Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Zak Whitbread (calf)

This is all we ever seem to see.

How long can an unspecified ''calf'' injury keep someone out for?

Michael Nelson for example has ''ankle......ligaments''

Andrew Crofts has a ''groin......strain.''

What is actually wrong with Whitbread. Why hasn''t he had an operation by now and will we ever see him play.

The Club needs to clarify what is really going on here because the ongoing explanation is no longer good enough.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]This is all we ever seem to see.

What is actually wrong with Whitbread. Why hasn''t he had an operation by now and will we ever see him play.

The Club needs to clarify what is really going on here because the ongoing explanation is no longer good enough.[/quote]He''s the Stig

I''m sure there used to be a section on the Pink Un site listing each first team player out injured and giving estimates of likely return date.That seems to have been removed unless I''ve missed it so we are all kept in the dark. 

Must admit I have real doubts about both the boy Whitbread and Steven Smith - both (Smith in particular) had histories of ''injuries'' and you wonder how much due diligence and investigation was carried out when they signed? Possibly the club felt it worth ''taking the chance'' - after all Holt had his ankle injury when we signed him (so he himself said) and that ain''t worked out too bad!!

Just hope that Smith and Zak are''nt todays equivalents of Emblen and that full back from Forest (who was so familiar the name escapes me!).

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

I''m sure there used to be a section on the Pink Un site listing each first team player out injured and giving estimates of likely return date.That seems to have been removed unless I''ve missed it so we are all kept in the dark. 

Must admit I have real doubts about both the boy Whitbread and Steven Smith - both (Smith in particular) had histories of ''injuries'' and you wonder how much due diligence and investigation was carried out when they signed? Possibly the club felt it worth ''taking the chance'' - after all Holt had his ankle injury when we signed him (so he himself said) and that ain''t worked out too bad!!

Just hope that Smith and Zak are''nt todays equivalents of Emblen and that full back from Forest (who was so familiar the name escapes me!).

[/quote]Matthieu Louis-Jean

The Club needs to clarify what is really going on here because the ongoing explanation is no longer good enough.[/quote]Having seen Whitbread turned inside out by a Dereham striker time and time again for 45 minutes, I''m in no hurry for him to be fit.

[quote user="ZiggyPiggy"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]This is all we ever seem to see.

The Club needs to clarify what is really going on here because the ongoing explanation is no longer good enough.[/quote]Having seen Whitbread turned inside out by a Dereham striker time and time again for 45 minutes, I''m in no hurry for him to be fit.[/quote]Oh and Smith was Pap too.

[quote user="ZiggyPiggy"][quote user="ZiggyPiggy"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]This is all we ever seem to see.

The Club needs to clarify what is really going on here because the ongoing explanation is no longer good enough.[/quote]Having seen Whitbread turned inside out by a Dereham striker time and time again for 45 minutes, I''m in no hurry for him to be fit.[/quote]

Oh and Smith was Pap too.[/quote]Yeah cause you should always judge a new player on just a few minutes of pre season action....

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="ZiggyPiggy"][quote user="ZiggyPiggy"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]This is all we ever seem to see. How long can an unspecified ''calf'' injury keep someone out for? Michael Nelson for example has ''ankle......ligaments'' Andrew Crofts has a ''groin......strain.'' What is actually wrong with Whitbread. Why hasn''t he had an operation by now and will we ever see him play. The Club needs to clarify what is really going on here because the ongoing explanation is no longer good enough.[/quote]

Having seen Whitbread turned inside out by a Dereham striker time and time again for 45 minutes, I''m in no hurry for him to be fit.
[/quote]

Oh and Smith was Pap too.
[/quote]

Yeah cause you should always judge a new player on just a few minutes of pre season action....
[/quote]

Don''t you realise that all new players are automatically crap/injury prone/past it/ too slow/not as good as the player we had before? This only changes after they have been Player of the Season at least once.[;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"]Don''t you realise that all new players are automatically crap/injury prone/past it/ too slow/not as good as the player we had before? This only changes after they have been Player of the Season at least once.[;)][/quote]Even that didn''t work with The Doc Beauseant! [;)]

I made a perfectly sensible point. Of course i''m not writing their careers off. But if they''ve only managed to be fit and selected for 45 minutes, then that''s all they can be judged on! Will be delighted if they

both manage to prove later on in the season that their awful showing

that sunny afternoon was purely down to early pre-season rustiness.

The Club needs to clarify what is really going on here because the ongoing explanation is no longer good enough.[/quote]He''s out until at least October, but the club are hushing it up.Oh sorry, I thought it said "Grant Holt".

Where do these guys live? Doesn''t anyone see them mowing the lawn or down the pub and have a chat to them. Why doesn''t an Argent reporter chase them up.As an auditor we always used to check the payroll with evidence that the names belonged to real persons.... maybe we should do an audit? Afterall as shareholders we do have some rights to be assured the directors are managing the club properly!

Didn''t the calf injury to Whitbread occur during the warm up before one of the friendlies?

Whitbreads been with us since last Janaury, played only a handful of games not looking nowt special, has spent most of his time with us either not playing or injured and all we''ve heard is how wonderful a player he is!

Somethings definately not right here I think! 

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]This is all we ever seem to see.

The Club needs to clarify what is really going on here because the ongoing explanation is no longer good enough.[/quote]He''s out until at least October, but the club are hushing it up.Oh sorry, I thought it said "Grant Holt".[/quote][Y]

I think Eduardo recovered more quickly from having his leg twisted through about 90 degrees via that Martin Taylor (wish he was here still!) tackle than Zak is taking to recover from his calf strain!

Smith, I am sure, will get fit and become an important player for us. But Zak''s constant ability to play as the holding treatment table player is a concern.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

I think Eduardo recovered more quickly from having his leg twisted through about 90 degrees via that Martin Taylor (wish he was here still!) tackle than Zak is taking to recover from his calf strain!

Smith, I am sure, will get fit and become an important player for us. But Zak''s constant ability to play as the holding treatment table player is a concern.

[/quote]Have you seen Smith play in Scotland mate? I have never seen him play other that 45 minutes at Dereham. When he was worse than me. And I''m a pig. I haven''t heard/seen anyone say that they''ve seen him play well on telly etc. before so would be encouraging if you have.