proved in the Taylor reoprt on the Hillsborough disaster. Properly managed grounds in this day and age could accomodate standing areas without compromising safety. In fact having areas specificly designed for having standing spectators would be safer than having fans standing in seated area cause theirs always the risk of the seat infront acting as a trip hazard when someone behind you pushs you forward while your standing! 

Its simple really, everyone that wants to sit would go ina seated area and then those who wished to stand could do so!

[quote user="Big Slob"]Thankyou Mr Carrow for standing up for me.First off The Canary fan you sound like an absolute tosser. Wishing i have no family and no job in your other post, is pure evil and spiteful, considering your making that assumption on one post of mine. Let''s hope the phrase "what goes around comes around" doesn''t come back to haunt you. I wont bother answering your petty points at Mr Carrow has done so and made you look like a bit of a tit. At no point did i say that if you didn''t go to Blackburn on tuesday you weren''t a loyal supporter. If somebody however does question my support then that is when i will bring out the facts where i have been to, and where the chap hasn''t. I''d also like to know what makes you think i''m a "new breed" of supporter? [/quote]

Mr Carrow Quote "Absolute bull**** it''s got nothing to do with respect, and i sure didn''t see him at Blackburn on tuesday night, so much for loyal eh?"

I think maybe now it is you who looks like a bit of a tit.

[/quote]You didn''t answer my question. You''re either very thick (which is highly likely considering your poor spelling, and the fact your wishing me to be unemployed and have no family, something any decent person wouldn''t wish on their worst enemy) or you''re just getting the wrong end of the stick. He was questioning my loyalty, so in other words say that he is more loyal a fan than i am. (get it so far?) To which i''m responding by saying i made the 700 mile round trip to Blackburn and got back after 4am. So i''m saying how can he question my loyalty, or say he is more of a loyal fan than me. It''s not meant as a "I''m more loyal than everyone else on this board who didn''t go" Because people (even you maybe) will have been to some games that i haven''t. You''re also wrong (again) on the swearing aspect. The forum has an auto swearing filter, and the word s h i t obviously comes under that, and is asterisked out straight away. You''re getting confused, because when you quote me it is then it the text box that it appears. Now i''m not going to reply to you again for reasons mentioned above, because you are utter scum.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

a - This site has moderators. Sometimes they dont pick up on swearing, as in this time. They spotted it after it had been posted, and corrected it. Comprendey?

b - Listen, he shouldnt have to move. He paid for his ticket and picked the seat which suited him best. He shouldnt have to move because other fans can abide by the law. Just sit down when told and stop blocking peoples views of the match.

c - Im guessing he insulted the steward by not helping him to do his job. I used to be steward and they have to put up with discusting behaviour. People dont just ignore them, they taunt them. I once had a fan insinute he would cut my throat because I politely asked him to sit down. I had him removed. You will enjoy the game just as much parked on your arse.

Yes I am. Without a job he cant pay to go to games. His post was discusting and people with such little opinion of others fans dont rate highly in my book. And neither do you.

[/quote]Wish he f**king had.

[quote user="Northamptonncfc"]

[quote user="CantonsHero"]And just remember there''s a difference between passion and agression, chanting and swearing. I know when Elliot Ward was mauled down in the box, that my scream of "What THE HELL! You''ve got to be kidding" was loud; cause I had many turning round to look a me. It was passionate but not abusive, and I just don''t see why others can''t follow suit.[/quote]

Why should everyone follow suit? As you stated earlier on in this thread your a teacher but these are adults who have worked hard throughout the week and it''s just their way of letting off steam, you can''t enforce your rules or morals on how they should behave at a football game. They''re not breaking the law and you certainly might not agree with what they sing or say, but their fans who have paid for the tickets and they have the same right as everyone else to be there supporting their team.

[/quote]First of all, I don''t know if that is a crack at teachers, but I tell you I work harder than 95% of the people on this board and at that stadium, so you quit making cheap shots like that. Why shouldn''t I empose my morals. I don''t give a hoot if people work hard or not. They have no right to behave how they want to. People going to the cinema, shouting and talking; they''ve paid their ticket. Surely they can behave how they want to. Even if they''re asked by others to be quiet. Those can just move to the front where they can''t hear the chatters. Even if the usher comes in; sod him; you want a conversation and you have us much right as everyone else to do what you want; so ignore him.People going shopping; chucking the clothes they don''t like on the floor; they''ve got money; they''re going to buy something; they''ve got as much rigth to be there as other shoppers; so sod them.Drivers on the road cutting into other lanes; they''ve got as much right to be on the road; so sod the others on the road. If they don''t like being cut up or jeered at, they could use another road.So, you know what, I''m a moral person, with a level head and it''s irritating when people think they have rights to put others out. If you put one person out for yourself then you should feel guilty. If you want to stand and you want to come up with the rubbish "if they can''t see then move over there" YOU MOVE OVER THERE. If the stewards ask you to sit down THEN SIT DOWN. How hard is for you people to understand that?

[quote user="Bowgy"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Wish he f**king had. [/quote]And there we go; further proof that the moral people among us aren''t going to get through. You''re disgusting.

You''re right; it''s not particularly nice. But look at what he said the first time again, and tell me he wished you had no family or job. The words just aren''t there.The second time, he''s just risen stupidly to your bait. Stop reading what you want to read, and read what''s actually there.

Seems like when the team are doing well and there''s nothing to complain about, we all have to turn on each other.  Well, saves us getting bored I suppose.  Let''s play.I''m a little surprised that the teacher who wants people to be "passionate but not abusive" would then wish someone unemployment and a lack of family. 

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Seems like when the team are doing well and there''s nothing to complain about, we all have to turn on each other.  Well, saves us getting bored I suppose.  Let''s play.I''m a little surprised that the teacher who wants people to be "passionate but not abusive" would then wish someone unemployment and a lack of family.  [/quote]WHAT!I never EVER said that! and nor did THE CANARY FANTHE CANARY FAN: Big slob, some people have jobs and families that wont allow them to go to every away match. Im guessing you have neither.Mister Chops, I''d appreciate an apology.

[quote user="Bowgy"]Mister Chops, I''d appreciate an apology.i would appreciate if you f**cked off and never returned to pinkun.com/forums[/quote]Why; because you can''t make a point without swearing, and it''s making you look like a prat. I''m asking for an apology because someone accused me of saying something which I didn''t. Seems fair enough.

[quote user="Bowgy"]Mister Chops, I''d appreciate an apology.i would appreciate if you f**cked off and never returned to pinkun.com/forums[/quote]Wow, I agreed with your point in the beginning but now trying to take the moral highground over one comment and then saying you wish someone had cut their throat plus this makes you seem like a total tosser.

My ealier Post -

100% agree with you slob, swindon away last season, in

the stand with no roof everyone stood, all the elderly moved to the

front so they can see. i bet most of you moaners go to about 3 games a season, when you are aloud out of your carehome.

CantonsHero, I''d  appreciate an apology. That is a post in page 2 in which i did not swear and i made a point, there for it seems "fair enough" that you apologise.