Sign in to follow this  
CharlieFarlie

Away support seating restrictions ( front of stand)

What’s with the front sections of the away fans being cordoned off , I noticed it at the Swansea game ( I know it was a relatively small away presence ) and us with forest at the weekend  , is there some new legislation that I have missed ?

I know they did it to the Barclay for the Everton friendly to make it harder for people to run on as every time someone runs on the pitch the club gets fined. I assume this is why they do it to the away fans and at other clubs, the only reason they don''t do it in the home ends of Carrow Road is because there are S.T holders there and it would be too difficult to re-accomadate them.

[quote user="AzTattooedsean"]I just don''t understand running on the pitch.  [:|]
[/quote]

There are so many things that you do not do in life that sometimes its nice, in your old age, to be able to say "I did that". My father, who had fought in the Battle of the Somme in the 1914-18 where over 1 million men were killed, used the wish he had gone to the Gold Coast (Ghana) when offered a job there in the 1920''s. I went in the 1970''s just to find out what he had missed.

It might he quite good fun when you are 80 yrs of age to muse how when you were a "young ''un" you ran on the pitch at Carrow before a full house and got tackled by a Steward or a Copper. Even better muse if you got to the other side. I suppose it depends on the life that you had.For sure the lad in the green suit is going to remember his trip to Nottingham..

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]I know they did it to the Barclay for the Everton friendly to make it harder for people to run on as every time someone runs on the pitch the club gets fined. I assume this is why they do it to the away fans and at other clubs, the only reason they don''t do it in the home ends of Carrow Road is because there are S.T holders there and it would be too difficult to re-accomadate them.
[/quote]

I cant remember the last time I saw any away support on the pitch at Carrow Road !