Sign in to follow this  
Granty

city drummer?

just a quick one....have we ever had one? would the extremely strict stewards allow it at carrow road?

thanks

[quote user="Granty"]just a quick one....have we ever had one? would the extremely strict stewards allow it at carrow road?

thanks[/quote]would you want one?. imagine having that next to ya?

They tried a band in the snake pit  and  a fan was ejected for throwing the drumsticks on the pitch, I think he was allowed back following an appeal.

[quote user="paul ncfc"]They tried a band in the snake pit  and  a fan was ejected for throwing the drumsticks on the pitch, I think he was allowed back following an appeal.
[/quote]

I remeber that , I think it was actually someone else so fed up with the cinstant banging who grabbed the sitcks and chucked them on the pitch !

There was then a bit of handbags and the drummer was thrown out ( with drum) which prompted huge cheers from the snakepit !

i don''t remember the previous attempt to have a drummer. Anyway, how the heck could i get in with my 11 piece yamaha kit!

[quote user="paul ncfc"]They tried a band in the snake pit  and  a fan was ejected for throwing the drumsticks on the pitch, I think he was allowed back following an appeal.
[/quote]

Did he drum up some support?[:$]

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[/quote]

I remeber that , I think it was actually someone else so fed up with the cinstant banging who grabbed the sitcks and chucked them on the pitch !

There was then a bit of handbags and the drummer was thrown out ( with drum) which prompted huge cheers from the snakepit !

[/quote]

The club should take a stand here and Ban them from the ground, If we wanted to listen to drums then we would go to a concert. Time for a petition I think.  

I''m sure I remember there being a drum at a home game against Bury in the late 1990s. City were leading 2-1 with the game heading into injury time. There had been this incessant drum breat accompanied by an equally annoying chant for almost all of the preceeding 10-15 minutes. It came to an abrupt end when Bury equalized right at the end of the game. (Barclay End). As the ball crossed the line so the beat was replaced by a stunned silence.

The dreadful din seemed so uncool, and gave the impression that the game had been won. Really would have been justified leaving early on the grounds of wanting to protect my sanity. I would not have been surprised if it affected the players'' concentration.

The things a football supporter has to suffer.

I''m sure my memory serves me correct(ly). Can anyone else recall that game?

We can''t have a band. It would wake up the OPA''s int he N&P and Jarrold stand. We can''t have them missing out on thier Saturday afternoon nap now can we?

I think drums do have a place in football but that place is not Carrow Road.

Davo

I always liked the Snakepit drummer.

Fact of the matter is the atmosphere back then was far, far better than it is nowadays, though whether or not it was because of the drum is difficult to verify!

There''s a young chap who goes to a number of away games with a drum, by the way. He has to pick and choose his games though, as not every club allows it in so he has to ask ahead of time. Carrow Road have banned it, so he told me a couple of years ago.

some of our fans cant clap in time, what makes you think they can beat a drum.

No thanks

[quote user="Granty"]just a quick one....have we ever had one? would the extremely strict stewards allow it at carrow road?

thanks[/quote]Well I guess if you want to wear it after 20 mins it would be allowed ?!We dont need that crap, spoils the atmosphere !

I well remember the plank in the river end lower tier terrace in the early 90''s before the all seater conversion and big crowds having a section of the standing area for his keyboard in a pathetic attempt to increase atmosphere levels. This only lasted for a handful of games!

Those who crow on about the great days of standing areas when the atmos was so much better!

On the subject of a drummer amongst Norwich fans. No I can''t remember one and I wouldn''t want one and our atmosphere levels are good enough without having to resort to a c rappy drummer who''ll just annoy the f uck out of everyone!

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cheers for clearing that up.I thought he twatted the drum so hard,that the stick flew out of his hand.Thought i was unfair that he got kicked out.(I was sitting in the Barclay at the time,so didn''t see,or hear it properly).

When we played Charlton away in the Cup in Jan 2009 I had the misfortune to sit next to some tw@t that brought a drum into the ground. For those that have been to The Valley we were in row P, which is the one just before the walk-way between the upper and lower sections of the away end.

At 2.55pm everyone in our section saw a tw@t with a drum looking at his ticket at the end of our row and as if by magic everyone made the themselves a bit bigger , elbows out standing forward (not what you were thinking….) to make out the unfilled seat in our row was actually filled.

