Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Free Agents

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2010/08/the_hopes_and_fears_of_footbal.html#248321

From this article on BBC..... There are a couple of decent players in that list

''Liam Rosenior, Jeremie Aliadiere, Lee Hendrie, Francis Jeffers, Keith Gillespie, Russell Hoult, Gavin Mahon, Jay DeMerit, Barry Hayles''

Anyone think any of these would be good signings?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2010/08/the_hopes_and_fears_of_footbal.html#248321

From this article on BBC..... There are a couple of decent players in that list

''Liam Rosenior, Jeremie Aliadiere, Lee Hendrie, Francis Jeffers, Keith Gillespie, Russell Hoult, Gavin Mahon, Jay DeMerit, Barry Hayles''

Anyone think any of these would be good signings?[/quote]De Merit still doesn''t have a club? Thats a surprise. As for the others most seem either far too old or far to Aliadiere.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2010/08/the_hopes_and_fears_of_footbal.html#248321 From this article on BBC..... There are a couple of decent players in that list ''Liam Rosenior, Jeremie Aliadiere, Lee Hendrie, Francis Jeffers, Keith Gillespie, Russell Hoult, Gavin Mahon, Jay DeMerit, Barry Hayles'' Anyone think any of these would be good signings?[/quote]

might be worth a look at for rudd and steer to learn from [y]

Lee Hendrie has a gambling addiction and has basically ruined his career.

Mahon I think is a good player but our midfield is good enough as it is.

DeMerit may be worth a look as cover at CB.

Barry Hales maybe as a back up for Holt? His wages wont be Huge and he will win his fair share of headers and maybe score 1 or 2.

Keith Gillespie is old.

Franny Jeffers would be good with hooly, as a Sheff Weds fan told my dad he was very clever runner but didn''t have anyone to supply to him.

Rosenior erm....I no nothing about him appart from ex fulham?! think thats everyone covered.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]I reckon Simon Whaley could do a job[/quote]As long as the job isn''t football, I concur.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]I reckon Simon Whaley could do a job[/quote]

As long as the job isn''t football, I concur.
[/quote]

Warehouse operative for Home Delivery Network

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]I reckon Simon Whaley could do a job[/quote]

As long as the job isn''t football, I concur.
[/quote]

Rosenior would give us another option at RB, DeMerit is a class player at this level, but do we want another CB?

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Rosenior would give us another option at RB, DeMerit is a class player at this level, but do we want another CB?
[/quote]

why else did lambert want to get in the man city youngster... [:S]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]How do you know the speculaton regarding Boyata didn''t come about before we made the move for Barnett?

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Rosenior would give us another option at RB, DeMerit is a class player at this level, but do we want another CB?
[/quote]

[/quote]

He didn''t

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

How do you know the speculaton regarding Boyata didn''t come about before we made the move for Barnett?
[/quote]

Maybe it did, but if it didn''t....

Have to say, feel a bit sorry for Whaley from this article. He was such a big talent at Preston but since he came here he didnt really impress and it seems he is now looking at non-league. Shame - I still think he could have offered us something.

But in Lambert I trust :)

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Rosenior would give us another option at RB, DeMerit is a class player at this level, but do we want another CB?[/quote]

[/quote]That''s just speculation and Boyata can play RB.

With the exception of possibly taking a look at Rosenior, I would not touch any of the others you mention with a barge pole.Others who it might be worth us taking a look at in my opinion...

Paul Scharner

Joe Anyinsah

Steve Finnan

Christopher Riley

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]I reckon Simon Whaley could do a job[/quote]As long as the job isn''t football, I concur.[/quote]

[/quote]Are you sure that you would want to put such responsibility on him??? [:|]

[quote user="Smudger"]With the exception of possibly taking a look at Rosenior, I would not touch any of the others you mention with a barge pole.Others who it might be worth us taking a look at in my opinion...

Paul Scharner

Joe Anyinsah

Steve Finnan

Christopher Riley

[/quote]Signed for Charlton a couple of days ago.A decent League One player if he''s playing with the right players and in the right position, but would struggle to make any sort of impression in the Championship. Is, and always has been a raw talent, and probably always will be.

id take a punt on De Merit. Darius Vassell is also available on a free. if someone could get him fit and he didnt want too much in wages i think he could do well on the championship!

i''d take a punt on him on pay as you play and if he does the biz then give him a longer deal.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]id take a punt on De Merit. Darius Vassell is also available on a free. if someone could get him fit and he didnt want too much in wages i think he could do well on the championship!

i''d take a punt on him on pay as you play and if he does the biz then give him a longer deal.[/quote]

DV is basically an old version of Jackson though!

