Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

City fans at Forest

[quote user="If we d kept Howie.."]Let''s all sit quietly at football games, applaud (softly) the opposition, concentrate on halftime snacks, or maybe they could walk about and sell them (the ball is out of play).. mmmm i think socher would be much better than way. There would be no problems on the sidewalks at aftertime, extra bottom of the nine, with the clock running out blah blah blah..

The point is - football is noisy, rowdy and dear I say it - aggressive. If you want armchair entertainment go watch baseball. But grown-ups should be able to detach aggression and "banter" during the game and behave themselves after the match.[/quote]I resent your derogatory comments about the magnificent game of baseball.Otherwise, though, spot on... :)

" i think socher would be much better than way. There would be no problems on the sidewalks at aftertime "

eh ?

A bit of advice a comedian passed on to me some years back was what was told to him when first starting out. Don''t say anything on stage that you wouldn''t (or couldn''t back up) off stage.

This is a case of responsibilty, or lack of it. There''s pubs in Kilburn that I wouldn''t go into on a Saturday night wearing an England shirt. You can moralise and pontificate about the rights and wrongs of that but that''s how it is and you behave accordingly.

It doesn''t stop when the whistle blows. Anyone of a certain age (and over) will know that the worst violence was always outside of the ground.

However in this case it appears it was no more than a couple of punches, not pleasant, nor the loss of glasses either, but that was all. No death, no stabbing, no hospital. Something that probably happened a dozen or more times around Nottingham that night. Did those attacks make the front page ? A sense of perspective has been lost here.

Turn it on it''s head and had it been an ipswich fan then I''m sure there wouldn''t be endless posts from '' Outraged of Norfolk ''

either.

Ofcourse you are right and there is a lesson to be learnt, as for the ''front page'' please direct that to the papers not the boy. it must have been a slow news day.

Having said that, if this kind of reaction helps to drive the idiots out of football, then more power to the pen.

But Joe is as much shocked by the reaction as some of you.

Is this forum full of bed-wetting perverts or is it a forum full of city fans? I''m finding it hard to distinguish between the two right now!Some city fans were intent on aggrovating the home crowd? Did they throw gas canisters at the home crowd? Did they lob knives and pull out Colt 45 handguns? No, they sung songs at them. At a football match.Now, the fact that some Forest fans couldn''t handle a little banter and teamed up on a 16 year old boy who i sat near and was never overly-agressive is not because our fans our morons who deserve a beating. It''s because some clubs still have complete prats in their fanbase, and judging by this thread, so do we.Now, any throat gestures from the oppo fans is a load of rubbish as well - it doesn''t mean the norwich fans were acting out of hand, it means their fans were by making those gestures in the first hand. I got the same gestures at me last season when Southampton played us at home. It''s about time people on here stop moaning about our fans as if we''re the scum of the earth because opposition fans beat a 16 year old city fan. Had it been reserved, i''d understand some of this concern, but it''s not the case at all.MTV, you have been thoroughly correct in everything you''ve said so far and considering the boy is your son you''ve been very impartial in my opinion. If it was me i''d be all guns blazing right now i think! Your best bet is to ignore some of the posters on this forum because quite frankly they''re complete nutters.

Thanks,inside I am bloody fuming, but theres not much more I can do. 99% of fans have been great and I understand how most are thinking. However one is being a bit of a prat but there is always one.

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

You are being extremely naive if you think that "banter" will stay in the ground.  Yesterday proves that isn''t the case.

[/quote]

Wrong!  20,000 people knew exactly that banter stayed in the ground, just a handful of Forest "supporters" didn''t.

Thousands of fans had their yellor or red shirts on before and sfter the game and as far as I know there was no other incident.

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

I would rather supporters concentrated on the game and supported their team in a positive way. 

[/quote]

Which we did by singing, OTBC!  Come on Yellows! etc.

If you want a morgue atmosphere, please try the City Stand lounge areas where the biscuit chasers sit.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

[quote user="CallsignViper"]"I''m not trying to suggest that it was justified." That''s exactly what you''re trying to do by giving reasons for why it happened. Having been there, the lad was singing Norwich songs and the Forest fans clocked him and started giving him $hit singing songs like "What the f****ng hell is that? What the f****ng hell is that?" because of what he was wearing. To which he just started aiming a few retorts and just making a few gestures to the Forest fans. He hardly did anything to warrant a beating. What about the Gillingham game when Norwich "fans" in E Block started giving one fat guy in the away stand loads of abuse for about 15 minutes and he gave a few hand gestures and tried to laugh it off. Does that mean those fans should have found him outside and beat the $hit out of him?"[/quote]

You''re completely missing the point. Explaining why it happened doesn''t mean I think it was justified.

My point is that a large number of the Norwich fans near me seemed more intent on winding up the Forest fans than watching the match.  The plain fact is that if you behave like that someone well eventually suffer as a consequence.   That doesn''t mean I think the Forest fans were justified in their behaviour, but that''s life I''m afraid.

My main concern is that we are taking fans to away games who miss most of the game because they are too busy trying to antagonise the home supporters. 

[/quote]

The fact you use terms such as ''a good hiding'' and ''consequence'' make me wonder whom you are.  We all go to the football and sing songs at the away fans, that doesn''t in anyway mean we want to scrap it out once the game is done.

Think you''re wrong here and infact, I think you know you are. 
[/quote]

I agree Andy, there is no excuse for what happened to this lad, none.

I can''t believe the OP''s post, i''m stunned lol

[/quote]

I agree WAY49

[quote user="hogesar"]Is this forum full of bed-wetting perverts or is it a forum full of city fans? I''m finding it hard to distinguish between the two right now!

Some city fans were intent on aggrovating the home crowd? Did they throw gas canisters at the home crowd? Did they lob knives and pull out Colt 45 handguns? No, they sung songs at them. At a football match.

Now, the fact that some Forest fans couldn''t handle a little banter and teamed up on a 16 year old boy who i sat near and was never overly-agressive is not because our fans our morons who deserve a beating. It''s because some clubs still have complete prats in their fanbase, and judging by this thread, so do we.

Now, any throat gestures from the oppo fans is a load of rubbish as well - it doesn''t mean the norwich fans were acting out of hand, it means their fans were by making those gestures in the first hand. I got the same gestures at me last season when Southampton played us at home.

It''s about time people on here stop moaning about our fans as if we''re the scum of the earth because opposition fans beat a 16 year old city fan. Had it been reserved, i''d understand some of this concern, but it''s not the case at all.

MTV, you have been thoroughly correct in everything you''ve said so far and considering the boy is your son you''ve been very impartial in my opinion. If it was me i''d be all guns blazing right now i think! Your best bet is to ignore some of the posters on this forum because quite frankly they''re complete nutters.
[/quote]

Well said.

Agreed, why the thread starter tries to bait fans is beyond me, but on this occasion I have taken the bait.

How dare he blame the "morons" for the scrap, there is a big difference from what happens inside a football ground and purposely beating the shi+ out of someone for generally insulting their club....

You''re a Norwich City fan, if you don''t agree with it, you don''t have to say anything just pipe down. Would be saying the same, if he''d been punched in the face and brain damaged? Or more seriously hurt, probably not and that could all have happened from just one punch. Don''t even try and make it sound ok, as home fans we''ve had plenty of abuse before, but I haven''t heard of on occasion when one fan has been singled out by 6 of us. Keep your opinions to yourself on this one.