Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Free Agents

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2010/08/the_hopes_and_fears_of_footbal.html#248321 From this article on BBC..... There are a couple of decent players in that list ''Liam Rosenior, Jeremie Aliadiere, Lee Hendrie, Francis Jeffers, Keith Gillespie, Russell Hoult, Gavin Mahon, Jay DeMerit, Barry Hayles'' Anyone think any of these would be good signings?[/quote]

might be worth a look at for rudd and steer to learn from [y]

Lee Hendrie has a gambling addiction and has basically ruined his career.

Mahon I think is a good player but our midfield is good enough as it is.

DeMerit may be worth a look as cover at CB.

Barry Hales maybe as a back up for Holt? His wages wont be Huge and he will win his fair share of headers and maybe score 1 or 2.

Keith Gillespie is old.

Franny Jeffers would be good with hooly, as a Sheff Weds fan told my dad he was very clever runner but didn''t have anyone to supply to him.

Rosenior erm....I no nothing about him appart from ex fulham?! think thats everyone covered.

[/quote]

I don''t think that DeMerit would come here as ''cover''; I''d say he''s better than what we have by a long shot. His efforts this summer in S.A would go a long way in confirming this. 

I don''t think DeMerit would come here as cover but then I don''t think he''s anything special anyway. He might be a little bit better than Nelson and Askou but Elliott Ward is starting to look the business and Leon Barnett could be a good signing as well.

My guess would be that DeMerit is looking for either a club or money (probably more so the money) that is too big for his level of ability.

Probably the bit suggesting signing the geriatric, not good enough for League 2 Barry Hayles as a target man. But when you look at who posted it, it makes sense.

Didn''t DeMerit''s contract just run down at Watford? Just think Watford are so skint that they couldn''t afford to keep him rather than the player being greedy

I''d feel a lot more confident with our side if Russell Martin was injured knowing Liam Rosenior was coming into the side to replace him. I think Francombe would be better off out on loan than sitting waiting for a chance in the first team.

Sorry I''ve only just picked myself off the floor, cant believe someone has just said Barry hayles lmfaorotfcmeo!!!!!!

The guy must be well into his 70s? We might as well give roger milla a call

BArry hayles lol you absolute weapon

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="I am a Pomegranate"]Some of the stuff in this post is hilarious![/quote]

Which bits??? [:|]
[/quote]

Sorry, should read thread, not post!

Yes, Barry Hayles, someone genuinely suggesting we should sign him is beyond me!

Franny Jeffers, Russel Hoult, Keith Gillespie...The 4 must have a combined age of at least 200.