Sign in to follow this  
Yella Foreva

David Carney

Is close to agreeing a move to Blackpool from FC Twente. I cant believe that this man could soon be playing premier league football. He looked average at best for us in a relegated championship club. Anyone else think this is crazy!?

I saw this as well and came very close to posting about it, was ridiculous but then to be fair to him was not exactly in a well managed or structured side.  I was surprised when Pool got Varney as thought he was average when I saw him, so maybe Holly is able to get something out of them that others cannot.

Gunny''s first signing!

[quote user="rjwc22"]

I saw this as well and came very close to posting about it, was ridiculous but then to be fair to him was not exactly in a well managed or structured side.

[/quote]He was about the worst right-winger I''ve seen at the club, but perhaps Holloway (unlike Gunn) has the totally crazy notion of playing him on the left side of midfield. Which might make some kind of bizarre sense, I suppose, since he is extremely left-footed...

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]He''s found a position at left back now, for Australia anyhow. He was technically decent and could put in a decent ball but was very slight and didn''t have the pace to beat his man.

[/quote]

Basically gareth Bale, without the quality.

Blackpool are signing some real cr*p out of desperation. Despite their freak result on the first day of the season they will go down.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Blackpool are signing some real cr*p out of desperation. Despite their freak result on the first day of the season they will go down.[/quote]Jim, I''m not so sure it''s desperation. Wages are probably as much a factor here as anything in whom they''re signing. Blackpool have made it clear they''re not going to risk bankrupting themselves by spending money they don''t have to stay in the Premier League. They''re following the eaxmple of Burnley by not over-paying. I suspect they are assuming they''ll get relegated but will - like Burnley - then be in a strong position next season in the Championship.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Blackpool are signing some real cr*p out of desperation. Despite their freak result on the first day of the season they will go down.[/quote]I don''t see it as desperation, they just seem to be improving their squad on a budget so they''re in a strong position next year.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Jim Smith"]Blackpool are signing some real cr*p out of desperation. Despite their freak result on the first day of the season they will go down.[/quote]

I don''t see it as desperation, they just seem to be improving their squad on a budget so they''re in a strong position next year.
[/quote]

The fact that no champ teams went for who they went for tells me there not going to have a strong team, harewood and carney are going to be a year older so they wont be a their best.

He''s come from a team that won the Dutch Eredivsie (sp?) and although not a very strong league, still decent! It is similar to Omerod and Taylor-Fletcher, Taylor-Fletcher was a League 2 player couple of years ago and last season was banging them in left right and centre! Same with Omerod, always been League 1/Lower Championship player. Carney looked terrible for us but a LB/LM/LW being played RM he didnt exactly get that much of a chance. Hey, its a funny old game!

Luke Varney didn''t look out of place in the PL. Holloway may just suprise a few this year.

On the odd occasion that Carney was actually allowed to play in his correct position he looked pretty good. Unfortunately he came here at a time when every loan signing was being treated as guilty until proved innocent. I hope the lad does well at Blackpool.

Carney was good at Birmingham away when Birmingham were poor and gave us acres of space to play in but other than that was c rap like most of the other loan signings in that disasterous season!

Seems strange that a player who struggled in the Championship will be playing in the Premiership but then again this is Blackpool we''re talking about!