Sign in to follow this  
Welsh NorwichFan

FAO Hucks

Hiya Hucks,

Loving your website and twitter page. I know it sounds corny but thank you for bringing all of us so much joy over the years. Do you mind if i ask a couple of quick questions about message boards?..

how did you feel as a player if you read  message boards and got critized? Do you know if there are players who read the boards who really struggle with the abuse they recieve on message boards? Did you ever post under a different nickname when you were a player?

I dont expect you to name names or anything like that, but I sometimes I think people post without thinking of the effect they might be having on players.

Thanks very much, totally understand if you dont answer.  Think it could make an interesting article perhaps for your website!

Keep up great work with the website

[quote user="Welsh NorwichFan"]

Hiya Hucks,

Loving your website and twitter page. I know it sounds corny but thank you for bringing all of us so much joy over the years. Do you mind if i ask a couple of quick questions about message boards?..

how did you feel as a player if you read  message boards and got critized? Do you know if there are players who read the boards who really struggle with the abuse they recieve on message boards? Did you ever post under a different nickname when you were a player?

I dont expect you to name names or anything like that, but I sometimes I think people post without thinking of the effect they might be having on players.

Thanks very much, totally understand if you dont answer.  Think it could make an interesting article perhaps for your website!

Keep up great work with the website

[/quote]

I was going to ask the exact same questions!

I feel that some must read them. Like when Ruddy and Lambert said about him being in FF''s shadow etc. Surely they must have read what people kept saying on here

If he replies to one thread addressed to him he''ll then get bombarded with loads of threads/posts aimed at him so I''m guessing he''ll just stick to his match report thread and try not to get too involved with the rest of this site. Can''t say I blame him either.

[quote user="cityangel"]If he replies to one thread addressed to him he''ll then get bombarded with loads of threads/posts aimed at him so I''m guessing he''ll just stick to his match report thread and try not to get too involved with the rest of this site. Can''t say I blame him either.[/quote]Although a good point CA, I think it needs to be pointed out he''s married.  Sorry to burst the bubble! [:D]

After his comments on TV in America about his Mrs being "too old" for the newsman to promote for anything i''m suprised he is still married haha.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="cityangel"]If he replies to one thread addressed to him he''ll then get bombarded with loads of threads/posts aimed at him so I''m guessing he''ll just stick to his match report thread and try not to get too involved with the rest of this site. Can''t say I blame him either.[/quote]

Although a good point CA, I think it needs to be pointed out he''s married.  Sorry to burst the bubble! [:D]
[/quote]

Whats being married got to do with what threads he responds to or am I having a blonde moment?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="cityangel"]If he replies to one thread addressed to him he''ll then get bombarded with loads of threads/posts aimed at him so I''m guessing he''ll just stick to his match report thread and try not to get too involved with the rest of this site. Can''t say I blame him either.[/quote]Although a good point CA, I think it needs to be pointed out he''s married.  Sorry to burst the bubble! [:D][/quote]

Whats being married got to do with what threads he responds to or am I having a blonde moment?

[/quote]Entirely blonde, you win, we love him equally.  [:D]

maybe sports desk pete could gather up the  10 most popular questions from posters on here such as the one in the opening post and hucks could  answer them on a dedicated thread ? [:D]

What does he do with all the knickers CA keeps sending him?

[quote user="IncH_HigH "]What does he do with all the knickers CA keeps sending him?[/quote]

sells them to the red devils as back up parachutes [:D]

I''m glad you said that and not me,I''ve met her.[:D][:D]

[quote user="pennywise "]

[quote user="IncH_HigH "]What does he do with all the knickers CA keeps sending him?[/quote]

sells them to the red devils as back up parachutes [:D]

[/quote]

You''re a brave man

Welsh Norwich City fan ????:)Bellers !! OMG, why did you go to Cardiff ???oh wait what ???Your Chris Llwellyen........in that case im no longer interested......

I''ve only just sussed that it''s Hucks who is posting on here, i wouldnt expect him to reply, but i''m sure he''s reading most of the threads on here. *Waves like a mentalist*

So, with that in mind, i''m going to take the opportunity to thank him for what he brought to this club, with both his skill and attitude. I hope he goes down as a real legend, only time will tell - i will be praising him for years to come to my kids, just as my dad does to me with players from his era....STILL!

I can''t wait to hear how my story of him running circles round the opposition manifests itself in 10 years time. "And then he jumped over the goal and celebrated on the roof of the Barclay... Honest!" lol.

May i also say that i feel quite ashamed with how dick head roeder treated him. As a Norwich supporter it was a horrible helpless time and the only option was to go with the flow. We never truly got to say goodbye, but it''s all worked out well now... Cause you never really left us.

Anyway, if you ever need a hand, fall on hard times, or need a favour. There''s a few thousand of us that would be happy to come help you paint your house, clean the car or get you past a few levels on the xbox. ;) ...We can''t guarantee that we wouldn''t take you hostage in a scary Alan Partridge type moment though! But even so, that must be a nice thought, and shows the admiration we still hold for you. :)

Right, thats my bit said... I feel wholly gay now, i''m gonna drink some beer juice stuff and Kiss a woman-thingy! :D

Skijumptoes wrote:

"I''ve only just ... woman-thingy"

Ha ha! The things in this post pretty much sum up how all of us (except the Banana, of course) are feeling, I reckon.

Yeah, but Shyster, if said licking is done in a self-aware and humorous manner then who cares.

There will always be a Banana or two to add youthful iconoclism and irreverence anyway. Fancy joining Team Banana? :-)

[quote user="GenerationA47"]Yeah, but Shyster, if said licking is done in a self-aware and humorous manner then who cares. There will always be a Banana or two to add youthful iconoclism and irreverence anyway. Fancy joining Team Banana? :-)[/quote]

I hope that''s got nothing to do with Team Fanny Magnet.

I''d do the same for you Shyster, only you''ve done f--k all in your life thus far.

Disclaimer: I''m not actually a serial ringpiece licker.