Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

Forest match report www.dh6.co.uk

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"]The level of sycophancy within this thread has got me reaching for a bucket [:P]

If the OP is actually Huckerby, and I don''t think it is, do you really think he wants you tools fawning all over him like a bunch of half-witted schoolgirls?

If you were half-witted schoolgirls he probably wouldn''t mind [:)][;)]
[/quote]

Yeah, it is him.
[/quote]

So are all the tools half-witted schoolgirls or has Shyster got it totally wrong[:O]

[/quote]

He''s right about the sycophancy and the fawning, to be honest.

[:)]
[/quote]

Well now, the acid test would be if Hucks came on and said Worthy was a good manager, Etuhu and Earnshaw were good players and the clowns who replaced them weren''t good enough.

Oh yeah.. he already did that[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"]The level of sycophancy within this thread has got me reaching for a bucket [:P]

If the OP is actually Huckerby, and I don''t think it is, do you really think he wants you tools fawning all over him like a bunch of half-witted schoolgirls?

[/quote]

Yeah, it is him.
[/quote]

So are all the tools half-witted schoolgirls or has Shyster got it totally wrong[:O]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well now, the acid test would be if Hucks came on and said Worthy was a good manager, Etuhu and Earnshaw were good players and the clowns who replaced them weren''t good enough.

[/quote]

Works for you every time!

They call it hero worship usually stops when you reach puberty[:D]

[quote user="Phyxius"]I would imagine Huckerby is rather used to it. The popular player that he was.[/quote]

Yes, as an excellent footballer Huckerby was use to, and no doubt rather liked being fawned over, but it clearly hasn''t crossed peoples small minds here that he might actually yearn to be taken seriously as a journo now he''s quit the game.Think on it - he''s obviously not short of a bob or three, but he''s only 34.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Yeah, it is him.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Works for you every time!

They call it hero worship usually stops when you reach puberty[:D]

[/quote]

Well I was only sayin''![;)]

Time to move on though[O]

So what about if Hucks came out and said the fans should be thankful for Delia Smith[:O]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Phyxius"]I would imagine Huckerby is rather used to it. The popular player that he was.[/quote]

Yes, as an excellent footballer Huckerby was use to, and no doubt rather liked being fawned over, but it clearly hasn''t crossed peoples small minds here that he might actually yearn to be taken seriously as a journo now he''s quit the game.Think on it - he''s obviously not short of a bob or three, but he''s only 34.[/quote]Well it did cross my small mind that most possibly one of Huckerby''s main reasons for posting on this site is to increase the viewership on his own site by attracting the large user base that the Pinkun has.But generally i''m not a cynic and would leave the questioning of people''s motives to those with the will to do so.

[quote user="Phyxius"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Phyxius"]I would imagine Huckerby is rather used to it. The popular player that he was.[/quote]

Yes, as an excellent footballer Huckerby was use to, and no doubt rather liked being fawned over, but it clearly hasn''t crossed peoples small minds here that he might actually yearn to be taken seriously as a journo now he''s quit the game.Think on it - he''s obviously not short of a bob or three, but he''s only 34.[/quote]Well it did cross my small mind that most possibly one of Huckerby''s main reasons for posting on this site is to increase the viewership on his own site by attracting the large user base that the Pinkun has.But generally i''m not a cynic and would leave the questioning of people''s motives to those with the will to do so.[/quote]Of course thats what he is doing, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with using his high profile to attract support for his charity work. Makes perfect sense to me.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Phyxius"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Phyxius"]I would imagine Huckerby is rather used to it. The popular player that he was.[/quote]

Yes, as an excellent footballer Huckerby was use to, and no doubt rather liked being fawned over, but it clearly hasn''t crossed peoples small minds here that he might actually yearn to be taken seriously as a journo now he''s quit the game.Think on it - he''s obviously not short of a bob or three, but he''s only 34.[/quote]Well it did cross my small mind that most possibly one of Huckerby''s main reasons for posting on this site is to increase the viewership on his own site by attracting the large user base that the Pinkun has.But generally i''m not a cynic and would leave the questioning of people''s motives to those with the will to do so.[/quote]Of course thats what he is doing, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with using his high profile to attract support for his charity work. Makes perfect sense to me.[/quote]Exactly my point, and if this wave of euphoria over a club legend posting on this board increases the notriety of his charity. Then why are people so against the fawning?

