Sign in to follow this  

Safe standing

From Wikipedia, so slight pince of salt :-

Supporters

Fulham''s fan base has fluctuated over the years with high crowds coinciding with the clubs success in the Premier League so that the club now averages in the top twenty best home attendances in the country. Fulham supporters have played a vital role in the clubs long term stay at Craven Cottage. When the club moved temporarily to Loftus Road a committee known as ''Back to the Cottage'' was formed, committed to ensuring the club continued to play at their spiritual home.

Fulham''s more hardcore fans are known to congregate at the back of the Hammersmith end, the traditional home end of Fulham fans, in blocks H4 H5 and H6. As a result of a long standing dispute with the club over their insistence to stand and sing during home matches the club has now designated this the safe standing area of the ground. Another area of the ground where Fulham fans who sing congregate is H-Block of the Johnny Haynes stand.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Now for the umpteenth time TIL 1010 posts the views on here of John Tilson not NCISA.[/quote]All of which begs the question......

If your views are consistently at odds with those of NCISA, why are you involved with this organisation?[:^)]

And who''s views are you expressing when the papers quote John Tilson, chairman of NCISA?[^o)]

[+o(][;)]

[/quote]

When i am quoted in the papers i have consulted with my fellow officers of the committee so maybe i should give them a bell before i answer your posts.

Sits back and wonders which one of the twins will answer first.

[/quote]

Seems to me there''s an easy way to get round the problem of which of the two John Tilson''s are posting here. Why don''t you just refrain from your sharing your pearls of wisdom on these boards entirely?

[quote user="Til Seeker"]

Seems to me there''s an easy way to get round the problem of which of the two John Tilson''s are posting here. Why don''t you just refrain from your sharing your pearls of wisdom on these boards entirely?

[/quote]

Commander Tilson of nCIsA[H] posts a lot of good information on this board that has been a great help to many fans.

What is your contribution[:^)]

[quote user="Til Seeker"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Now for the umpteenth time TIL 1010 posts the views on here of John Tilson not NCISA.[/quote]All of which begs the question......

If your views are consistently at odds with those of NCISA, why are you involved with this organisation?[:^)]

And who''s views are you expressing when the papers quote John Tilson, chairman of NCISA?[^o)]

[+o(][;)]

[/quote]

When i am quoted in the papers i have consulted with my fellow officers of the committee so maybe i should give them a bell before i answer your posts.

[/quote]

[/quote]

A pearl of wisdom from the keyboard warrior which will be ignored and treated with the contempt it deserves.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Til Seeker"]

[/quote]

Commander Tilson of nCIsA[H] posts a lot of good information on this board that has been a great help to many fans.

What is your contribution[:^)]

[/quote]

Looks like if you want an answer Nutty this will have to be bumped a few times[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Til Seeker"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[+o(][;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A pearl of wisdom from the keyboard warrior which will be ignored and treated with the contempt it deserves.

[/quote]

I see your stalker''s back Tilly[;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Til Seeker"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[+o(][;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I see your stalker''s back Tilly[;)]

[/quote]

Actually Beau i am totally underwhelmed by all the attention this fool lavishes on me.[:P]

[quote user="Til Seeker"]

[/quote]

If you don''t like reading Tillys posts Truthseeker or Til Seeker or whatever you want to call yourself ,then just disappear again and do us all a favour!!

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I guess that''s the problem with being a fanny magnet, you attract every kind of ladypart... ;-)[/quote]Haha!!

That''s some interesting info from Fulham Colchester Canary.

Personally I would be all for standing areas (officially anyway). There is NO reason Carrow Road, or any other ground could not have a return to terraced areas. Football is not a sport to be watched sitting down. Funny how all these injuries/danger/any other objections to standing don''t materialise in any other public arenas. I have been to countless music events - festivals, gigs etc, horse racing, and the rest. No trouble, no injuries.

Cost implications? Shouldn''t be too bad, am sure the good will and anticipation for a terraced area would be popular enough to be cost effective. My name would be one of the first on that list. Bring it on McNally.

a friend of mine did an engineering degree at bradford uni a few yea.rs back. he looked at structural safety of both Valley parade and Carrow Road.

his research apparently showed that its more dangerous to stand and move in a seated area then it is in terracing. Seating areas drastically restrict peoples movement due to the seat backs and rows etc. in the case of a fire for example, someone sitting in the middle of the row will find it harder to escape down an exit or onto the pitch.

Terracing would alleviate that problem in some aspect as people can skip down the steps, however his studies also found arguements against terracing as well...

perhaps giant grass banks are the way to go!