[quote user="Pabs"]Have to say, feel a bit sorry for Whaley from this article. He was such a big talent at Preston but since he came here he didnt really impress and it seems he is now looking at non-league. Shame - I still think he could have offered us something.

But in Lambert I trust :)[/quote]According to a PNE season ticket holder I know he wasn''t any great shakes there and I received a long text message full of "Ha ha ha has", same as the one from the tottenham mate of mine when we signed Doherty, he was right until we went down into League 1, the PNE lad was right all along.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]id take a punt on De Merit. Darius Vassell is also available on a free. if someone could get him fit and he didnt want too much in wages i think he could do well on the championship!

i''d take a punt on him on pay as you play and if he does the biz then give him a longer deal.[/quote]I would rather have De Merit than Nelson or Askou, though though would want to know the reason why he''s a free agent before comitting to that, ie was it similar to the Russell situation, holding out for more money/better offer or was he felt to be surplus to requirements... He''s the only one from that list I''d fancy though. Hendrie made a complete idiot of himself on Soccer AM on Saturday.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]id take a punt on De Merit. Darius Vassell is also available on a free. if someone could get him fit and he didnt want too much in wages i think he could do well on the championship!

i''d take a punt on him on pay as you play and if he does the biz then give him a longer deal.[/quote]

Older or more experienced?

DV is basically an old version of Jackson though![/quote]

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]id take a punt on De Merit. Darius Vassell is also available on a free. if someone could get him fit and he didnt want too much in wages i think he could do well on the championship!

Older or more experienced?

DV is basically an old version of Jackson though![/quote][/quote]

older version!

"might be worth a look at for rudd and steer to learn from

Barry Hales maybe as a back up for Holt? His wages wont be Huge and he will win his fair share of headers and maybe score 1 or 2.

Franny Jeffers would be good with hooly, as a Sheff Weds fan told my dad he was very clever runner but didn''t have anyone to supply to him.."

Are you actually being serious?

These are ridiculous, signing Barry Hayles, he is near retirement and can''t get work at League 2 level. Russel Hoult, must be over 40 and Francis Jeffers isn''t good enough for a Sheff Wednesday side that got relegated because they couldn''t score many goals.

The only one I''d be happy with is DeMerit and is certainly far too good to be sitting on the bench and his wages will be big as well, I''d much rather have small name players on smaller wages. As he played 4 world cup games he can command a good wage packet.

Seriously think DeMerit is worth considering. Yeah he''s another CB and we just got Bassett on loan as back up for Nelson, but if Ward was to take a knock then we''d be back in trouble.

Plus I think some healthy competition would do our defence the world of good

[quote user="Canary1902"]

Seriously think DeMerit is worth considering. Yeah he''s another CB and we just got Bassett on loan as back up for Nelson, but if Ward was to take a knock then we''d be back in trouble.

Plus I think some healthy competition would do our defence the world of good

[/quote]

Or BARNETT even. Where did I get Bassett from? Liquorice Allsorts?

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]"might be worth a look at for rudd and steer to learn from

Franny Jeffers would be good with hooly, as a Sheff Weds fan told my dad he was very clever runner but didn''t have anyone to supply to him.."

Are you actually being serious?

These are ridiculous, signing Barry Hayles, he is near retirement and can''t get work at League 2 level. Russel Hoult, must be over 40 and Francis Jeffers isn''t good enough for a Sheff Wednesday side that got relegated because they couldn''t score many goals.

The only one I''d be happy with is DeMerit and is certainly far too good to be sitting on the bench and his wages will be big as well, I''d much rather have small name players on smaller wages. As he played 4 world cup games he can command a good wage packet.[/quote]

Agree entirely. These players are useless. Would rather have youth playing than any of these has-beens. Even that is being kind.

How anyone could suggest Barry Hayles as cover for Holt is beyond me.

In his prime, the thought of playing Hayles as a target man is pretty rediculous as he''s only 5''9.