[quote user="Phyxius"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Phyxius"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Phyxius"]I would imagine Huckerby is rather used to it. The popular player that he was.[/quote]

Yes, as an excellent footballer Huckerby was use to, and no doubt rather liked being fawned over, but it clearly hasn''t crossed peoples small minds here that he might actually yearn to be taken seriously as a journo now he''s quit the game.Think on it - he''s obviously not short of a bob or three, but he''s only 34.[/quote]Well it did cross my small mind that most possibly one of Huckerby''s main reasons for posting on this site is to increase the viewership on his own site by attracting the large user base that the Pinkun has.But generally i''m not a cynic and would leave the questioning of people''s motives to those with the will to do so.[/quote]Of course thats what he is doing, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with using his high profile to attract support for his charity work. Makes perfect sense to me.[/quote]Exactly my point, and if this wave of euphoria over a club legend posting on this board increases the notriety of his charity. Then why are people so against the fawning?[/quote]Because it is one thing being in awe of a great footballer, and maybe even telling him so, but it is a very fine line between that and actually licking his arse (so to speak)It can get a bit cringeworthy seeing grown men behaving in this way.

[quote user="morty"]Because it is one thing being in awe of a great footballer, and maybe even telling him so, but it is a very fine line between that and actually licking his arse (so to speak)It can get a bit cringeworthy seeing grown men behaving in this way.[/quote]A good point, well made.I suppose with having a public messageboard you can always expect a diversity in beliefs and opinions. If there are those who metaphorically want to lick his arse then who are we to stop them ;)After all ''Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die;''

Hi all,

Someone was on here earlier posting as me, hopefully Pete''s sorted it out, honesty and my reputation are very important to me, not everyone''s going to like my match reviews and that''s how it should be, but it''s my honest opinion and I''m proud of my website, of course I want as many people as possible to go on my website and read my match review,is there any point doing it if they don''t? I''ve never claimed to be a English teacher, so I purposely have tried to keep it to the point,informative and critical when I

needed.

Hucks

I

So far I''ve had decent feedback,I''ll keep trying me best

Keep up the good work Hucks, I really appreciate a balanced review of a game from a fellow fan who just so happens to have played football at the highest level and therefore understands certain areas of a game far better than most of us on here.

Hucks said: Someone was on here earlier posting as me

It wasn''t Arthur Whittle''s nephew''s was it?

Davo

[quote user="Davo"]Hucks said: Someone was on here earlier posting as me It wasn''t Arthur Whittle''s nephew''s was it? Davo[/quote]

[:D] Lovin'' your work Davo[Y]

[quote user="hucksdh6couk"]Hi all, Someone was on here earlier posting as me, hopefully Pete''s sorted it out, honesty and my reputation are very important to me, not everyone''s going to like my match reviews and that''s how it should be, but it''s my honest opinion and I''m proud of my website, of course I want as many people as possible to go on my website and read my match review,is there any point doing it if they don''t? I''ve never claimed to be a English teacher, so I purposely have tried to keep it to the point,informative and critical when I needed. Hucks I So far I''ve had decent feedback,I''ll keep trying me best[/quote]

i can see why [;)] it should be ''an'' [y]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="hucksdh6couk"]Hi all, Someone was on here earlier posting as me, hopefully Pete''s sorted it out, honesty and my reputation are very important to me, not everyone''s going to like my match reviews and that''s how it should be, but it''s my honest opinion and I''m proud of my website, of course I want as many people as possible to go on my website and read my match review,is there any point doing it if they don''t? I''ve never claimed to be a English teacher, so I purposely have tried to keep it to the point,informative and critical when I needed. Hucks I So far I''ve had decent feedback,I''ll keep trying me best[/quote]

[/quote]

For gods sake give it up Banana, it''s not funny any more. [:@]

Hucks,

Please continue with the great match reports. It is nice to read the opinions of someone who has actually graced the Carrow Road pitch for us in the Championship, not only a hero of our club.

You don''t write if you don''t want it to be read. Why else do those of us with blogs put the links in our signatures? We want people to read them, and it''s the same with these match reports - and they''re well worth a read. And Banana, I''ve never seen someone try to hard to be controversial - you really need to grow up.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

For gods sake give it up Banana, it''s not funny any more. [:@]

[/quote]Seconded.

Really liked Hucks as a player but if his reports were crap I would not read them. As it is, I think they are rather good and give a good view of the game and along with Ricardo´s the ones I consider after the match