Sign in to follow this  
Sasco

Lambert to Southampton ?

More or less this time last year it was Ricky Lambert but this time around it could easily be ILWT. After all, the Southampton MD is determined to win promotion this season so who better than the Manager who steered Norwich to a comfortable League 1 title win last year. And of course being quoted now as the 4th richest club in the UK, Southampton have the financial muscle to offer ILWT a much more lucrative pay package than NCFC, pay NCFC compensation and make available to Lambo a very sizable transfer budget with the Premiership within a few years a viable and attractive objective. So, it wouldn''t surprise me at all to see Lambo at St Mary''s with a red and white scarf around his neck going on about how massive a club Southampton FC is and how amazing the supporters are. I hope not of course but stranger things have happened.

Why do people not listen to Paul Lambert when he says he''s more than happy at Norwich. Not interested in Celtic, Aston Villa, he certainly won''t be interested in Southampton, moving on...

I think people fret too much. Lambo has proved by rubbishing Celtic and Villa that he is here to stay. Sure, never say never. But to be biased, he''s not going to find a bigger fan base than Norwich City outside the premier league

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Amazing supporters? Around 10,000 of them have stopped turning up since their relegation from the Premiership. Amazing supporters my ****.[/quote]

...........errr.......just tongue in cheek....... reel ''em in as the saying goes.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]And then we can get Bryan Gunn back [Y][/quote]

eh ? .....and again ....... reel ''em in as the saying goes.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Amazing supporters? Around 10,000 of them have stopped turning up since their relegation from the Premiership. Amazing supporters my ****.[/quote]Agreed Southampton''s support has been terrible for many years now, even when they were in the Premiership they couldn''t fill their stadium on a regular basis.It''s an insult to Paul Lambert to even suggest he may want to step own a peg just to manage a team who are apparently "destined" for the Premiership within 5 years

Ahhhhhh, the famous "Yeah, I was only joking" line when you realise after peoples comments that you said something really dumb.[:)]

Ah, bogbrush, have you been hanging around too long in the Portaloo Road sh''ithouses? You''re so bored you thought you''d come on here and start some more inane speculation. How original. Go away!

[quote user="morty"]Ahhhhhh, the famous "Yeah, I was only joking" line when you realise after peoples comments that you said something really dumb.[:)][/quote]Classic [:)]

Seeing as Paul Lambert gets a threat linking him with pretty much any other managerless club I guess Hartlepool deserve their own thread aswell!

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"][quote user="morty"]Ahhhhhh, the famous "Yeah, I was only joking" line when you realise after peoples comments that you said something really dumb.[:)][/quote]Classic [:)][/quote]Closely followed by "Oh, someone must have hacked my account"[:)]

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Seeing as Paul Lambert gets a threat linking him with pretty much any other managerless club I guess Hartlepool deserve their own thread aswell!
[/quote]

Yep just as beleiveable as Southampton.

[quote user="morty"]Ahhhhhh, the famous "Yeah, I was only joking" line when you realise after peoples comments that you said something really dumb.[:)][/quote]

Ha ha, that''s rich coming from you. Of course I was only joking, just a tongue in cheek Friday wind-up but with an underlying suggestion of credibility. Too easy to reel you in though so not very satisfying. A bit like stirring up a little nest of wasps through lack of something more interesting to do.

[quote user="Bogbrush1"][quote user="morty"]Ahhhhhh, the famous "Yeah, I was only joking" line when you realise after peoples comments that you said something really dumb.[:)][/quote]

Ha ha, that''s rich coming from you. Of course I was only joking, just a tongue in cheek Friday wind-up but with an underlying suggestion of credibility. Too easy to reel you in though so not very satisfying. A bit like stirring up a little nest of wasps through lack of something more interesting to do.[/quote]Heres some tips for you, chump.Jokes ideally should be amusing, and wind ups ideally should be slightly believable.You didn''t reel anyone in, we just pointed out the obvious that you''re an idiot.Hope this helps.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bogbrush1"][quote user="morty"]Ahhhhhh, the famous "Yeah, I was only joking" line when you realise after peoples comments that you said something really dumb.

[:)]
[/quote] Ha ha, that''s rich coming from you. Of course I was only joking, just a tongue in cheek Friday wind-up but with an underlying suggestion of credibility. Too easy to reel you in though so not very satisfying. A bit like stirring up a little nest of wasps through lack of something more interesting to do.[/quote]

Heres some tips for you, chump.

Jokes ideally should be amusing, and wind ups ideally should be slightly believable.

You didn''t reel anyone in, we just pointed out the obvious that you''re an idiot.

Hope this helps.

[/quote]

Careful morts, I think the intellectual giant that  you have chosen to pit yourself against is none other than a reincarnation of the original Bogbrush, serial Gunn enthusiast and Lambert hater (see below).

Oh, and Alf Tupper/ Bob Franklin has now reincarnated as Lord Snooty.

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2214836/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bogbrush1"][quote user="morty"]Ahhhhhh, the famous "Yeah, I was only joking" line when you realise after peoples comments that you said something really dumb.[:)][/quote] Ha ha, that''s rich coming from you. Of course I was only joking, just a tongue in cheek Friday wind-up but with an underlying suggestion of credibility. Too easy to reel you in though so not very satisfying. A bit like stirring up a little nest of wasps through lack of something more interesting to do.[/quote]Heres some tips for you, chump.Jokes ideally should be amusing, and wind ups ideally should be slightly believable.You didn''t reel anyone in, we just pointed out the obvious that you''re an idiot.Hope this helps.[:)][/quote]

Careful morts, I think the intellectual giant that  you have chosen to pit yourself against is none other than a reincarnation of the original Bogbrush, serial Gunn enthusiast and Lambert hater (see below).

Oh, and Alf Tupper/ Bob Franklin has now reincarnated as Lord Snooty.

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2214836/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]I''m guessing he was eventually banned judging by the new profile, or perhaps its a clever ruse, adding a "1" to his username to conceal his true identity.Cunning as a fox.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wembley_Canary"][quote user="morty"]Ahhhhhh, the famous "Yeah, I was only joking" line when you realise after peoples comments that you said something really dumb.

[/quote]

Classic [:)]
[/quote]

Closely followed by "Oh, someone must have hacked my account"

[/quote]

Followed by Bogbrush1 revealing himself as ''Pardews Agent'' trying to manufacture a vacancy in Norfolk.

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wembley_Canary"][quote user="morty"]Ahhhhhh, the famous "Yeah, I was only joking" line when you realise after peoples comments that you said something really dumb.[:)][/quote]Classic [:)][/quote]Closely followed by "Oh, someone must have hacked my account"[:)][/quote]

Followed by Bogbrush1 revealing himself as ''Pardews Agent'' trying to manufacture a vacancy in Norfolk.

[/quote]I would REALLY not welcome Pardew.

[quote user="Bogbrush1"]More or less this time last year it was Ricky Lambert but this time around it could easily be ILWT. After all, the Southampton MD is determined to win promotion this season so who better than the Manager who steered Norwich to a comfortable League 1 title win last year. And of course being quoted now as the 4th richest club in the UK, Southampton have the financial muscle to offer ILWT a much more lucrative pay package than NCFC, pay NCFC compensation and make available to Lambo a very sizable transfer budget with the Premiership within a few years a viable and attractive objective. So, it wouldn''t surprise me at all to see Lambo at St Mary''s with a red and white scarf around his neck going on about how massive a club Southampton FC is and how amazing the supporters are. I hope not of course but stranger things have happened.[/quote]With you massive 5 posts I''d reckon your a) A Saints fanb) stiring sh*t here for a reactionc) Just a bit thick