The twa@t with the drum was not deterred by this and forced himself along the row and stopped next to me, much to my horror. He then proceeded to bang the drum with a drumstick his left hand and every other bang the drumstick hit my leg as he was to my right. My daughter was to my left and she is quite small so I moved away and which meant the tw@t with the drum stopped whacking me with his stick.

I got to half time, calmed down, went to the loos, got a coffee, and found that my pal, Mild Mannered Dan had offered to sit in my seat. He could see I was getting quite tense and as he thought it was highly probable that I would have twa@tted the tw@t with the drum he stepped in to save us both and swapped seats with me. I’ve only ever seen Mild Mannered Dan lose it once and I knew he’d be ok for 45 minutes. That was at Man City away in the Tuesday night League Cup match when we lost 0-1 to a last minute goal by Daniel Sturridge. That evening we had the misfortune to be at the end of the away block and were the closest fans to the Moss Side Massive (or whatever they called themselves) and after an evening of chavvy goading the last minute goal was too much for Mild Mannered Dan and he was ready to have it out with the Moss Side Massive but thought the better of it as he was confronted by a row of luminous jackets.

The second half was much more fun as we all hurled abuse at Roeder and shouted for Arturo Lupoli to come on. And when he did, he nicked an equaliser almost immediately which livened us all up and made us forget about the tw@t with the drum.

Thanks to Mild Mannered Dan and Arturo Lupoli for saving the day.

I’ve not seen or heard of the tw@t with the drum since then. Luckily.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

When we played Charlton away in the Cup in Jan 2009 I had the misfortune to sit next to some tw@t that brought a drum into the ground. For those that have been to The Valley we were in row P, which is the one just before the walk-way between the upper and lower sections of the away end.

At 2.55pm everyone in our section saw a tw@t with a drum looking at his ticket at the end of our row and as if by magic everyone made the themselves a bit bigger , elbows out standing forward (not what you were thinking….) to make out the unfilled seat in our row was actually filled.

The twa@t with the drum was not deterred by this and forced himself along the row and stopped next to me, much to my horror. He then proceeded to bang the drum with a drumstick his left hand and every other bang the drumstick hit my leg as he was to my right. My daughter was to my left and she is quite small so I moved away and which meant the tw@t with the drum stopped whacking me with his stick.

I got to half time, calmed down, went to the loos, got a coffee, and found that my pal, Mild Mannered Dan had offered to sit in my seat. He could see I was getting quite tense and as he thought it was highly probable that I would have twa@tted the tw@t with the drum he stepped in to save us both and swapped seats with me. I’ve only ever seen Mild Mannered Dan lose it once and I knew he’d be ok for 45 minutes. That was at Man City away in the Tuesday night League Cup match when we lost 0-1 to a last minute goal by Daniel Sturridge. That evening we had the misfortune to be at the end of the away block and were the closest fans to the Moss Side Massive (or whatever they called themselves) and after an evening of chavvy goading the last minute goal was too much for Mild Mannered Dan and he was ready to have it out with the Moss Side Massive but thought the better of it as he was confronted by a row of luminous jackets.

The second half was much more fun as we all hurled abuse at Roeder and shouted for Arturo Lupoli to come on. And when he did, he nicked an equaliser almost immediately which livened us all up and made us forget about the tw@t with the drum.

Thanks to Mild Mannered Dan and Arturo Lupoli for saving the day.

I’ve not seen or heard of the tw@t with the drum since then. Luckily.

[/quote]

That''s the kid i was speaking to a couple of years ago, mentioned above. I actually spoke to him on the train coming back from Charlton, and sat near him at the ground.

He was alright, just an ethusiastic youngster who was trying to get the atmosphere going a bit more.

I''ve seen him at a few away games since, but not with the drum.

Drums... about as good as the boys walking round the ground last May to friggin ''We are the Champions''  rather than the sound of 25,000 of their own fans singing our own songs . I could have cried. No drums, no bands. We make the noise. (look at the embarrassment that happens when England play). Not just the team.

A better way to improve the atmosphere would be for a couple of large groups of voiciferous 18 - 35 year olds to be formed with one group sitting in the Jarrold close to the away fans and another group to sit in the Nand P lower to try and spread the noise around the ground a bit more, think Ipswich do something similar with their section six group although I think with the size of their crowds it''s probably difficult to create any kind of an atmosphere in that place. in that god forsaken place.